2014 9AAA

eers

Kisler please explain what is going wrong with our defense, we seem to have good spurts here and there but we easily get gashed several times a game, 23 by Lebanon, 21 by station camp, 49 by Blackman, it's starting to raise concerns.

MJGB; I don't understand some of the things we are doing on  defense as well as offense ; but then again; I am not a coach.

Edited by BKisler

Tandem and Eers; I was shocked when I heard Beech score. What happened ? Injuries and turnovers ?

Nope. Didn't cover anyone all night. Still not sure we blocked anyone either. Beech had no offensive touchdowns all night.

Laid an egg all the way around.

Edited by eers

I would say that the score is much different than the game would reflect. The starters' defense actually only gave up 13 points. There was an interception returned for a touchdown and 13 points given up by the backups put in in the 4th quarter. The Commandos DID give up a few really big plays off of screens that looked like they weren't at all prepared for. Besides that the touchdown and field goals were all set up by bad special teams coverage, with the touchdown coming after a Brentwood punt return to inside the 15. I think Specialty was much bigger in the game than the actual defense was in the game, as almost every time the kicker didn't kick it out in the endzone the Bruins would take it out to the 40.

Nope. Didn't cover anyone all night. Still not sure we blocked anyone either. Beech had no offensive touchdowns all night.

Laid an egg all the way around.

That doesn't sound like Beech football. It will be interesting to see if others try to follow the blue print that Indy used.

Edited by BKisler