New players at CPA

Hater247

I couldn't care less if CPA basketball and Maddux come, stay, lay or pray.  Don't care in the least and never will.  If fans and haters alike want to unload on both, then go right ahead.  That's your right to speak your opinion.

What I do find sub-human is grown men who are personally miffed getting on a public board and crying over what happened 10 years ago.  Real men let go, get over it and move on with life.  Brooks displays psychotic tendencies by the way he's conducted himself here and elsewhere. Would you want him around your kid all day? 

Does anyone wonder why he hasn't coached at all since he was fired at CPA?  Could part of it be for reasons you see here?  What kind of man acts like this?  He says he's here "to set the record straight".  For 10 years??  No, his problem is that he can't get over the fact that he failed in his life and got fired.  Instead of getting up, correcting his mistakes and making himself a better man like most of us would, he wallows in his own vomit and drags others down with him.  He's the kind of person you hope your kids don't grow up to be like.

And then there are active elders of "The Church" who openly engage in scriptural hypocrisy (Matthew 7:21-23).  Who would risk their eternal soul over basketball??  If it's that important, take your kid to Lipscomb or Franklin HS where they put no emphasis on talent or coaching and where the cheerleaders lead the team in rebounding. 

Actually ICM, You are exactly the type of person I wouldn't want my kids to grow up and be like. You are bothered by kbrks and his posts that you and other CPAers feel are personal attacks motivated by revenge and that can be construed as hurtful to kids and their families. However, you don't seem to have a problem attacking others(kbrks) and other programs such as Franklin and Lipscomb. I am not privy to the specific situation at those schools, but I doubt if they have multiple transfers(who just happen to be outstanding, nationally ranked players) coming in every year. Many of the players and coaches at those schools work just as hard as many of the players and coaches at CPA, but lack the talent that Coach Maddux and CPA are able to "acquire." I don't feel like digging through past posts on here, but I know for a fact that you have made condescending and boastful posts on numerous occasions that were directed at more than one poster and even went so far as to challenge someone to meet you at half court during a CPA game(internet tough guy). You epitomize arrogance and hypocrisy and are a perfect representative of all the things about CPA that annoy high school basketball fans throughout this state.

I couldn't care less if CPA basketball and Maddux come, stay, lay or pray.  Don't care in the least and never will.  If fans and haters alike want to unload on both, then go right ahead.  That's your right to speak your opinion.

What I do find sub-human is grown men who are personally miffed getting on a public board and crying over what happened 10 years ago.  Real men let go, get over it and move on with life.  Brooks displays psychotic tendencies by the way he's conducted himself here and elsewhere. Would you want him around your kid all day? 

Does anyone wonder why he hasn't coached at all since he was fired at CPA?  Could part of it be for reasons you see here?  What kind of man acts like this?  He says he's here "to set the record straight".  For 10 years??  No, his problem is that he can't get over the fact that he failed in his life and got fired.  Instead of getting up, correcting his mistakes and making himself a better man like most of us would, he wallows in his own vomit and drags others down with him.  He's the kind of person you hope your kids don't grow up to be like.

And then there are active elders of "The Church" who openly engage in scriptural hypocrisy (Matthew 7:21-23).  Who would risk their eternal soul over basketball??  If it's that important, take your kid to Lipscomb or Franklin HS where they put no emphasis on talent or coaching and where the cheerleaders lead the team in rebounding. 

So thankful that you have cleared up my destiny for me.  Like I said earlier, find me Sunday.  I'd love to take you out for lunch, and discuss this as adults. 

Actually ICM, You are exactly the type of person I wouldn't want my kids to grow up and be like. You are bothered by kbrks and his posts that you and other CPAers feel are personal attacks motivated by revenge and that can be construed as hurtful to kids and their families. However, you don't seem to have a problem attacking others(kbrks) and other programs such as Franklin and Lipscomb. I am not privy to the specific situation at those schools, but I doubt if they have multiple transfers(who just happen to be outstanding, nationally ranked players) coming in every year. Many of the players and coaches at those schools work just as hard as many of the players and coaches at CPA, but lack the talent that Coach Maddux and CPA are able to "acquire." I don't feel like digging through past posts on here, but I know for a fact that you have made condescending and boastful posts on numerous occasions that were directed at more than one poster and even went so far as to challenge someone to meet you at half court during a CPA game(internet tough guy). You epitomize arrogance and hypocrisy and are a perfect representative of all the things about CPA that annoy high school basketball fans throughout this state.

Who cares what you think.  You would befriend anyone who shares your hateful and costic views on HS basketball and people in general.  That means you have no principles.  But at least you know how to run the shell drill.  Be gone troll.

Edited by IceCreamMan

Who cares what you think. You would befriend anyone who shares your hateful and costic views on HS basketball and people in general. That means you have no principles. But at least you know how to run the shell drill. Be gone troll.

Actually, I love high school sports in general and basketball in particular and only post on this topic bc I do have a few principles. You show your true colors every time you post-just another arrogant, loudmouth hypocrite who knows far less than he thinks. Keep tearing up that YMCA rec league and beating your chest. Edited by mumbletypeg

Somebody has made reference in the past that CPA stays in Division 1 to spread their mission. How is that mission working out? Didn't the kid from southside say last year that he knows that everyone hates CPA. A kid from the other side of the state! Apparently the entire state has the same perspective about the CPA. They do anything they can to get players and beat up on the public schools! Lipscomb wont even play them now that they are no longer in the same district. Funny they dont want to play several of the D2 schools or they dont want to play CPA.

Supporters get on here and bash those whoe speak the truth! What kind of mission statement is that! CPA used to be a highly respected school! It's not the same now. All because of one Coach!

...That's your right to speak your opinion.

...personally miffed getting on a public board

...what happened 10 years ago.  

1.  I do have an opinion so I am good there

2.  Not personally miffed so I am good there

3.  Didn't happen 10 years ago, happened a little over 8 years ago so I am good there

Whew, so I can still post, what a relief.  IMO opinion those who should be the most concerned are those who do not allow reasonable, possible explanations when all the facts are not available (and go as far to judge a person's motives) dissuade their opinion. Or when facts and truth do become available that does not dissuade their opinion either.  Course that is nothing new, not even Jesus could convince everyone of the truth and the most difficult group were those who said they believed in God.  

• Upvote 1

Somebody has made reference in the past that CPA stays in Division 1 to spread their mission. How is that mission working out? Didn't the kid from southside say last year that he knows that everyone hates CPA. A kid from the other side of the state! Apparently the entire state has the same perspective about the CPA. They do anything they can to get players and beat up on the public schools! Lipscomb wont even play them now that they are no longer in the same district. Funny they dont want to play several of the D2 schools or they dont want to play CPA.

Supporters get on here and bash those whoe speak the truth! What kind of mission statement is that! CPA used to be a highly respected school! It's not the same now. All because of one Coach!

You, mumbletypeg, rulefollower, big chief and others understand the problem, the lack of testimony that has been created.  Obviously certain supporters have no clue in understanding or even wanting to understand.

When CPA was still in 10AA in one of their district meetings, it was reported the subject came up, got a little testy and one of the CPA representatives said something to the effect, "What do you expect, for us to turn down good athletes that show up at our door?"  Course that shows a lack of understanding of the problem created, but in all reality the answer is yes, in essence if you really understood the problem and the importance of testimony that is exactly what very well may need to be done no matter how bizarre it sounds.

Why, because CPA created the problem (not Coach Brooks) and needs to take appropriate measures to correct it, such is the nature of testimony.  True Christianity includes radical thinking in order to protect testimony.  Course supporters justify it by saying it only happens because people are jealous of the success.  What a limited and wrong view which only demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of what it means to maintain testimony though they are not ready to admit it.

You can always tell because they can't debate the topic, they have no other choice but to turn it into personal attack and name calling.  Clear "tells" and if they played poker, they couldn't win in that either.  As Paul says "Have I become your enemy because I tell you the truth?"  And the sad answer is yes.    

Who cares what you think.  You would befriend anyone who shares your hateful and costic views on HS basketball and people in general.  That means you have no principles.  But at least you know how to run the shell drill.  Be gone troll.

Touche. Pot calling the kettle black. You are what you apparently despise.

I'm not a CPA basketball supporter.  Never been to one game.  Don't care for the coach and I do agree that there is at least a severe problem of perceptions even if no rules have been broken.  That problem of perception has been publicly ignored by the administration instead of being addressed.  There are many CPA parents who detest the basketball program and don't support it just like me.  So, don't think this is a deep rooted people problem at the school.  Everyone is well aware of it.

Having said that, my problem here is with a former coach who was fired and a decade later still persists on a public forum.  A true man would better himself and move on.  Truthfully, if you didn't agree with his point of view about one coach at CPA, would you still agree with his methods?  The incecent whining and complaining wouldn't be tollerated if so many people didn't hate CPA because of the basketball program.

Just keep telling yourself that.  This is about people like you and Brooks who aren't man enough to do anything but whine.  A Goodpasture supporter has a lot of nerve.  The original creators of HS basketball recruiting with Mercer, Maddux, Howard then drop to to 1A.  Now thats a mission failed.

Reading through this thread, I am appalled that this atmosphere of hatred and angst exists at CPA.  Though my wife and I chose, years ago, to send our kids to a different private, I always held good feelings about CPA; those feelings were bolstered by friends who had kids there. Those good feelings have changed, and if you think it is from people like Coach Brooks posting on this board, you should probably look in the mirror.  If you are representative of the "modern breed" of CPA supporters, it will likely not be long until the basketball players are the only students at the school.