8th graders

lovinbball

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumberland County has a loaded incoming Sophomore class, lots of guards and post players - 11-member strong class - won last year's district freshmen/sophomore tourney with a "all freshmen" team minus Destiny Carlton who played varsity only.  Incoming freshmen class is light in numbers, but good quality - several of the 8th grade CCHS side players decided to go to Stone Memorial for quicker playing time.  Next year will be another great year with Miller's niece Dishman, Eldridge, and Wilson (plays with Drew Maddox's team) plus others heading to CCHS - all playing at South Cumberland this year. 

Edited by Tenntwin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Proud of these two young ladies!  Tn flight silver players getting looks from the Lady Vols staff! 

Below is a snipet from  Inside Tennessee Sports:

As far as the Class of 2018, an early name to watch for Lady Vol fans is Bexley Wallace, a 6-3 post from Pickering, Ohio. The state of Tennesee continues to churn out talent: Brinae Alexander of Riverdale High School in Murfreesboro and Jordyn Cambridge, a point guard from the Ensworth School in Nashville, definitely are drawing the attention of the Lady Vols.

• 1 month later...

With all due respect to those young ladies, district 9A is far from the best... It's actually not good at all. There are only two future NCAA D1 players that are currently in High School in that district and they are Sarah Pierce from Community and Caitlyn Yost from Forrest. The bottom teams in that conference are absolutely awful.

Happened to read this again today. This is funny I know several kids getting recruited D1 not including Pierce and Yost. And with all due respect sir 9A is a great district full of talent. Please do the research

Happened to read this again today. This is funny I know several kids getting recruited D1 not including Pierce and Yost. And with all due respect sir 9A is a great district full of talent. Please do the research

I graduated from a district 9A school, and know all of those kids personally, no need to research.

In the grand scheme of girls basketball the district is not that good.

How many of them have D1 offers?

I'll wait......