Class A Eight for State (Prediction Time)

skydogg25

In regional order - Knox. Grace, North Greene, Boyd Buchanan, Goodpasture, Summertown, Community, McKenzie, Jackson Christian.

I pick Summertown & Goodpsture in the finals with Summertown to win it all.  They are stout for a single A team.  But Goodpsture is pretty dang good as well.  Haven't seen many single A public schools as loaded as Summertown ever.  

I really don't think it was an upset. The night before Jackson Co beat them 12-1.

The Tuesday game was never posted on Coach T so I was unaware of the first game.

I based my opinion on their season performance. Jackson Co lost to Trousdale Co, Gordonsville, and Red Boiling Springs. According to Coach T, Jackson Co had 4 wins in the regular season and Clarkrange had 21 wins in the regular season. More importantly Clarkrange was the number 1 seed in the district, so I guess it is actually 2 upsets.

In regional order - Knox. Grace, North Greene, Boyd Buchanan, Goodpasture, Summertown, Community, McKenzie, Jackson Christian.

I pick Summertown & Goodpsture in the finals with Summertown to win it all.  They are stout for a single A team.  But Goodpsture is pretty dang good as well.  Haven't seen many single A public schools as loaded as Summertown ever.  

I agree with your regional order. Just hope the state bracket isn't stacked to one side like last year.

True Summertown is loaded this season, and next season should be just as good! Probably will get thin after that.

Can't count 'em before they hatch though. A bad game from a top team with the current format can wreck a season. 

It would be ashame if the 2 truly best teams didn't face off whomever they are.

I agree with your regional order. Just hope the state bracket isn't stacked to one side like last year.

True Summertown is loaded this season, and next season should be just as good! Probably will get thin after that.

Can't count 'em before they hatch though. A bad game from a top team with the current format can wreck a season. 

It would be ashame if the 2 truly best teams didn't face off whomever they are.

I don't know why you thought last year was stacked to one side when IMO the top four teams got split which provided a great championship game. As far as this year, I think most of the state has annointed Goodpasture, Summertown, and Jackson Christian as the favorites and that might be true, but trust me there are some very high quality teams out there that will try and do their best to surprise these teams with their effort and play. Unless someone truly goes out and scouts every one of these top teams then its really hard for anyone to say who the best team is and I highly doubt someone has took that time and effort to really do that, so your right everyone might just want to play the games and see how this thing shakes out.

Final Coaches Poll

tbca.org

Class A

1. Goodpasture 31-6 (D8 R4)

2. Summertown 27-3 (D12 R6)

3. J.C.S. 30-7 (D15 R8)

4. North Greene 28-3 (D1 R1)

5. Boyd Buchanan 24-9 (D5 R3)

6. Nashville Christian 20-7 (D10 R5)

7. Peabody 21-7 (D14 R7)

8. Gibson County 22-6 (D14 R7)

9. Onieda 20-9 (D4 R2)

10. Community 20-15 (D9 R5)

Gibson Co. is playing good baseball right now. We are the new kids in 1A ball in the west and we have done quite well, 24-7 this year and coming off of a district 14A runner up to Trenton Peabody. We have played McKenzie twice this year and beaten them both times. I think we are the better team, but it all depends on who shows up, hits the ball, and doesn't make the errors. Our guys have been quite focused as of late beating Halls 1-0 in a loser go home with our freshman tossing a complete game shutout. This next week will be an interesting week for Gibson Co. baseball....

The Tuesday game was never posted on Coach T so I was unaware of the first game.

I based my opinion on their season performance. Jackson Co lost to Trousdale Co, Gordonsville, and Red Boiling Springs. According to Coach T, Jackson Co had 4 wins in the regular season and Clarkrange had 21 wins in the regular season. More importantly Clarkrange was the number 1 seed in the district, so I guess it is actually 2 upsets.

They also split in the regular season. 1 seed vs 2 seed, and obviously Jackson Co's schedule is not complete on here. Maybe Clarkrange played a little weaker teams and it came back to bite them a little. From what I have heard they are very young and should rule 7A the next couple years.

Gibson Co. is playing good baseball right now. We are the new kids in 1A ball in the west and we have done quite well, 24-7 this year and coming off of a district 14A runner up to Trenton Peabody. We have played McKenzie twice this year and beaten them both times. I think we are the better team, but it all depends on who shows up, hits the ball, and doesn't make the errors. Our guys have been quite focused as of late beating Halls 1-0 in a loser go home with our freshman tossing a complete game shutout. This next week will be an interesting week for Gibson Co. baseball....

I would say both of these teams are evenly matched.  It will come down to whomever plays solid defense.