Public/Private Split

dawg101

Pujo to really see what is the justification and then see if its warranted....I know there is alot of passion from alot of people but you truly need to know if it is the right thing to do and to be honest winning championships can't be the reason, but I know you know that...again I don't care but it seems to me that there needs to be a better reason to split them than who wins championships...today Boyd will play in its first ever state tourney in boys basketball and they have been a private a long time, so maybe just maybe its not that big of advantage as some make it out to be, but more the effect of a few bad apple privates that has a bad taste in some good ol boy publics hearts..I'm Just sayin!

Actually 2nd tourney. We won in 1996.  :thumb:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO any study/fact finding group is just a smoke screen to putting off those concerned. If T$$AA would just do some extensive audits of privates playing D and penalize those that are giving illegal aide like they did Grace in knoxville problem would be solved. I really think publics just want T$$AA to govern and monitor member institution and the only answer is to split the public and privates. Or hand down a couple of stiff penalties to cheaters when caught instead of saying don't do it again.

The private/public argument reminds me of deer hunting. The folks with big cash and/or other influence can hunt where the big deer have been shipped in or introduced to the area in other ways.Their providers will do this 12 months a year in order to insure success for them.They can hire the best guides (coaches) who may bait the deer to bring them into the area for them. The very good guides (coaches) will bring in trophies so the "big cash" people and the ones with influence will have a decided advantage in getting a trophy to give them bragging rights. Compare that to the rest of the hunters. They hunt the deer in their area. None are shipped in. Occasionally they get a trophy buck but the deck is stacked against them. Does this remind you in any way of the public vs private school conversation? Folks, let's face the facts. The people with cash and influence control what happens in this state, this country, and the TSSAA. The only thing that will change it is, if enough opposing voices are heard. I doubt very seriously if that will ever happen!

Edited by rabbitranch