Dobyns Bennett coacht fans

BatmanDB

How's the massive upperdeck and stadium upgrades coming?  I saw this from the road today, and have to say, there looks like a huge amount of work left to do, even from far away.  You guys gonna slap up storefronts like the fake city on "Blazing Saddles"?

All the seats  are finished in the upperdeck.I would have thought the cleaning and painting on the old stands would have been done long ago.They still have to take up the temporary stuff as well.I think they were testing the speakers today.Looks like they still need to add a couple of speakers

Edited by BatmanDB

All the seats  are finished in the upperdeck.I would have thought the cleaning and painting on the old stands would have been done long ago.They still have to take up the temporary stuff as well.I think they were testing the speakers today.Looks like they still need to add a couple of speakers

They don't seem to be in any hurry. I usually go by a couple times a day and I hardly ever see more than a couple people working. Seems like the past couple days I've seen about 7 or 8 working. I will be very surprised if they have it ready for the first home game.

Im with u ... siding or whatever there using on pressbox is not on either... i guess we all will be stuck on the vistors side ;)

That's where everyone sat tonight at the John Sevier - Elizabethton middle school game. Upper deck seating looked good. Lower deck cleaning about half done. Lots of loose ends to tie up before it can be used. Big shutout win for the varsity Cyclones, 27 - 0. JV tied 8 - 8.

That's where everyone sat tonight at the John Sevier - Elizabethton middle school game. Upper deck seating looked good. Lower deck cleaning about half done. Lots of loose ends to tie up before it can be used. Big shutout win for the varsity Cyclones, 27 - 0. JV tied 8 - 8.

I hope the Cyclones are just loaded and JS isn't that bad.I didn't stay for last nights game either but heard Robinson took it to the Blue Devils  after giving up about an 80 yard run  on the first play from scrimmage.

I noticed the concrete stains in old staduim where ther in june , i hope they pressure wash it /finish..havent been scince green scrimage have they done anything with comcrete- paint etc. The jumbo tron is massive , just wonderimg with sun going down this time of year if it affects the view

I noticed the concrete stains in old staduim where ther in june , i hope they pressure wash it /finish..havent been scince green scrimage have they done anything with comcrete- paint etc. The jumbo tron is massive , just wonderimg with sun going down this time of year if it affects the view

Still less then half way on the pressure wash.They were scraping loose paint and painting the openings where you come into the stands today.

I hope the Cyclones are just loaded and JS isn't that bad.I didn't stay for last nights game either but heard Robinson took it to the Blue Devils after giving up about an 80 yard run on the first play from scrimmage.

Heard last night that they did not look good against either Colonial Heights or Holston in scrimmages so it might be a long season for JS.

Uhh, ok.?  From the posts from Batman and others, it sounds like the view of progress doesn't get better close up. 

I was just messin' with you. I am one of the "others".  It doesn't seem their very worried about having everything done by the first game. They just say "we'll have it done". Then when you go by there it doesn't look like anybody is in any hurry. Also, now that they have taken the wrapper off the press box im not nearly as impressed. I can't say I like the design. Windows across the front are way to small. Did Lowes have a big sale on bathroom windows?  And the open areas on both sides of the press box looks to "cobbled up". Seems like they should of made those roof heights the same as the press box. Maybe it will look better in a couple years when they put in the suites for the mayor and city manager.

I was just messin' with you. I am one of the "others".  It doesn't seem their very worried about having everything done by the first game. They just say "we'll have it done". Then when you go by there it doesn't look like anybody is in any hurry. Also, now that they have taken the wrapper off the press box im not nearly as impressed. I can't say I like the design. Windows across the front are way to small. Did Lowes have a big sale on bathroom windows?  And the open areas on both sides of the press box looks to "cobbled up". Seems like they should of made those roof heights the same as the press box. Maybe it will look better in a couple years when they put in the suites for the mayor and city manager.

hahaha!  Yeah, we'll see.  Pal's will be representing in a big way at least, come week 1.  Hope they won't be serving drinks in the suites, or someone may need to help a certain politician down from up there.  ;)  No names.  :)

hahaha!  Yeah, we'll see.  Pal's will be representing in a big way at least, come week 1.  Hope they won't be serving drinks in the suites, or someone may need to help a certain politician down from up there.  ;)  No names.  :)

Yeah, I know who your talking about. Been there, seen that.