Oak Ridge vs Blackman ** STATE CHAMPIONSHIP**

tnchad1980

State Championship AAA  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oak Ridge
    • Blackman

Same guy T'd up both coaches in a previous game...he's famous for being a "Barney" in our area, and never calls a game without one or two incidents where he creates situations that completely halts the game in order for him to be more "significant".

I do agree. I've seen him make too many of these EXACT calls in this area. When I saw those 2 guys reffing a state championship game together, I knew it was going to be a disaster.....ANDDDD... It was exactly that. The intentional foul was about as bad as it gets. The player was going for the ball, so, exactly how was it intentional...?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree. I've seen him make too many of these EXACT calls in this area. When I saw those 2 guys reffing a state championship game together, I knew it was going to be a disaster.....ANDDDD... It was exactly that. The intentional foul was about as bad as it gets. The player was going for the ball, so, exactly how was it intentional...?

Not going to say it cost us the game, but it sure as he** didn't help!!! HORRIBLE CALL!!!!!!

Well, obvious the refs always cost the losers the games. Quit bashing and start reffing. Or take your complaints to the top of TSSAA. Go in person. That would work better. I disagree with a lot you are saying. However, the T$$AA political garbage is a complete travesty. Why else would they start the events with AAA. They are all about the money.

Well, obvious the refs always cost the losers the games. Quit bashing and start reffing. Or take your complaints to the top of TSSAA. Go in person. That would work better. I disagree with a lot you are saying. However, the T$$AA political garbage is a complete travesty. Why else would they start the events with AAA. They are all about the money.

Not sure if you are talking to me or to the other folks who posted or to all of us, but i'm not blaming the refs for the loss OR endured. But, it sure was a horrible call and lets just say it definitely turned the tide of momentum in Blackman's favor after it was called. Other then that Blackman deserved the victory and I wholeheartedly congratulate them.

The referees are held to no standard... Yes, I know there is a shortage and it's hard for them to get new referees etc., but if they were held to some type of standard, it'd make a difference. They have the power to be able to hold stuff over the coaches heads.... the coaches have no power whatsoever and if they do complain about the refs then they're a "whiner". Yea, the coaches can also complain to the head of refs in their area, but nothing ever comes out of that and if it does, the coach never knows about it. TSSAA needs to do some serious work in this department.

Why don't you personally address it to T$$AA? So many quackers and not enough attackers. Go see Gene in Lebannon. I'm not disagreeing but everyone complains and does nothing.

Not going to say it cost us the game, but it sure as he** didn't help!!! HORRIBLE CALL!!!!!!

I agree SS, it's not "the reason" OR lost this game, but was an important factor in the game and the momentem. The worst part of the intentional foul call, the fact the same idiot walked into the play on the other end of the court, waved his hands around like he was stopping play so at least half the kids thought play was stopped. Then he just changed his mind like he hadn't done anything, runs down the court and calls a flagrant foul on a player HE PUT IN THAT SITUATION!

I agree SS, it's not "the reason" OR lost this game, but was an important factor in the game and the momentem. The worst part of the intentional foul call, the fact the same idiot walked into the play on the other end of the court, waved his hands around like he was stopping play so at least half the kids thought play was stopped. Then he just changed his mind like he hadn't done anything, runs down the court and calls a flagrant foul on a player HE PUT IN THAT SITUATION!

Like I said, he looked like he was having a stroke! Lol.

Why don't you personally address it to T$$AA? So many quackers and not enough attackers. Go see Gene in Lebannon. I'm not disagreeing but everyone complains and does nothing.

Personally go to tssaa and address it? Are you kidding me? This the most corrupt organization in the entire state, and maybe the entire south. You think you can just drive to Lebanon, walk in, get to see someone, voice your opinion, and it'll be ok? Your living in a dream world!

When is the last time you heard of a referee being disciplined by an association? Even in the day of video evidence, YouTube , and the like, they continue to put these buffoons in high school games.

It used to be an honorable hobby to work these games, to work with young kids, let them play with some emotion without teeing them up for saying" I didn't touch him" ! These are kids, you got to have some common sense, and know the situations. 25 point game? Maybe tee a kid up after talking to him. One or two point game with a couple minutes left? You just decided the outcome, not the kids.

Everyone remember last year when the ref teed the kid up from Bradley with like 1.4 seconds left? During a timeout nonetheless!!!! Just a travesty!!

And before you come back with, why don't you ref? Well I did for 25 years, started at middle school, went to high school, then left there for some small college games. Didn't do both, left. This no accountability stuff is why I don't ref.

Also, gene isn't the one to talk too about refs, it's Terri.

And Carolina Crazy is not an Oak Ridge fan. The games should be decided by the players and the coaches. The officiating was terrible all week long. I am an a Oak Ridge fan and feel we had to play 5 Blackman players and one zebra in the second half. We gave it away with too many turnovers but the ref sure didn't help.  Congrats to Blackman. I'm through whinning now, Thanks for listening.

Next year

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Edited by bounder

Personally go to tssaa and address it? Are you kidding me? This the most corrupt organization in the entire state, and maybe the entire south. You think you can just drive to Lebanon, walk in, get to see someone, voice your opinion, and it'll be ok? Your living in a dream world!

When is the last time you heard of a referee being disciplined by an association? Even in the day of video evidence, YouTube , and the like, they continue to put these buffoons in high school games.

It used to be an honorable hobby to work these games, to work with young kids, let them play with some emotion without teeing them up for saying" I didn't touch him" ! These are kids, you got to have some common sense, and know the situations. 25 point game? Maybe tee a kid up after talking to him. One or two point game with a couple minutes left? You just decided the outcome, not the kids.

Everyone remember last year when the ref teed the kid up from Bradley with like 1.4 seconds left? During a timeout nonetheless!!!! Just a travesty!!

And before you come back with, why don't you ref? Well I did for 25 years, started at middle school, went to high school, then left there for some small college games. Didn't do both, left. This no accountability stuff is why I don't ref.

Also, gene isn't the one to talk too about refs, it's Terri.

Agree officials were over their head in the AAA game. Didn't see A game. Thought AA game was handled pretty well.

I think one problem with officials is they have no game plan on how the game will be called. Tight early get game under control them let em play with in the rules. Refs are inconsistent and that is frustrating for players and coaching. Offense pushing off to get space on dribble no call. Defensive player protects himself foul on defense. Play around basket way to physical. Refs watch ball and down low players are pushing off. I could go on and on. Just be consistent.

As far as players reacting to calls if they show the ref up of disrespect regardless of how bad they need to be t up. Players need to maintain composure and play. Agree ref needs to use good judgement but players need to play far to many want to ref and show up the officials. Just saying

I could've cared less who won this game. I just find it appalling that these calls were made in front of thousands of people, both at the event and watching on TV, and nothing is done about it. The ref made a CRUCIAL call at a point in the game that completely swung the momentum of the game. It's getting to a point where it's getting out of control.