Public/Private Split

dawg101

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what they need to Study

Pujo to really see what is the justification and then see if its warranted....I know there is alot of passion from alot of people but you truly need to know if it is the right thing to do and to be honest winning championships can't be the reason, but I know you know that...again I don't care but it seems to me that there needs to be a better reason to split them than who wins championships...today Boyd will play in its first ever state tourney in boys basketball and they have been a private a long time, so maybe just maybe its not that big of advantage as some make it out to be, but more the effect of a few bad apple privates that has a bad taste in some good ol boy publics hearts..I'm Just sayin!

Pujo to really see what is the justification and then see if its warranted....I know there is alot of passion from alot of people but you truly need to know if it is the right thing to do and to be honest winning championships can't be the reason, but I know you know that...again I don't care but it seems to me that there needs to be a better reason to split them than who wins championships...today Boyd will play in its first ever state tourney in boys basketball and they have been a private a long time, so maybe just maybe its not that big of advantage as some make it out to be, but more the effect of a few bad apple privates that has a bad taste in some good ol boy publics hearts..I'm Just sayin!

Its ok with me either way ,but when this debate has been going on for 20 years,I'm just not sure what they need to study.

Pujo to really see what is the justification and then see if its warranted....I know there is alot of passion from alot of people but you truly need to know if it is the right thing to do and to be honest winning championships can't be the reason, but I know you know that...again I don't care but it seems to me that there needs to be a better reason to split them than who wins championships...today Boyd will play in its first ever state tourney in boys basketball and they have been a private a long time, so maybe just maybe its not that big of advantage as some make it out to be, but more the effect of a few bad apple privates that has a bad taste in some good ol boy publics hearts..I'm Just sayin!pretty

pretty sure Boyd Buchanon

won the state in 1996 and runnerup in1988

Its ok with me either way ,but when this debate has been going on for 20 years,I'm just not sure what they need to study.

could be a study to see if there is another solution...I have said that I think keep it the same and just punish the ones who dont do it right by making them play D2 for at least ten years!

could be a study to see if there is another solution...I have said that I think keep it the same and just punish the ones who dont do it right by making them play D2 for at least ten years!

Thats not a bad Idea but its hard to catch a crook,they seem to do things that others can't see. Temple was a mess and Grace getting caught was a weird situation.

My guess is the study concerns what happens if a split occurs. Do the privates pull out of the TSSAA and do they start recruiting kids from the bigger schools.Big schools are fine with the way things are and the TSSAA sure don't want to lose the privates,

Thats not a bad Idea but its hard to catch a crook,they seem to do things that others can't see. Temple was a mess and Grace getting caught was a weird situation.

My guess is the study concerns what happens if a split occurs. Do the privates pull out of the TSSAA and do they start recruiting kids from the bigger schools.Big schools are fine with the way things are and the TSSAA sure don't want to lose the privates,

True and that's everything might stay the same except with six classes

Another idea could be, to move the privates up in class.  For instance since Catholic, CPA, CAK and Notre Dame play AA (3A and 4A in football), move them to AAA (5A/6A football) and put all the single A teams in AA (3A/4A football).  Or make all the privates play AAA.  Just speculating.  On another thread I read about the impact that the private schools were having in other sports (golf, soccer, cross country etc) so maybe that's what they are studying.  But since most of those sports are A-AA it would be a moot point.

Edited by QSouth89