AA top 10

knightsfan

What's up with "cheating magnet school" comment?

Good game with MHMS and Signal tonight. Hard fought, score doesn't tell the whole story. I'd say the young keeper for MHMS as a freshman who hasn't played since he was 3 played a fine game. Good test for him and he will only grow stronger and with this type of experience, he'll go far. Signal has some good players though dramatics should be removed from the contest. MHM Boys played with a lot of heart and came back to make a game of it. The coaches get great play from those fellows. Graduating 6 seniors, I believe, and 2 signed to play in college. Fun team to watch.

Contest Thursday will be a good test for Central magnet and Signal. They play a similar game. I think Signal may have some bigger,stronger guys but Central's midfield play is very strong. They both like to take a flop (what is going on this year) and slide tackle.

On a different note, the MHM coach has started a special needs soccer team for youth in middle Tennessee. Over for the spring, but other teams/schools should pitch in and spread the word- Soccer Stars in Hendersonville. Great guy, Coach Carr.

Shout Out to MHMS fans and parents and players.  Some of the parents came and hiked our beautiful campus and surrounding area since they got there early.  Their players never quit, and I did feel for their Freshman goalkeeper.  He played well and should "keep his pecker up"!  (That's UK slang for keeping your chin up!)  Game was hard fought but mostly clean.  I saw players from both teams helping each other up after collisions.  

As for flops and slide tackles, with all the European soccer available on cable now, I'm afraid its going to become part of the game.  Our refs need to adjust and card for flops!  

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shout Out to MHMS fans and parents and players.  Some of the parents came and hiked our beautiful campus and surrounding area since they got there early.  Their players never quit, and I did feel for their Freshman goalkeeper.  He played well and should "keep his pecker up"!  (That's UK slang for keeping your chin up!)  Game was hard fought but mostly clean.  I saw players from both teams helping each other up after collisions.  

As for flops and slide tackles, with all the European soccer available on cable now, I'm afraid its going to become part of the game.  Our refs need to adjust and card for flops!  

No doubt players learn from watching the pros. I agree, refs need to get a grip on the full game.  Just play the game boys!