New 32 team 6A Proposal

mjuhb

East Hamilton lost to Cleveland in the playoffs. A week later Cleveland was beaten for the 2nd time by Knox West. 1st game was kinda close. The playoff game was a blowout. Maryville beat that same Knox West team 42-20 in a game not as close as the final score. West scored only 1 offensive touchdown against Maryville's 1st string. Their 1st touchdown came off a blocked punt. Their last TD was scored on the last play of the game against Maryville backups. Of course comparitive scores dont matter.

Bradley played Maryville tough in the 1st half. 14-14 at the half. Maryville adjusted and got out to a 42-14 lead before their reserves took over. Bradley scored their last TD on Maryville reserves.

I learned a long time ago you can't use comparitive scores even though I used comparitive scores in the 1st paragraph. I remember 3rd round of the playoffs in 2006. Undefeated Red Bank vs Undefeated Maryville. Red Bank beat Brainerd 77-8 earlier that season. Maryville beat Brainerd 30-26 in the opening round of the playoffs. Stump Martin was on radio saying Maryville is in for a whipping. Everyone was saying look how much worse Red Bank beat Brainerd so Red Bank would whip Maryville. Maryville whips Red Bank 38-14.

Nice post RR. Here's a cupcake.

Oodywahhhh_zps3f7eaff2.jpg

Once again, the team that finished 5th (FIFTH) in district 5AAA played Maryville to within 21 points.  What part of that don't you understand?

You can call it fact all you want and kiss Maryville's butt, but that doesn't make what you are saying true.  I guarantee East Hamilton, Ooltewah and Cleveland could play with Maryville.  

You're the deluded one.  Your team went 2-8 with both your wins coming to teams that went 1-9.  How can you talk about any other team theoretically losing to Maryville when your team hasn't come close to a winning record in almost 10 years?  Seriously, get a grip.

It's all speculation and conjecture with you.  You keep popping off with your opinion when facts tell a completely different story.

So wrong.  You are taking one game and making an argument from it.  So the 5th best team in your district played Maryville to within 21?  Let me tell you that is because Maryville did not want to run up the score, had injuries, or whatever.  You claim Ooltewah or East Hamilton (leaving out Cleveland on purpose) could play with Maryville?  No.  Sorry.  So let me tell you about Dobyns Bennett in 2013.  DB (for short) was considered way, way down and gave East Hamilton and Ooltewah everything they wanted the entire game and actually should have won one of them.  That was DB on a bad year, playing Chattanooga teams away and almost won.  So in 2012 DB had one of their best teams in 10 years and Maryville won with ease.  Ooltewah and East Hamilton, if you struggle with a bad DB team at your house, you have ZERO chance of beating Maryville.  If you would like to bet me, I will take a 2nd mortgage out on my house.  No way in heck.  End of discussion.

So wrong.  You are taking one game and making an argument from it.  So the 5th best team in your district played Maryville to within 21?  Let me tell you that is because Maryville did not want to run up the score, had injuries, or whatever.  You claim Ooltewah or East Hamilton (leaving out Cleveland on purpose) could play with Maryville?  No.  Sorry.  So let me tell you about Dobyns Bennett in 2013.  DB (for short) was considered way, way down and gave East Hamilton and Ooltewah everything they wanted the entire game and actually should have won one of them.  That was DB on a bad year, playing Chattanooga teams away and almost won.  So in 2012 DB had one of their best teams in 10 years and Maryville won with ease.  Ooltewah and East Hamilton, if you struggle with a bad DB team at your house, you have ZERO chance of beating Maryville.  If you would like to bet me, I will take a 2nd mortgage out on my house.  No way in heck.  End of discussion.

DB didn't give East Hamilton "everything they wanted" the entire game.  East Hamilton physically dominated that game in every aspect.  Had touchdowns on offense, defense and special teams.  They never even had to get out of the I-Formation and squandered a couple scoring opportunities throughout the game.  And that was an East Hamilton team that was "down" from the year before.  You're looking through your rose colored glasses if you think East Hamilton struggled with DB in 2013.

East Hamilton scrimmaged Maryville AT Maryville last year and will scrimmage them again this year.  Last years scrimmage was pretty even.  Ask anyone that was there.  I respect Maryville, but to say no team even has a chance against them is short-sighted and extreme hubris.

No.  Sorry.  You're wrong.  End of discussion.

Edited by DougVick

DB didn't give East Hamilton "everything they wanted" the entire game.  East Hamilton physically dominated that game in every aspect.  Had touchdowns on offense, defense and special teams.  They never even had to get out of the I-Formation and squandered a couple scoring opportunities throughout the game.  And that was an East Hamilton team that was "down" from the year before.  You're looking through your rose colored glasses if you think East Hamilton struggled with DB in 2013.

East Hamilton scrimmaged Maryville AT Maryville last year and will scrimmage them again this year.  Last years scrimmage was pretty even.  Ask anyone that was there.  I respect Maryville, but to say no team even has a chance against them is short-sighted and extreme hubris.

Oh my god this is to easy. So you said East Hamilton dominated DB and blah blah blah.  Check your facts rookie.  Researched East Hamilton, I know DB and East Hamilton had at least their 2nd best team in years and got lucky to beat an awful DB team at home.  Here is the story.....your lies make you look very credit worthy.  Oh, before we get to stats, DB has beaten Maryville in a scrimmage and the same year been destroyed in a real game.  Once again DB dominated your bigger and more athletic East Hamilton team with smaller less athletic players that use fundamentals.

CHATTANOOGA – Dobyns-Bennett’s 34-game regular season winning streak is over courtesy of East Hamilton after the Hurricanes took advantage of four turnovers and 11 penalties to post a 33-21 win over the Indians on Hurricane Hill Friday night.

The Tribe outrushed East Hamilton, 258-72 and doubled the Hurricanes in total yardage, but four interceptions led to three scores that East Hamilton used for the victory.

“You just can’t turn the ball over four times,†said Dobyns-Bennett coach Graham Clark. “You can’t turn the ball over four time against a good team and East Hamilton is a good football team.â€

The Hurricanes just landed in Class AAA [5A playoffs] for this season after a Class 4A quarterfinal run and an 11-2 mark last season. East Hamilton featured a pre-season all-state threesome in tight end Bailey Lenoir, offensive lineman Cordell Sands and linebacker Austin Gatewood. That trio didn’t include Vanderbilt commit Tre Herndon, a physical presence with speed to burn at cornerback.

Still, the Indians, as they did last week against Farragut, scored on the game’s opening drive. Quarterback Josh Holt ran for 38 yards on 3rd-and-13 and capped the 53-yard march with a tough six-yard run to give D-B a 7-0 advantage.

Griffin Reagen picked off a Holt pass later in the quarter and East Hamilton quarterback and Central Arkansas commit Hunter Moore tossed a 17-yard strike to Tony Francois to tie the score.

The Indians were primed to score and Holt did so on a 4th down sneak, but the Tribe was flagged for an illegal formation, called for not having enough men on the line of scrimmage.

“We were in our heavy set with four guys on one side,†said Clark, who called time-out to discuss the penalty. “They [official] couldn’t count to four on that side.â€

After the penalty, the Indians field goal attempt was wide and East Hamilton went 80 yards on 11 plays with Matt Milita going the final three for a 14-7 lead.

The Indians’ most impressive drive of the night tied the score at 14. Starting at their own nine, Zach Casey went 15 yards and Josh Holt rambled 22 more. Holt then ran for six and 13 before Casey burst 30 yards for the score.

However, the ensuing kick-off found its way to Herndon at the five and in a flash, the senior had raced 95 yards to put the ‘Canes up at the half, 21-14.

“Last place we were supposed to kick it was to him [Herndon], but we did,†lamented Clark.

Dobyns-Bennett once again knotted the score late in the third when Blake Rodgers powered in from eight yards out to cap a 63-yard drive.

Really looks physically dominating doesn't it DougVick.  Actually, I was there and I wondered how a team that had gigantic more athletic players was able to lose the rushing game to a smaller slower team.  I mean East Hamilton benefited from 4 turnovers and thats all you could win by at home?  And at leafs 1 maybe 2 scores were break away punt or kickoff returns.  Yes the smaller DB team doubled your RUSHING YARDS and had more penalties as well.  Several of the penalties were of the Chattanooga bullcrap brand.  I like your attitude about beating Maryville, but you are so far off.  

So you take off your rose colored glasses and realize East Hamilton was luck to win that game.  So using fact over fiction........game over dude......Next

Oh wait, maybe you need something from your local paper....

Here it is

EHHS

DB

FIRST DOWN

RUSHES / YARDS (NET)

26/75

45/238

PASSING YARDS (NET)

Passes Att/Comp/Int

16/6/0

14/7/4

TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS/YARDS

42 / 162

59 / 309

Again, total domination by your East Hamilton team.  This effort would translate to about a 52 - 7 loss at home for you versus Maryville.  Your scrimmage report is "cute" though.  I used to think DB's scrimmage wins against Maryville meant something, until I met the real world.   

Oh my god this is to easy. So you said East Hamilton dominated DB and blah blah blah.  Check your facts rookie.  Researched East Hamilton, I know DB and East Hamilton had at least their 2nd best team in years and got lucky to beat an awful DB team at home.  Here is the story.....your lies make you look very credit worthy.  Oh, before we get to stats, DB has beaten Maryville in a scrimmage and the same year been destroyed in a real game.  Once again DB dominated your bigger and more athletic East Hamilton team with smaller less athletic players that use fundamentals.

I know the facts.  I was at the game.  East Hamilton was only in its 5th year of existence in 2013.  So your "2nd best team in years" comment isn't exactly telling the whole story.  That was the 2nd best East Hamilton team in as many years.  You act like it took an all-star team to beat you.  In reality, EH was a former 4A school in its 5th year of existence that was down from the year before.

Got lucky?  How?  DB gave up TD's on special teams, defense and offense?  What was lucky about scoring in every phase of the game?

You're talking about an East Hamilton team that didn't rush the ball well all year.  And all DB did was run.  DB ran the ball 45 times to EH's 26! Your DB homer news article doesn't tell the story.

So DB "dominated", yet was beaten on offense, defense and special teams?  And ended up being beaten 33-21.

Explain that logic again... 

Edited by DougVick

Really looks physically dominating doesn't it DougVick.  Actually, I was there and I wondered how a team that had gigantic more athletic players was able to lose the rushing game to a smaller slower team.  I mean East Hamilton benefited from 4 turnovers and thats all you could win by at home?  And at leafs 1 maybe 2 scores were break away punt or kickoff returns.  Yes the smaller DB team doubled your RUSHING YARDS and had more penalties as well.  Several of the penalties were of the Chattanooga bullcrap brand.  I like your attitude about beating Maryville, but you are so far off.  

So you take off your rose colored glasses and realize East Hamilton was luck to win that game.  So using fact over fiction........game over dude......Next

It was physically dominating.  Touchdowns in every phase of the game.  That's dominating.  

Gigantic?  EH's right tackle played WR a year ago.  They are big, but "gigantic"?  Your DE #3 was as big as anyone on EH's defense. Sensebaugh was as big as anyone on EH's team.  I guess making DB sound like the smallest, least athletic team ever gives you an excuse to have gone 6-5, right?  

Who cares if you win the rushing game?  You were dominated in every other aspect.  Why didn't you score more points?  DB benefitted from a dropped TD by EH right before the half.  

BTW, EH had 7 penalties for 55 yards.  DB had 10 for 61 yards.  That's pretty even officiating if you ask me, whiner.

Congrats about your rushing yards.  Why didn't you score?  Where was your defense?  Special teams?  What about your passing game?

Sounds like sour grapes to me, BUD.  Lucky my @$$.  DB was beaten soundly and you know it.  Blame the refs all you want.  Act like rushing stats mean something.  You threw 4 INT's and had a kickoff run back on you, yet you act like it was some kind of fluke. 

Like I said before: No.  Sorry.  You're wrong.  End of discussion. Game over, dude.  Next.

Edited by DougVick

Again, total domination by your East Hamilton team.  This effort would translate to about a 52 - 7 loss at home for you versus Maryville.  Your scrimmage report is "cute" though.  I used to think DB's scrimmage wins against Maryville meant something, until I met the real world.   

2 Rushing TD's, 1 Passing TD, 1 INT return for TD (4 total INT's), 1 KO return for TD, BUD.  Again, total domination. You're just talking out of your backside.

I never said a word about the scrimmages meaning something.  All I said is they were pretty even. I haven't said a word about beating Maryville.  All I've ever said is I feel that East Hamilton could play with them and, at least, have a chance.

I've never seen more unadulterated butt kissing in all my life.  Do you people owe Maryville money?  I respect Maryville.  EH is lucky to get to scrimmage them and got a lot out of the scrimmage last year.  Maryville is good every year and is the best program in the state of Tennessee, but I've never seen a team that had more support from fans of other teams.  It's mind boggling to watch fans of other schools come to Maryville's defense before Maryville fans do.  

Edited by DougVick