Dobyns Bennett coacht fans

BatmanDB

91 - That's a great point about looking beyond just the record. Year in and year out DB has no competition within the tri-cities area. One exception, now that Science Hill has its act together they are going to give DB fits for years to come. However you Knox area guys (with the exception of Maryville) better watch out this year, I have a feeling that either DB or SH is going to make some noise come playoff time.

I just get riled up everytime I see that game come up on DB threads. It seems to come up every year atleast once and I basically say what I said in that earlier post. It just puzzles me that people act like that was an embarrassing loss. WB had a very talented team and a good coaching staff, there is no reason to think DB choked in that game. I have a lot of respect for DB, but it ticks me off when they act as if WB was a cupcake that year, they weren't. WB played a difficult schedule that year and lost a few close games they probably should have won, thus the 6-4 record. But don't let that fool ya... They could have advanced deep into the playoffs if their best player hadn't got hurt in the 2nd round against Farragut. That was a very strong WB squad, don't let that record fool ya.

I just get riled up everytime I see that game come up on DB threads. It seems to come up every year atleast once and I basically say what I said in that earlier post. It just puzzles me that people act like that was an embarrassing loss. WB had a very talented team and a good coaching staff, there is no reason to think DB choked in that game. I have a lot of respect for DB, but it ticks me off when they act as if WB was a cupcake that year, they weren't. WB played a difficult schedule that year and lost a few close games they probably should have won, thus the 6-4 record. But don't let that fool ya... They could have advanced deep into the playoffs if their best player hadn't got hurt in the 2nd round against Farragut. That was a very strong WB squad, don't let that record fool ya.

You are 100% correct. I think WB's record when that game was played did fool DB a little bit. I think the players let that get in their head and maybe didn't come out in the right frame in mind. But it didn't take but a few plays for them to figure out they were in for a tough game. Another thing to remember is that your quarterback that year was some kinda' Superman. I know DB knocked him out of the game twice, he went to the sideline once to throw up, then came back the next play to score. He only played in 6 games that year because of injury and WB won all 6. Considering all WB loses that year were close games who's to say they wouldn't of went undefeated if the QB had played in all games.

There you go again. "beat the little county school as they should have" I remember 2006 well. You Southers started the smack talk in early July about how bad you were going to beat DB. You had the great Curt Phillips and it was just a  matter of how bad not if you were going to beat DB. Not only did Colonial Heights and Sullivan Gardens buy into the hype but all the surrounding area did as well. Fans from Gate City, Bristol, Johnson City all flocked into J. Fred to see the rednecks slaughter the Indians. Pickup trucks with their sides stained with tobacco spit and flying giant rebel flags cruised back and forth up and down Fort Henry Dr.  The stadium was packed and some people hadn't even made it to their seats when they looked up at the scoreboard in shock to see DB-28 South-0. The first quarter wasn't even over. You know the rest of the story. One would think after this beat down South fans would become a little more humble. But this same story has played out twice since 2006 with pretty much the same results. South did finally decide it was best to take DB off their schedule because it was easier to say we could beat you this year if we played as opposed to actually doing it. That's is pretty much what they are saying this year by the way. ..........just to set the record straight.

There you go again. "beat the little county school as they should have" I remember 2006 well. You Southers started the smack talk in early July about how bad you were going to beat DB. You had the great Curt Phillips and it was just a  matter of how bad not if you were going to beat DB. Not only did Colonial Heights and Sullivan Gardens buy into the hype but all the surrounding area did as well. Fans from Gate City, Bristol, Johnson City all flocked into J. Fred to see the rednecks slaughter the Indians. Pickup trucks with their sides stained with tobacco spit and flying giant rebel flags cruised back and forth up and down Fort Henry Dr.  The stadium was packed and some people hadn't even made it to their seats when they looked up at the scoreboard in shock to see DB-28 South-0. The first quarter wasn't even over. You know the rest of the story. One would think after this beat down South fans would become a little more humble. But this same story has played out twice since 2006 with pretty much the same results. South did finally decide it was best to take DB off their schedule because it was easier to say we could beat you this year if we played as opposed to actually doing it. That's is pretty much what they are saying this year by the way. ..........just to set the record straight.

Obsessed much?

Great game for WB. Embarrassing for DB. No Doubt. That year is just a Weird obsession for some.