SouthSide vs CPA

big_mike0307

Interesting comment coming from someone at a Christian school...saw this on Coach M's twitter feed a while back as well....hmmmmm...

You're one to talk.  You get on here and blame everyone but yourself for your kid not being good enought to cut it.  Did you ever try to help your kid?  Christian or not has nothing to do with this.  This is about being a man and taking care of your responsibilities.  What are you going to cry about now???  You and Brooks..the lonely hearts club band. 

IceCreamMan, on 22 Mar 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:snapback.png

Wolves do not fret over the opinions of sheep.

rulefollower, on 22 Mar 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:snapback.png

Interesting comment coming from someone at a Christian school...saw this on Coach M's twitter feed a while back as well....hmmmmm...

You're one to talk.  You get on here and blame everyone but yourself for your kid not being good enought to cut it.  Did you ever try to help your kid?  Christian or not has nothing to do with this.  This is about being a man and taking care of your responsibilities.  What are you going to cry about now???  You and Brooks..the lonely hearts club band. 

It has everything to do with Christian when that is the name of your school.  Jesus warns against wolves in sheep's clothing. Maybe in this case it's the false prophet that leads the sheep astray in worship of the golden idol.

Edited by rulefollower

I don't believe that. I was basising that on the comment " hinged on a couple of late calls". Took that to mean if calls had went the other way CPA would have won. Just saying.

I am not  

I don't believe that. I was basising that on the comment " hinged on a couple of late calls". Took that to mean if calls had went the other way CPA would have won. Just saying.

I am not one who thinks officials determine the outcome of games. In this case, player choices made the official's calls cruxial. Certainly I advise against trying to draw a charge or risking getting one called either one, if the player has 4 fouls. Charge/block is a coin toss every time.

Obviously, had either call gone the other way, it would have been damaging to SS. Only one could have gone the other way, since both players had 4 fouls each time. However, the game would have played out differently from that point to the finish, and I would still like SS chances in a close game. This CPA team was adept at blowing people out, but it is a matter of record that they were not very successful in close games.

Southside was hungry for that win. The big 3 for SS was relentless. We played both and barely beat SS but CPA blew us off the court. The loss to CPA in last year final played a part in SS wanting this game.

Not to take anything from the SS team and win, but Lindsey leaving also helped the SS cause, maybe a thank you note needs to be sent to the family from the SS faithful.

...You and Brooks..the lonely hearts club band. 

Cute phrase, but hardly accurate. Anyone who makes that statement obviously does not read very well since there have been numerous posters who have had a problem with the CPA approach, has no clue of the pulse of the basketball community and has no idea what it means for a Christian school to uphold a testimony related to this area. 

two points

(1) Lindsey left CPA and that's the bottom line. Guess what? CPA played an entire season without him. The may have won if he was there but it's absolutely a MEANINGLESS point to make and has no relevance whatsoever to the game. Why? because he wasn't on the freaking team. Guess what? If Leron Black had moved to south/west Jackson and played his SR season for Jackson SS.....IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IFN IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF !!!!!!!!!!  Sucks Leron didn't play for Jackson SS because if he had they would have won by 30. AGAIN, LINDSEY DID NOT PLAY FOR CPA FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON SO IT'S A MEANINGLESS POINT......THE KID FELT THE GRASS WAS GREENER ELSEWHERE AND TRANFSFERRED.

(2) I've watched this game and paid very close attention and i'm convinced had Barford not missed that 12 minutes in the 1st half this game may have been over at half time or at least put CPA in a position of playing from behind for the rest of the game. Outside of Braxton Blackwell CPA simply wasn't that talented in terms of being intimidating or anything else...talented enough to compete in AA sure but far from being loaded.  In fact, the team Jackson SS beat for the state championship seemed to be much better than CPA. Simply put, B Blackwell WAS THE CPA TEAM for a game like this, the other two were overmatched both in skill and atleticism.

Edited by yankees8589

Not to take anything from the SS team and win, but Lindsey leaving also helped the SS cause, maybe a thank you note needs to be sent to the family from the SS faithful.

If Lindsey, Bradshaw, and Blackwell hadn't transfered to CPA to begin with, they would prob never be mentioned on Coacht in the 1st place! Problem with transfers is they are always looking for something better. Reap what you sew