Memorial Day/ Thanking Our Vets

I know for alot of people, Memorial Day signals the start of summer, but it is home to a far more important thing and that is to honor our brave men and women who have gave countless sacrifices in not only the name of our American freedoms that we take for granted everyday, but for countless people and nations around the world. The cause of Liberty has never known a greater friend than the American Serviceman who have been to all corners of the globe to snuff out tyranny, even if the cause may not be clear.

I am proud to say that I have friends and family that have served. I hope you guys take time out of your day to thank every veteran, and not just today, but everyday. We will never know the countless sacrifices they have made. God Bless America

Edited by MidTennFootball

Memorial Day is a day that was originally designated to honor all of those who gave their lives in the Civil War.  Since then it has also been designated as a day to honor the memory of all who have lost their lives in miltary service to our country. 

While most of us are enjoying a day off and are spending time with family and friends at the lake, beach, or at home with a family cookout or other event, I hope that we will all take just a moment to reflect on those who are the reason for the day. 

And I am certainly not in any way ignorning those who are currently serving or have served - my own son is a CPT in the United States Army and a veteran of two tours in Afghanistan - but we have other days designated to honor those service men and women.  Today is a day to memorialze those who have given their lives. 

Edited by HTV