Best QB's in Tennessee you have ever seen?

SweetScience

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know Cobb went to UK... Bo Wallace went to Ole Miss and kept Barry Brunetti on back up status... But some of these other cats I have the slightest Idea about and would truly like to know what makes someone great to you folks from the other parts of the state. To me SIGNING is a prerequisite but may not have to be for you. 

BHS:

2014 Grove Bowl

First I'd like to say that the Ole Miss backfield will be featuring RB's that prepped in TN, three of which are from the Memphis area and one from Murphreesboro. I'tavious Mathers (Blackman), Jordan Wilkens (St. Benedict), Jaylen Walton (Ridgeway), and Mark Dodson (Whitehaven). All will see significant PT this year.

But, that's not why I posted. I want you to look at the QB's and tell who you like best. To me it's plain as day. I don't think the best QB will start, but I hope he sees some PT during the year during games. I think he's special. He stood out to me. I actually thought that Bo made quite a few bad reads. The guy I like made good decisions, showed accuracy, and ran the ball the best out of all the QB's. Who do you think I liked?

On a heavier note BHS, we got Ridgeway in a few weeks.  They gonna be any slower or smaller this year?  Or is it going to be like playing Miami again?

Facts:

Ridgewaywill be loaded this again this year. According to Donovan Stewart's of the Examiner, Ridgeway return's 6 on Offense and 6 on defense. I kind of think those numbers are off. I think it's higher on 'O'. The OL has two returning starters, both are pretty big. (#72) Cameron Jones a 6'-3", 290 lb. OT and (#78) Larry Palm a 6'-2", 295 lb. OT. Their 2nd string center off of last year's team will probably start this year, (#54) Nicholos Wiseman at 6'-1" 245 lb. I'm sure their two new guards will be pretty sizeable.

They have size and speed returning.Two players have already verballed to play for Arkansas State next year. RB Earl Harrison (#32) and DT/DE Elonte Batemon (#53).

Donovan's 5A Capsule

Their coach has done it again this season. Their first three games of the season are Olive Branch, then district 6A opponent Southwind, then Henry County ... in that order. Their schedule is RIFE with big, strong, deadly opposition, in and out of district play. There aren't too many schedules tougher. Their out of district opponents are 1) Olive Branch (MS) [2011, 6A state champ in MS], 2) Henry County [Last year's 5A state champ], 3) Whitehaven [2012 6A state champ], and 4) Memphis East [last year a quarterfinalist in 5A]. They play 6 road games this season. The Ridgewway @ Henry County game is going to be one of the best in the state.

Ridgeway's 2014 Schedule

Expect an experienced and hungry Ridgeway team. If Braxton can keep the turnover's down and NOT throw any INT's ... this game will be VERY interesting indeed! Especially since he has all of his backfield returning and three of his pass catchers from last season.

Not sure... The QB will be legit but I'm not sure how how the defense is

I think the 'D' will be much improved. They return all of their starting DB's and LB's from last year's squad. They return a DT, Elontae Batemon who has already verballed to Arkansas State and a DE (#88), Terry Fultz at 6'-5" 240 lbs who is being recruited pretty hard as well. They insert two new DL's and they are good to go. I don't see how they are NOT better then last year and significantly improved just based upon experience alone. Throw in their first two games being against Olive Branch, and Southwind ... they will have been tested by fire for the Henry County game.

Edited by kwc

Facts:

Ridgewaywill be loaded this again this year. According to Donovan Stewart's of the Examiner, Ridgeway return's 6 on Offense and 6 on defense. I kind of think those numbers are off. I think it's higher on 'O'. The OL has two returning starters, both are pretty big. (#72) Cameron Jones a 6'-3", 290 lb. OT and (#78) Larry Palm a 6'-2", 295 lb. OT. Their 2nd string center off of last year's team will probably start this year, (#54) Nicholos Wiseman at 6'-1" 245 lb. I'm sure their two new guards will be pretty sizeable.

They have size and speed returning.Two players have already verballed to play for Arkansas State next year. RB Earl Harrison (#32) and DT/DE Elonte Batemon (#53).

Donovan's 5A Capsule

Their coach has done it again this season. Their first three games of the season are Olive Branch, then district 6A opponent Southwind, then Henry County ... in that order. Their schedule is RIFE with big, strong, deadly opposition, in and out of district play. There aren't too many schedules tougher. Their out of district opponents are 1) Olive Branch (MS) [2011, 6A state champ in MS], 2) Henry County [Last year's 5A state champ], 3) Whitehaven [2012 6A state champ], and 4) Memphis East [last year a quarterfinalist in 5A]. They play 6 road games this season. The Ridgewway @ Henry County game is going to be one of the best in the state.

Ridgeway's 2014 Schedule

Expect an experienced and hungry Ridgeway team. If Braxton can keep the turnover's down and NOT throw any INT's ... this game will be VERY interesting indeed! Especially since he has all of his backfield returning and three of his pass catchers from last season.

I have a question about the quarterback. Last year everyone from Memphis talked about how great he was. In 2 games against Henry County he had 8 interceptions and I think he lost a fumble. Do you think it was just nerves of playing in Henry County? What makes him so great?

I have a question about the quarterback. Last year everyone from Memphis talked about how great he was. In 2 games against Henry County he had 8 interceptions and I think he lost a fumble. Do you think it was just nerves of playing in Henry County? What makes him so great?

Henry Co. had a Great defense and home field advantage... That likely did him in

BHS:

2014 Grove Bowl

First I'd like to say that the Ole Miss backfield will be featuring RB's that prepped in TN, three of which are from the Memphis area and one from Murphreesboro. I'tavious Mathers (Blackman), Jordan Wilkens (St. Benedict), Jaylen Walton (Ridgeway), and Mark Dodson (Whitehaven). All will see significant PT this year.

But, that's not why I posted. I want you to look at the QB's and tell who you like best. To me it's plain as day. I don't think the best QB will start, but I hope he sees some PT during the year during games. I think he's special. He stood out to me. I actually thought that Bo made quite a few bad reads. The guy I like made good decisions, showed accuracy, and ran the ball the best out of all the QB's. Who do you think I liked?

I'm gonna TRY to watch this Spring Game... 

I like his poise and accuracy. He's tall and mobile and he doesn't favor a particular receiver. He spreads it around. You watched him twice and probably saw his two worst performances. I also give credit to your team's defense, because you guys picked him off 8 times. That wasn't an accident, it was an awesome scheme, defensive pressure, and ball hawking DB's. Yet, with all of that, including the atmosphere, their best attack against your team was through the air because their run game didn't show up. He's resilient. He forget's his mistakes and keeps on going.

He's been a starter since his sophomore year and rightly so. His arm and the way he shreds defensive backfields is a main reason why Ridgeway is so successful. You don't know who he will throw the ball to when they pass.

That's why I like him so much. You just can't allow him time to throw. He will pick you apart. Heaven forbid the run game gets going.

You know ... if I'm Ridgeway ... I got this game marked on my calendar. Twice, Ridgeway came into Paris and just shot themselves in the foot, time and time again. Especially Braxton ... you KNOW he's been waiting all summer for Henry County. He's got unfinished business with Henry County. I know he probably personally feels responsible for those two losses. He's a leader on that team so you know he felt he let his team down.

I personally don't think that Ridgeway is intimidated in any fashion about playing in Henry County. This year will be the third time, there is nothing they haven't experienced, except a victory. They will bring a crowd and expectations.

It's mostly BHS and myself singing his praises on here. But, if you asked any other poster from Memphis who has seen him play they will all probably tell you that he's special.

Edited by kwc

I like his poise and accuracy. He's tall and mobile and he doesn't favor a particular receiver. He spreads it around. You watched him twice and probably saw his two worst performances. I also give credit to your team's defense, because you guys picked him off 8 times. That wasn't an accident, it was an awesome scheme, defensive pressure, and ball hawking DB's. Yet, with all of that, including the atmosphere, their best attack against your team was through the air because their run game didn't show up. He's resilient. He forget's his mistakes and keeps on going.

He's been a starter since his sophomore year and rightly so. His arm and the way he shreds defensive backfields is a main reason why Ridgeway is so successful. You don't know who he will throw the ball to when they pass.

That's why I like him so much. You just can't allow him time to throw. He will pick you apart. Heaven forbid the run game gets going.

You know ... if I'm Ridgeway ... I got this game marked on my calendar. Twice, Ridgeway came into Paris and just shot themselves in the foot, time and time again. Especially Braxton ... you KNOW he's been waiting all summer for Henry County. He's got unfinished business with Henry County. I know he probably personally feels responsible for those two losses. He's a leader on that team so you know he felt he let his team down.

I personally don't think that Ridgeway is intimidated in any fashion about playing in Henry County. This year will be the third time, there is nothing they haven't experienced, except a victory. They will bring a crowd and expectations.

It's mostly BHS and myself singing his praises on here. But, if you asked any other poster from Memphis who has seen him play they will all probably tell you that he's special.

Thank you kwc. I am not going to lie, when we had to play Ridgeway in the playoffs I was a little nervous that he would play much better but we were just poised to get another ring last year. I am excited to see him again this year especially since we have lost a bit from our defense last year.