New players at CPA

Hater247

It is not surprising that a man so bitter and blind can not see the connection. If you think making mommas cry over the pain they feel from the false things you write on this site about their teenage sons is Biblical or supported by scripture, then you really are nuts. But that should not surprise anyone who knows the revenge you are trying to obtain with your posts. It is just sad that after all these years, that you are still going after the coach that replaced you. Your hands and heart are not clean.

It is not surprising that a man so bitter and blind can not see the connection. If you think making mommas cry over the pain they feel from the false things you write on this site about their teenage sons is Biblical or supported by scripture, then you really are nuts. But that should not surprise anyone who knows the revenge you are trying to obtain with your posts. It is just sad that after all these years, that you are still going after the coach that replaced you. Your hands and heart are not clean.

I'm just curious. I know there are some hard feelings that seem to go back and fourth between several of you and Brooks. I don't really want to hear from the Coach but all of you CPA supporters that have a chip on your shoulder, why was he replaced? Was there something more than they wanted to give Maddux the job?

Edited by Hater247

That is my problem with you coachrus, you post in the same way and spirit you condemn in others.  You have no problem attacking me year after year, judging or should I say misjudging my motives and the example(s) you use are general (e.g. "mommas cry...over false things you say,") which totally contradicts what you say others should stay away from.  And I am the one who is blind?  You seem to forget, their are 2 sides to every story.  Amazing, how you choose to look at only one - a mama said it with tears so it must be true.  I look at both and I will say once again, emphatically, I have never written anything false on this site.  You and some others would be a lot better off looking at your own hearts and hands than worried about mine, since all that leads to is hypocrisy.  

Not going after the coach who replaced me in the least.  I am fundamentally in disagreement with how the program has been developed and resist the ideas that others present, particularly that the success is not based on superior talent predicated on multiple transfers.  Doesn't matter where it would happen at the HS level, I would be against it.  No different than me being fundamentally opposed at the college level on how UK has decided to operate.  Not personal with me, but it certainly appears to be personal with you. 

I'm just curious. I know there are some hard feelings that seem to go back and fourth between several of you and Brooks. I don't really want to hear from the Coach but all of you CPA supporters that have a chip on your shoulder, why was he replaced? Was there something more than they wanted to give Maddux the job?

You see how they post, not one of them could provide an accurate, honest or intelligent description.  Even though they make it what it is all about with me, it really is far in the past, water way under the bridge.  I can assure you, as I have said in the past, I have nothing to hide and do not have a problem what is posted about me or my situation as long as it is accurate and honest.  When not, I am more than willing to set the record straight.  And all that means is areas will be revealed about CPA they would rather not be revealed, yet make me the bad guy for revealing them.  Again, facts are stubborn that way.  

Odd name : Hater247. I was not involved at CPA when Coach Brooks was there. But I am so thankful that he was gone during  the time my son was there. I think it is totally inappropriate from him to get on CoachT and make disparaging comments about the Coach that replaced him, about the school that let him go, about middle school and high school students and their families. He gets on here and does everything he can to demean anyone associated with the CPA boys' basketball team, and then tries to use the Bible to back up his hate.  Just look at the last few posts. I copy a link about a very positive story that a reporter wrote (that included a positive comment about Drew Maddux). You would think we could all just acknowledge what a positive story that was. But he can't stand that and has to try to counter any positive reference to Coach Maddux. The truth is that I have had dinner with parents of CPA high school kids who have been very upset to the point of uncontrollable tears about the things he has written about their kids. He has no shame. It is all a game to him to get some kind of revenge against the school that let him go. How he damages other people in the process is of no concern to him. 

...Just look at the last few posts. I copy a link about a very positive story that a reporter wrote (that included a positive comment about Drew Maddux). You would think we could all just acknowledge what a positive story that was. But he can't stand that... 

Please, look at the last few posts.  Understand how a public forum works (and the key word is public).  If you post a view you open yourself up for anyone to post a dissenting view no matter what the topic.  This includes whether you think a coach is great or not or what a team's success is based on.  Has nothing to do with "can't stand that."  I acknowledged good things happen, but there are other related issues especially in the scope of this thread which you do not seem to grasp. 

In life according to coachrus, there are only 2 kinds of people in this world.  It is obvious in your comments about me and others I have seen you attack over the years, you are not in group #1.  You have a lot of work you can do on yourself before you are concerned about what group you place others in. Am I surprised you can't live within you own stated value system?  Of course not, since you are so willing to live within your system of double standards.  Keep hiding behind your screen name, demonstrating your inconsistencies, since we all have choices, right?

Riddle me this?  How can a person post a general story, give no names, no real context, yet call it truth because it is his source and his experience (e.g. dinner with parents, moms in tears), but when someone else does basically the same, and even provides more context and more detail based on his sources and his experience is simply speaking lies, making false statements, spreading rumor and hearsay.  Simple answer, it is possible in the world view and life of coachrus.  You should stop posting coachrus, you are not doing CPA any favors in demonstrating an element that is part of that community, those who lack tolerance for anyone questioning or having a different view point than yours.         

Riddle me this?  How can a person post a general story, give no names, no real context, yet call it truth because it is his source and his experience (e.g. dinner with parents, moms in tears), but when someone else does basically the same, and even provides more context and more detail based on his sources and his experience is simply speaking lies, making false statements, spreading rumor and hearsay.  Simple answer, it is possible in the world view and life of coachrus.  You should stop posting coachrus, you are not doing CPA any favors in demonstrating an element that is part of that community, those who lack tolerance for anyone questioning or having a different view point than yours.         

That's just it, so many from CPA are unwilling to see another side to anything.  I'm guessing coachrus has never had to approach any member of administration about an issue, that one of them disagreed with...yet I digress. 

And allow me to be sexist for one moment, but I have a hard time picturing any of the CPA mamas reading this board.  However, that also begs the question, what about the mama's whose sons have NO chance to play basketball, because of all the recruits DM has brought in over the years?

the CPA faithful simply refuse to see the difference in which the sport of basketball operates differently than other sports at the school.

• For starters-look at the "about the coach" sections on the website for each sport--if there is one, it's a paragraph. But Drew's is 5 pages long.  Then there is the twitter feed.  The non-stop hype of the college coaches visiting, player rankings, etc.  Don't see that with Ingle Martin for sure.

• All sports offer a summer camp for CPA students.  Basketball offers a Nike elite camp for players outside of the CPA community. 

• Football, for example, offers summer workouts and scrimmages, with CPA students, coached by CPA dads and overseen by Varsity coaches.

• Basketball offers spring/summer teams that are only made up of approx. half CPA students coached by Couey, a CPA coach.  Then there are the "elite" fall camps, and league which, by "invite", again, do not intend to develop CPA students, but CPA coaches are investing lots of hours in players from outside the school.

Perhaps "Sportsnerd" could run some numbers for us, and explain the number of D1 scholarship athletes, Mr. Basketball Finalists, etc. the basketball team has had, over say the past 5-6 years,  and explain how that adds up statistically for a school the size of CPA? 

I think a review of the ethics and the responsibilities of a teacher and coach is in order.

According to the Tennessee Teacher Code of Ethics we learn the following:

1. An educator accepts the responsibility to adhere to the highest ethical standards 

2. The desire for the respect and confidence of one's colleagues, of students, of parents and of the members of the community provides the incentive to attain and maintain the highest possible degree of ethical conduct.

3. An educator has the OBLIGATION to not intentionally expose the student to embarrassment or disparagement.

In my profession, my ethics and professional responsibilities to my past clients and employers continues past the point of time where I am employed or no longer am in service to the client or the employer.   Since the Tennessee Teacher Code of Ethics says that the educator should ahere to the HIGHEST ETHICAL STANDARDS, we therefore know that an educator's ethics must therefore extend beyond a current employer to a former employer as well. After all the educators' ethical standards are stated to be the categorized as the "highest". 

We also know that Coach Brooks has intentionally in public exposed students to embarrassment or disparagement by publicly speculating on a student's grades and on a parent's financial situation. He even couched these discussions with the phrase, "Inquiring minds want to know". A phrase which clearly demonstrates his intent to participate in gossip and disparagement about a student. A discussion which caused the student great embarrassment at his school and great embarrassment in the community. Furthermore, the gossip was found to be without merit and false and damaged the student's reputation.

There is no other conclusion to reach but that Coach Brooks has clearly violated the Tennessee Teacher Code of Ethics and has acted in an unprofessional manner.

I called the TSSAA recently to discuss whether they had a public Coaches Code of Ethics. The employee at the TSSAA said that they do not but even so there are clear cases where a Coach can violated their ethical and professional responsibilities although they can not enforce penalty on such violations. I specifically asked the TSSAA employee if a former coach at an institution disparages his former institution and disparages the coach that replaces him if that was an ethics violation. He affirmed this and said that the TSSAA can not police this ethical violation but the behavior is most certainly "unprofessional".

So there you have it. Coach Brooks has acted unethically and unprofessionally. 

Edited by coachrus