five class discussion

Indian

Then please explain.

Sorry, I had to log off for a while.  Olhickory has answered it I see.  To further clarify, the CTE school that's on campus is the vocational and technical school, which is like the one at Halls.  The alternative school is not the vocational and technical school.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say go to 5 classes with complete split of private schools into 2 classes. 1a up to 400. 2a 401 to 700. 3a 701 to 1000. 4a 1001 to 1400. 5a 1401 and up. Private schools classes be divided into schoolarship and non-schoolarship schools. Make districts around 7 schools. Top 3 teams make playoffs. That will cut out most of the 3-7 schools going to playoffs. I would also make a provision if you take out of county students for a tuition or fee, you bump up one class.

Can you make this happen for the 2014 season? I could see Westmoreland in the state championship this year with this scenario. Inside word during the winter of 2013 was a possible move of 2 teams to 2a in 2014 due to lack numbers in that class. It would have been Westmoreland and the other small 3a school. I don't know how far that went in being reality but it was talked about according to my sources.

Did or does AC really have anything for Fulton anyway?

And Alcoa does seek out player as does and good football team or school. They did mine, But a lot of others did too. It's a game that will be played at all schools.

Well they did pull off the "Maverick Miracle" in the 2001 playoffs and AC won the last meeting 28-13 in 2008.

But good point, Alcoa doesn't do anything differently than other public schools to get players. Yeah we're open zone, but that's not recruiting. We don't have to anyway with all the success we've had.

Can't really say " we don't recruit ". Every school seeks out plays and tries to talk a good game. It happens and will happen as long as a football game is played. Every school does. Alcoa Fulton AC and even AE. Remember picking team out in the back yard? Well it happens. Some say half the game is won in the weight room, another 25% is seeking out players and maybe 25% is play calling to meet with your on field talent. Everyone does it and everyone should. If you don't, it's a matter of time before the program starts to fall. And it is easier with a successful program. Good luck to all this season.

Can't really say " we don't recruit ". Every school seeks out plays and tries to talk a good game. It happens and will happen as long as a football game is played. Every school does. Alcoa Fulton AC and even AE. Remember picking team out in the back yard? Well it happens. Some say half the game is won in the weight room, another 25% is seeking out players and maybe 25% is play calling to meet with your on field talent. Everyone does it and everyone should. If you don't, it's a matter of time before the program starts to fall. And it is easier with a successful program. Good luck to all this season.

Best of luck Ktown!

Anderson county has 1021 students. The students at the alternate school are counted on the Achs enrollment numbers because the new school is in the process of getting a school number. Those students cannot participate in athletics at ACHS. It is against the board policy. AC athletic director went down and explained this to the TSSAA , and because it was built on the campus od AC, and because those student test scores count on AC the TSSAA decided to make AC count those kids even though they cannot participate in athletics. AC has a technical school on it's a campus as as well. They share it with Clinton high, who has their own school number so those kids are not counted that ride the bus from Clinton everyday. Hope this helps.

AC isn't being singled out here. Sullivan Central (smallest 5A school) is in a similar situation. Apparently there is a program on campus for county students with the greatest need for special services that added to their numbers. The numbers include students zoned for other high schools but they all count toward SC's enrollment. I think they protested too but had no luck. Too bad because they can't compete in 5A.

Edited by RebRaider85

Can you make this happen for the 2014 season? I could see Westmoreland in the state championship this year with this scenario. Inside word during the winter of 2013 was a possible move of 2 teams to 2a in 2014 due to lack numbers in that class. It would have been Westmoreland and the other small 3a school. I don't know how far that went in being reality but it was talked about according to my sources.

lol 2a would help Westmoreland but would still have to deal with Trousdale unlrss the choose to bumb up to 3a