District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

Irish weren't short handed? Who needs posts? LOL. Great start to the game with a 24 point first qtr. We look to have really benefited from our strength and conditioning work by the non-footballers. Good test for the first game because Cosby can flat stroke it from 3. Who coaches the posts? Those guys were fouling machines....seriously all the posts in foul trouble 4 minutes into the game. Let's blame Drew, he's the youngest on the staff.

Its a good thing we convinced Tony Scott to dress out And play. He gave us a good solid quarter with his flared nostrils all huffing and puffing lol.. Last year we dealt with injuries and now we are off to an IR start. Senior's Austen Rhoades and Conor Owstroski are out for a few weeks with broken arms. Is this a reoccurring theme? Season is only one game old and we still have to get our footballers in shape too. Edited by QSouth89

Its a good thing we convinced Tony Scott to dress out And play. He gave us a good solid quarter with his flared nostrils all huffing and puffing lol.. Last year we dealt with injuries and now we are off to an IR start. Senior's Austen Rhoades and Conor Owstroski are out for a few weeks with broken arms. Is this a reoccurring theme? Season is only one game old and we still have to get our footballers in shape too.

Injuries, football (until Friday)....y'all just can't catch a break. Dang.

Injuries, football (until Friday)....y'all just can't catch a break. Dang.

Luke Smith scored 32 and Davari Reeder 21, to lead the Irish against Cosby. We will have a few of the football guys at practice Monday (Jordan Anderson, Tony Scott, and Chase Kuerschen). We play at Cumberland Gap Tuesday then we will have two weeks off till our next game Loudon, @ Scott County and @ Austin-East. Edited by QSouth89

Luke Smith scored 32 and Davari Reeder 21, to lead the Irish against Cosby. We will have a few of the football guys at practice Monday (Jordan Anderson, Tony Scott, and Chase Kuerschen). We play at Cumberland Gap Tuesday then we will have two weeks off till our next game Loudon, @ Scott County and @ Austin-East.

Luke Smith back to his usual self I see. And since you're going to Cumberland Gap, you'll be going to POWELL, right? (see what I did there? LOL)

If everything goes to plan, it'll be December before we're up to full speed.

What's up Alcoa? I remember one of the best hs games I've ever seen was OR/Alcoa back in 1988. They had us down by 1 we had the ball at our baseline throwing it in. Our guy heaves it all the way across the court with 2 secs left. Our guy Deon Turner grabs it turns around and shoots a 15 foot jumper with .5 secs left in the game and pops it in. It was so reminiscent of the Christian Laettner shot Duke vs UK that it's almost scary.

What's up Alcoa? I remember one of the best hs games I've ever seen was OR/Alcoa back in 1988. They had us down by 1 we had the ball at our baseline throwing it in. Our guy heaves it all the way across the court with 2 secs left. Our guy Deon Turner grabs it turns around and shoots a 15 foot jumper with .5 secs left in the game and pops it in. It was so reminiscent of the Christian Laettner shot Duke vs UK that it's almost scary.

Sounds like a good game (I wasn't born yet LOL). That would have been the next-to-last or last season for our Hall of Fame coach Vernon Osborne.

Coach Kirk told me he wants to get Oak Ridge back on the schedule in the near future. He loves to schedule powerhouses. :thumb:

• Upvote 1

Sounds like a good game (I wasn't born yet LOL). That would have been the next-to-last or last season for our Hall of Fame coach Vernon Osborne.

Coach Kirk told me he wants to get Oak Ridge back on the schedule in the near future. He loves to schedule powerhouses. :thumb:

Yeah it was an incredible game. Ask a longtime Alcoa fan about it someday. Was in the old Alcoa gym. I liked that place. I'd enjoy having y'all on our schedule. Two traditionally good programs.

Yeah it was an incredible game. Ask a longtime Alcoa fan about it someday. Was in the old Alcoa gym. I liked that place. I'd enjoy having y'all on our schedule. Two traditionally good programs.

Only bad thing about the old gym (now the middle school gym) is that if it was a 4pm game, the sun was right there shining in, and that's never fun.

I think we'll be getting back to the powerhouse that we've traditionally been before long, so I hope we get OR again.

Only bad thing about the old gym (now the middle school gym) is that if it was a 4pm game, the sun was right there shining in, and that's never fun.

I think we'll be getting back to the powerhouse that we've traditionally been before long, so I hope we get OR again.

I remember the Marsh name being synonymous with Alcoa basketball back in the day. Do you know a guy named Ryan Mcrae? Went to Alcoa and played for them a few years ago. I work with him at the airport.