Best QB's in Tennessee you have ever seen?

SweetScience

Spurrier started Syvelle Newton in early part of USC tenure. Also 2 or 3 black QBs while he was the OC at Duke. One of which followed him to the USFL. For whatever reason several QBs he signs transfer out. Happened to a former Maryville QB too.

Newton was recruited by LOU HOLTZ and Newton ended his career as a WR or something right or wrong?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton was recruited by LOU HOLTZ and Newton ended his career as a WR or something right or wrong?

Think he played Safety, Tailback and WR. However, he started several games at QB. Spurrier has signed several black QBs. Is your problem that he doesn't recruit them, or that he doesn't start them?

This isn't an opinion... He doesn't recruit Athletic Black QBs to actually Play QB...

Lot of people do the same thing. I don't think he is some kind of racist for moving athletic players to different positions. How many atletic black QBs want to go play in an offense that isn't spread or throwing it but 40% of the time tops?

Lot of people do the same thing. I don't think he is some kind of racist for moving athletic players to different positions. How many atletic black QBs want to go play in an offense that isn't spread or throwing it but 40% of the time tops?

The good ole Head ball coach isn't racist... He's biased towards QBs that look and play like him, there's a clear difference...  

The good ole Head ball coach isn't racist... He's biased towards QBs that look and play like him, there's a clear difference...

Agree to disagree. I'd bet you a paycheck if he thought he'd win the national champ playing without a QB at all he would do it.

Who cares about friggin' Spurrier.  Take the racist conspiracy crap somwhere else.  Heck, his alma mater folk don't care for him.  The question was:

The Best QB's in Tennessee you have ever seen?  Best I've seen, in my tenure:

* Todd Helton

* Randall Cobb

* Curt Phillips

Who cares about friggin' Spurrier.  Take the racist conspiracy crap somwhere else.  Heck, his alma mater folk don't care for him.  The question was:

The Best QB's in Tennessee you have ever seen?  Best I've seen, in my tenure:

* Todd Helton

* Randall Cobb

* Curt Phillips

If u didn't care care about the left field conversation then why speak on it... My list is a few pages back btw    :ugeek: