WC Pioneers 2014

rickgrimes

I don't know how many games the Pioneers will or won't win but they are much imroved team. Offense was really impressive tonight. They played very physical and really took care of the ball. Can't remember the last time I saw them play without a turnover. 

Both teams looked to play starters the whole game..Giles County starting QB played the entire game and Cameron Ordway never came off the field.WC's JV and freshman teams also won their segments of the scrimmage.

If WC plays the way they did tonight it should be a good match up next week   in Smithville.

Edited by All Orange

All orange got to correct you on a few things. First let me say warren is improved and will be better but the talk of starters playing hole game is not accurate. Giles played starters for a half. Qb to no snaps after halftime. Back up qb Harrison and jv qb Burns took all the snaps. 2 defensive starters didn't play at all as well as the starting center. With that said the bobcats got to improve up front defensively and do a better job tackling next week as they open the season at home against Lincoln co.

The scrimmage was formatted like this . First two quarters were fifteen minutes each with varsity versus varsity. The score was 21-18 Warren County. Three td's a piece . The difference being extra points . Both teams had bright spots and both teams have things to work on to improve . The second half was jv versus jv. Giles jv outscored Warren jv 7-6. That made the final 27-25 Warren County. Then the freshmen played one quarter with Warren County winning that 21-0. Great scrimmage for both teams that are clearly looking forward and concentrating on there first regular season game next week. Good luck on great seasons to both Giles County and Warren County!!

Edited by WARBOSS

Loved the stadium at Warren County! Nice folks there. A class act.

WC has a good team that I think will get better. They played hard and with discipline. I can't speak for past years but this bunch works hard, pops the pads, and has plenty of pride & fight in them. Giles missing a few players on offense & defense didn't matter. The Pioneers were the better team last night.

As far as Giles not being as good as last year you would be correct at this point and time. However, they are way ahead of last years team at this time heading into week #1. By a long shot. We've got some mental things to clean up and by Friday we'll have everyone back. So check back about week 6. You'll probably change your opinion..... :ugeek:

Edited by WiseOldManGiles