Heritage 2014

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Hambone go to the same barber?

No he don't. I did hear from my source that the numbers were up and a bunch of the other sports kids like baseball were coming out and one of the coaches did say they had their best spring practice so far since all this rebuilding has taken place. I'm glad to hear positive news from out that way. 

No he don't. I did hear from my source that the numbers were up and a bunch of the other sports kids like baseball were coming out and one of the coaches did say they had their best spring practice so far since all this rebuilding has taken place. I'm glad to hear positive news from out that way.

That's awsome news! I'd love to see more completion in Blount County!

That's awsome news! I'd love to see more completion in Blount County!

I just hope heritage can get to a level where fans from maryville and Alcoa stop pitying us, and stop saying they hope we become more competive, and start saying they wish we would go back to being the county doormat.

• 1 month later...

Heritage did well at MC 7 on 7, however, the competition was not the strongest. Still, the kids gained some more confidence and numbers are really up this summer. One earlier post alluded to the previous coach doing a good job. I tend to disagree for the simple fact that coach Hammontree basically started from ground zero. The other coach put little to no emphasis on the freshman/JV and it has shown. Many times the freshmen would not even practice. HHSis on the rise and will be competitive with most this season. They are more athletic all around than they have been in several years. The staff has started with a plan and have not wavered from it. Bash away.

Heritage did well at MC 7 on 7, however, the competition was not the strongest. Still, the kids gained some more confidence and numbers are really up this summer. One earlier post alluded to the previous coach doing a good job. I tend to disagree for the simple fact that coach Hammontree basically started from ground zero. The other coach put little to no emphasis on the freshman/JV and it has shown. Many times the freshmen would not even practice. HHSis on the rise and will be competitive with most this season. They are more athletic all around than they have been in several years. The staff has started with a plan and have not wavered from it. Bash away.

Hammontree will have Heritage competitive one day.

I have known coach Hammontree for more than thirty years. He will demand the work ethic required to build the program back to respectability. Now, will they win a state championship? I can't say that, but they will not be a patsy for 8-9 teams on their schedule. The man has his kids believing they will turn it around sooner rather than later. That's not happened at Heritage in a while.

I'm glad to hear things are going well this summer. Heritage is definitely on the rise.

• 3 weeks later...