New players at CPA

Hater247

Am I hearing crickets again...chirp, chirp, chirp...

No problem, I am used to that response to my questions.  Got the same when I asked name another successful coach and program who has multiple transfers show up each year simply to play for the coach with no extra inducements or incentives.  Got the same when I said simply list the teams CPA has beaten teams with as much/more talent.  

CPA is more suspect this year because there is not as much talent.  But a  player like Blackwell is worth 20-25 wins on his own, especially in Middle TN.  

You keep scaring them off with the truth. Some people can't handle it.

Heard Hubie reached out, wants to play, Drew declined, has too many teams wanting to play to fit BA into the schedule. 

Why play the school down the street when you can play NXT LVL teams.  He's trying to play at a national level, not a high school level...

Here is one reporters view. Nice to see a good report on both schools.

http://williamsonsource.com/extra-points-game-ball-cpa-giles-co-fans/

That's the football team.  Totally different coaching styles.  Ingle proves that there are enough good athletes to field teams at CPA, no need to go to murfreesboro, greenbrier, MBA, IOWA etc to find your hot shots.

Looks like there is a coach out there that has all the answers needed to beat CPA....except he has no team.

Welcome back Dad1.  Appreciate you keeping your word.

DAD1, on 25 Mar 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:snapback.png

Well it's been a long season and time to move on. I'm glad I reserved a final entry and since my connection to CPA basketball is graduating I will probably never even visit this board again

Edited by rulefollower

There are 2 kinds of people: 1. Those that tear people, things and society down and 2) Those that build people, things, and society up. The great thing is that we all get to choose which kind we will be.

There are more than 2 kinds of people, too simplistic of a view to deal with the more complex issues.  And I know you forgot at least a 3rd group in your paradigm, the kind that move back and forth between the two, which I have seen you do many a time.  The sad part about those in group 3 is how easy it is for them to deceive themselves thinking they are a member of group 1. 

As far as the actual idea presented, by your response, does that mean you are a proponent if you can point to enough good you don't have to deal with the bad/the not so good?  And if you point out the bad you are in group 2?  Good luck finding any Scriptural support for that approach. 

Sorry kbrks.....forgot this is your private domain  for showing everyone how smart and knowledgeable you are. I have observed it would be easier for you to just cut and paste from yesteryear.

As ususal you can't debate the idea or thought presented, but go straight to making it personal.  IMO, better to demonstrate knowledge and being smart about the subject matter than what you are willing to demonstrate about yourself, but to each his own.  Welcome back BW.

Edited by kbrks

Welcome back Dad1.  Appreciate you keeping your word.

DAD1, on 25 Mar 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:snapback.png

Well it's been a long season and time to move on. I'm glad I reserved a final entry and since my connection to CPA basketball is graduating I will probably never even visit this board again

At least after making other similar, but more firm commitments, he learned to use the word "probably" this time.  Course with all the previous attempts, by this time, does it really matter?  :rolleyes:

Edited by kbrks

You keep scaring them off with the truth. Some people can't handle it.

For sure

That's the football team.  Totally different coaching styles.  Ingle proves that there are enough good athletes to field teams at CPA, no need to go to murfreesboro, greenbrier, MBA, IOWA etc to find your hot shots.

Agree

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." T. Roosevelt

Haha, now isn't that typical, ask for Scriptural support and get Teddy Roosevelt (out of context to boot) from a guy who self-admits he has never been "in the arena" at the coaching level he loves to post about.  More comic relief, but always good to start the day with a hearty, belly laugh. 

BTW, the Scriptures support speaking truth, debating, expressing disagreement and confronting issues that deal with injustice, unfairness, testimony, etc. are worthy causes.  Those like you continue to confuse supporting a belief or opinion with the facts and label it as "tearing down."  If that makes it easier for you to dismiss the real issues, knock yourself out.