2014 Class 4A Coaches Poll

AllRegion

It's a 4 horse race in East Tennessee. Fulton,Catholic, South and Greeneville. Betsy is good but not as strong as the other four. Talking with friends from each school here is what is behind said.

Fulton- Excellent skill people, once again very quick on both sides of ball, worried about OL and DL, no way as good as last year, very well coached

Catholic- have some excellent skill people, very disciplined and well coached. Have two very tough early games.

South- awesome QB and their skill people are very good, worried about OL and DL not very physical, can't have injuries, other than Betsy very weak schedule.

Greeneville- biggest OL in history of school, return 8 people who started at various times on defense, well coached and very physical. Big worry at QB and who will step up at RB

Very Good Doc - agree with almost all that you posted ... being a Fulton Fan .. have a little different opinion .. I think defensively Falcons will be good and may be even better than last year. I watched Fulton play alot of games last year ..on defense they played 11 new 2nd team players on defense in the 1st Qtr and 1st half  of alot of games .. they may be better at LB and they have a couple DB's to replace what they lost .. they play 3-4 and return 2 of the 3 front guys and have some good prospects to play that other DE .. now OL is where they really took a hit .. what they can accomplish there may be the key to whole season ... offensively wont have the big hitters like last year although they have some kids who are close to being what they had last year ... pretty close ... alot of play makers on offense .. getting the ball to the right guys from the new QB will be key .. new QB is a heady kid ..not a running threat but if he can just manage the offense then they have the guys at WR and RB to be effective .. will have to have more consistent drives this year.

ON Sullivan South - they are very impressive and when Rollins went out with injury in 1st Qtr last year it took alot out of Falcons .. and it took some big plays from Fultons WR to get them past them. So they will be a team to contend with for sure.

Catholic will be very good IMO ... they will be well coached and have alot of very good players .. some kids from other areas that are very good and have alot returning.

Greeneville while big was not very physical ... Fulton pushed them around pretty easy . so will have to see if those guys get any more physical before I think they will contend ..they will be good and then will see what they have come playoffs .. but I would say that they will be good again. They lost some good players like the Falcons .. but Fulton handled them pretty easy even without one of their big play guys in Rollins- Davis .

IMO opinion  .. this will be a battle this year .. no team stands head and shoulders above the other ..       

I my self a graduate from south but scince 5years of age i bleed maroon and gray .. but when it comes to bleeding baby blue i still do at times.. i think south will possibly be there aswell .. an injjury free season and they wil be there. fulton game last year rebels were so impresive and after tthat game south gained respect everywhere including fulton.. so i will be there at every game i can be at just like last year.. its never to early to predict thats what this site is for and south fans you are correct "the south rebels could be in cookeville in 2014 " so to all that dont know much about the rebels , their for real

Edited by kingindian33

I my self a graduate from south but scince 5years of age i bleed maroon and gray .. but when it comes to bleeding baby blue i still do at times.. i think south will possibly be there aswell .. an injjury free season and they wil be there. fulton game last year rebels were so impresive and after tthat game south gained respect everywhere including fulton.. so i will be there at every game i can be at just like last year.. its never to early to predict thats what this site is for and south fans you are correct "the south rebels could be in cookeville in 2014 " so to all that dont know much about the rebels , their for real

I was impressed with SS last year .. If my Fulton Falcons cant get there then I will pull for SS .. looked like they had a bunch of good kids ... just need to keep the domination in the EAST at cookeville 

Greenville, South, Fulton,Catholic will all be in the mix on east side of 4a. But mark my words, LA Livingstone Acd will be a player in 4a and might upset one of these 4 in playoffs. LA always has a big OL and DL. They have 2 wr that are 6'3. 210 Hollars (Murphy Fair d-1a prospect) and 6'5 220 Eldridge (Murphy Fair d-1aa prospect) and both could be all state. Hollars was injured all of 2013. Linder at running back 5'11,200 4.48 speed. Linder also was out all of 2013. TE/DE Blodge 6'2 220 is a good ball player along with LB Flatt 5'11 215. In the line they have returning starters Long 6-0 260,Masters 6'1 235,Ramsey 6'2 235,Parrish 6'1 260,and McDonald 6'1 265. They return 18 of 22 starters from 2013 plus two that were out.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Greenville, South, Fulton,Catholic will all be in the mix on east side of 4a. But mark my words, LA Livingstone Acd will be a player in 4a and might upset one of these 4 in playoffs. LA always has a big OL and DL. They have 2 wr that are 6'3. 210 Hollars (Murphy Fair d-1a prospect) and 6'5 220 Eldridge (Murphy Fair d-1aa prospect) and both could be all state. Hollars was injured all of 2013. Linder at running back 5'11,200 4.48 speed. Linder also was out all of 2013. TE/DE Blodge 6'2 220 is a good ball player along with LB Flatt 5'11 215. In the line they have returning starters Long 6-0 260,Masters 6'1 235,Ramsey 6'2 235,Parrish 6'1 260,and McDonald 6'1 265. They return 18 of 22 starters from 2013 plus two that were out.

Looks like they got some stout boys ... but can they handle teams with speed ???  ...  watched them play a few times against Fulton and they couldnt handle Fulton's speed ....    

And I think Fulton is 6-0 or so against LA and seems like each year speed is the difference. 

would have to be 5-1, LA won state playing out of that Knoxville District back in 2005. But I agree, speed is not the strong point of LA. Having RB/DB Linder back after a year off will help in the speed department.

Wrong Fulton beat that State Championship team that year ... 

My bad, LA lost to Fulton in 2005 in regular season. Then beat Knx Carter, Austin East, Knx Catholic, Cha Notre Dame, and David Lipscomb to win state.

I went to that game ..was very good game ... 18-13 was score I think .. the QB for LA was very good ..went on to play at a Military school I think ... LA that year was the best open field tackling team I think I ever saw ... the DB's would wrap up both legs and tackle the runner.    

I went to that game ..was very good game ... 18-13 was score I think .. the QB for LA was very good ..went on to play at a Military school I think ... LA that year was the best open field tackling team I think I ever saw ... the DB's would wrap up both legs and tackle the runner.

He went on to play corner back at Dartmoth. Wilson Cates was his name. Had very good balance and quick feet. Ran the spread offensive system very well.Second best qb I have seen in district 8aa, since 2000, behind Connor York from UHS. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan