Public/Private Split

dawg101

The TSSAA does not need the privates, but the privates need the TSSAA. There is some major lobbying behind the scenes influencing Childress.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the private schools need the TSSAA?  Since the argument/debate on CoachT is they have all this money couldn't they afford to go independent? I mean after all there is only 22 private schools playing D1 and the majority of those are single A why do they need to hold on?   

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the private schools need the TSSAA? Since the argument/debate on CoachT is they have all this money couldn't they afford to go independent? I mean after all there is only 22 private schools playing D1 and the majority of those are single A why do they need to hold on?

The big private schools in the state have remained TSSAA since the partial split began. Why should they all move now?

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the private schools need the TSSAA?  Since the argument/debate on CoachT is they have all this money couldn't they afford to go independent? I mean after all there is only 22 private schools playing D1 and the majority of those are single A why do they need to hold on?

It is all about the business model. There are a lot of daddies who would pay for little Johnny's guaranteed trip to a state championship. Football and Basketball might be the showpieces, but the minor sports are where the money is. With virtually no competition from the publics, how many private kids have to graduate without "going to the state?" On the flip side, I think TSSAA has to wonder how viable a lot of those A-AA "championships" are without the privates.

Why the complaining about private schools... It seems like many of you just can't stand competition... I always loved seeing the Baylors, McAllies, Alcoas, Maryvilles, Oak Ridges, etc on our schedule..... It meant a heck of a lot more to beat good teams like them than weaker teams. I don't want to win a championship because the better teams are not there. I want to be a true champion and defeat the better schools. Me, I would never want to admit that a school or team is better than mine. I want my kids to think that they are just as good and teach them to simply go out and compete.... Excuses and whining is all that you are teaching these kids. It's not a true championship if you win by default!!!

Tabled.......sounds like what needs to be done to Childress.  What an absolute farce this has all become because no one wants to own the blame thing as it currently sits.  I would illustrate it like this:  NASCAR specs their cars so that no team has an operating advantage over any other that might not be able to pour money into their race cars.  Since the playing field is equal for all teams then there is little or no talk of the teams with big pockets operating beyond the little guys.  Oh, you can hire as many engineers and scientists and wind tunnel evaluators you want, but you have to stay within the specs from the administrators in the front office. (or suffer the punishment)  The current system at TSSAA ignores this formula because they value the $ they receive from the Private Schools just as much as they do the Publics.  That made them happy so they just bend over backwards for them.....knowing full well the "specs" the Privates have give them a unfair advantage.  Therefore, they win the majority of the athletic events held by the TSSAA.  I think they need to rename A-AA Division the Bowtie-Redneck Division..... :roflol: !  Of course it got tabled because of political uncorrectness! :thumb:  

It is all about the business model. There are a lot of daddies who would pay for little Johnny's guaranteed trip to a state championship. Football and Basketball might be the showpieces, but the minor sports are where the money is. With virtually no competition from the publics, how many private kids have to graduate without "going to the state?" On the flip side, I think TSSAA has to wonder how viable a lot of those A-AA "championships" are without the privates.

The minor sports should be split into 3 classes, I've never liked the A-AA model.

Which private school in your division are you referring to? Just curious? Which one of these privates has held you're school back all these years.

It does not matter whether there have been wins or losses, to any particular school. There should be no games against private schools that affect the postseason-whether they're in the same district or it's in the playoffs.