Coalfield Baseball

FridayMainEvent

I agree 100%....Kids for the most part are just not raised at home anymore.  I originally had something about this in my original post, but edited out, because I figured there would be backlash and I didn't feel like dealing with it....

Lol I understand that man. Sometimes I don't have a filter and it gets me in trouble at times.

True, but it all starts at the homes of these kids. My dad would've had my a** if I had of acted that way growing up. Obviously they aren't having to be accountable to not only their coaches, but their parents as well. That's where it all starts. The mothers and fathers of these kids sure aren't setting good examples by acting like 13 and 14 year olds yelling at these umpires either. Some of these adults are as bad or worse then the kids. These types of people need to take a long hard look in the mirror because they are all over not just at Coalfield. Our society is littered with them. Get your priorities in line i say. It's a da** ballgame.

Great post!Not only my parents but i myself came out of the stands in a AAU tournament and took my oldest son out of the gym because he back talked his AAU coach,these young people need respect.

The news sent gave the punishment out that the TSSAA gave them,no more games this yr in baseball and not post season next yr and three yrs probation and 3000 dollar fine.In my opinion it was just a slap on the wrist!

I can understand your thoughts that the punishment is a slap on the wrist. To everyone outside the Coalfield program, it probably looks that way. From experience, a 2 year post season ban is devastating to the program, especially the kids. This years Juniors won't get the opportunity to participate in the playoffs again, ever. That's 1/2 of there HS career. That's the sad part of the situation. I understand CF has had several incidents and I'm not condoning that type of behavior. However, a 2 yr post season ban is devastating to the kids that had dreams of walking off the field in Murfreesboro with a state championship.

I agree the actions of the kid was wrong and maybe so the fans.  he/ Coalfield should get a big time punishment. 

But by the looks of the video that was shown the umpire was at fault also.  I think he should get a punishment by TSSAA also.  Look at the way he is acting and his facial expressions as he acts like he trying to get at somebody.  He is not in control of himself either.  So what he is some kind of police for his day job who cares.  At that moment in time he was in a umpire uniform.    

With that being said the kid/fans/coaches were wrong for what happened.  Control your players. 

I can understand your thoughts that the punishment is a slap on the wrist. To everyone outside the Coalfield program, it probably looks that way. From experience, a 2 year post season ban is devastating to the program, especially the kids. This years Juniors won't get the opportunity to participate in the playoffs again, ever. That's 1/2 of there HS career. That's the sad part of the situation. I understand CF has had several incidents and I'm not condoning that type of behavior. However, a 2 yr post season ban is devastating to the kids that had dreams of walking off the field in Murfreesboro with a state championship.

From the schedule shown here on CoachT, Coalfield has won 4 games this season.  I don't think anybody had any dreams of making it to Murfreesboro any time soon.

I agree the actions of the kid was wrong and maybe so the fans.  he/ Coalfield should get a big time punishment. 

But by the looks of the video that was shown the umpire was at fault also.  I think he should get a punishment by TSSAA also.  Look at the way he is acting and his facial expressions as he acts like he trying to get at somebody.  He is not in control of himself either.  So what he is some kind of police for his day job who cares.  At that moment in time he was in a umpire uniform.    

With that being said the kid/fans/coaches were wrong for what happened.  Control your players. 

We have to many officials (umps/refs) who are way out of line.  The ump in this video lost his cool and should be punished too.  I'm not justifying the punch, I'm laying partial blame for this on the ump who cussed parents and let his over inflated cop ego get in the way of doing his umpire duties.  If these officials (all officials) can't take criticism, they have chosen the wrong second job.  I saw a soccer ref ask an entire student section to leave the stadium because they pointed out calls that were obviously incorrect.  I think Bernard needs to have a talk with these officials too.

Is there another video out there that I have not seen yet? I watched one and didn't see any umpire acting any where near out of line. After the punch was thrown the field ump did get more agitated, but who the heck wouldn't? I'm sure he will have a disscusion with someone in Hermitage about being the bigger man and not acting out because of some kid. The coach needs some serious discipline as well. He should have gotten his players away from the umpires exit and tried to do some crowd control. He knew things were heated. Too many coaches out there have the maturity level of a teenager when calls don't go there way. I hate to see innocent players being punished because of the one hot head, but apparently there are a lot of issues with this school and they have seemingly gone unaddressed by administrators. The coach needs the harshest punishment, no doubt.

We have to many officials (umps/refs) who are way out of line.  The ump in this video lost his cool and should be punished too.  I'm not justifying the punch, I'm laying partial blame for this on the ump who cussed parents and let his over inflated cop ego get in the way of doing his umpire duties.  If these officials (all officials) can't take criticism, they have chosen the wrong second job.  I saw a soccer ref ask an entire student section to leave the stadium because they pointed out calls that were obviously incorrect.  I think Bernard needs to have a talk with these officials too.

We saw part of a video that a Coalfield parent took....Listen to the parent that took the video explaining it to the news person, I think she had an agenda....I wonder if she had the whole thing on video?   I agree with you to an extent, that umps should be able to handle criticism during a game and after, but this went beyond criticism to the point that I think the ump felt threatened....you saw the amount of people surrounding him, fans, players, and coaches, and supposedly the ump was waiting on his partner who had been detained on the field by a coach.  Look where the wartburg coaches and players were, way out in centerfield, away from it all, looks like he had a good idea that something like this was about to happen.

WAY OUT OF LINE!! Coalfield should be ashamed, I don't care if the ump told a mom to shut-up or not. You don't throw a punch at someone for saying that.

At first I felt a little sorry for the rest of the team until I watched the news last night & one of the teammates from Coalfield said they would have done the same thing. WHAT??? Are you serious? That kid just cost your team the rest of your season, but you would have done the same thing? Some parents need to do a little better job raising their children. & some coaches need to set a better example for these young men.

• Upvote 1

WAY OUT OF LINE!! Coalfield should be ashamed, I don't care if the ump told a mom to shut-up or not. You don't throw a punch at someone for saying that.

At first I felt a little sorry for the rest of the team until I watched the news last night & one of the teammates from Coalfield said they would have done the same thing. WHAT??? Are you serious? That kid just cost your team the rest of your season, but you would have done the same thing? Some parents need to do a little better job raising their children. & some coaches need to set a better example for these young men.

And some refs/umps need to adjust their attitudes on the field.  I agree the player was out of line and should be punished.  My point is the ump is not as innocent in this matter as some people claim he is.  Some refs/umps are great, some have a major attitude problem and seem to look for confrontation.  This ump is telling parents to shut up and he'll throw their a$$'s in jail anytime at anyplace.  That was way out of line....all parties were out of line and the ump needs to be disciplined too.