Week 0 - Smith Co @ Alcoa

hitme

Kinda looks like we are talking about it..lol. Explained it before...could be a bigger advantage for Gordonsville...but it really isn't. There are only 19,000 people in whole county. If you only had one school we would still be in the same district. We don't have 124,000 potentially to recruit from.

Bottomline.....SC has a higher enrollment and has as many players as Alcoa dress out for football.(you said so yourself). And SC is Open Zone.

Next excuse please?! Hehe.

Bottomline.....SC has a higher enrollment and has as many players as Alcoa dress out for football.(you said so yourself). And SC is Open Zone.

Look down the roster of SC, I doubt you find one player that has lived in Sparta, Knoxville, or Loudon in the last year. We are all fully aware there is nothing wrong with what Alcoa does, nothing at all. But the BS spill about no one working as hard as Alcoa is just that, bs. Have Rankin go up to RBS and work them boys hard and come play his former team Alcoa nd see what the results are. There are factors envolved, or excuses as you call them. Either way, let's play ball and see how thew chips fall.

Look down the roster of SC, I doubt you find one player that has lived in Sparta, Knoxville, or Loudon in the last year. We are all fully aware there is nothing wrong with what Alcoa does, nothing at all. But the BS spill about no one working as hard as Alcoa is just that, bs. Have Rankin go up to RBS and work them boys hard and come play his former team Alcoa nd see what the results are. There are factors envolved, or excuses as you call them. Either way, let's play ball and see how thew chips fall.

#14!

I haven't made any excuses. All I've said is that the open zone in SC is no advantage due to population base. SC has the lowest number of players in 15 years. I don't know why that is. SC had right at 100 players during Maynord's last several years and those teams were pretty good.

I haven't made any excuses. All I've said is that the open zone in SC is no advantage due to population base. SC has the lowest number of players in 15 years. I don't know why that is. SC had right at 100 players during Maynord's last several years and those teams were pretty good.

Laziness is why numbers are down...gotta want to play football..sc football aint no cakewalk..its work..kids just don't wanna work and they are learning those bad qualities from their parents.its allright tho..the guys that are suited up wanna be there and don't mind the work.

Really? Ok....then if CGR wanted to leave Riverdale for a "smaller environment, school and community" why Alcoa in East TN. Why not HOME and return to Smith County. Tell us old wise one.

Very simple - he wanted to go to a top notch program with talent pool at its best with a rich football tradition and I guess one factor would be $$$$$$$$$$$$. ( "old wise one" would have been a good moniker.

I've been to his house.

WOW, you have been to his house. Have you been to his house while he lived in Carthage, have you been to his house in Christiana (Riverdale), you say you have been to his house in Maryville, have you been to his vacation home in Gatlinburg, have you been to "Honey's Hive" with him.? All these places I and my family have been to with Gary and Sandra, in case you didn't know his wife's first name many, many, many times.Have you been water skiing with him, he doesn't play golf, have you gone on scouting trips with him, scouted for him, know ALL his brothers, no sisters, know his mother and father who are now deceased, for sure do you know "Spud"? Do you know what his second job while in Carthage?  Have you gone to coaching clinics with him, gone to the Clinic bowl each year with him, do you know what Sandra's hobbie is, gone to church with him - I could go on and on and on. Don't have time or space to go on. Posters in SC know most of the these answews if not all. Please don't embarass yourself saying you know Gary Rankin better than SC fans!! Good luck this year, except for Thursday night.