New classification

RETIREDSSG

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

Do the new 8 Regions in each class under this new plan, which they posted earlier in papers, still stand? Or was that just a projection? ... Looked to me like they already laid out who was where. Unless I'm cornfused.. again... as usual. Ha! :).... okey, well duh, I just reread.. it says potential... could be... not approved yet... regions may look like this:... uhmmm, I need remedial English it appears. :-/ .. lol

Edited by hevyrevy1611

When it happens the rural schools will be raided of talent. Schools like TCA will then be able to offer scholarships to kids in the small towns. The stud athletes will be recruited from those schools. I know it's already happening in Nashville and Memphis but overall it's not happening in West Tn because there is only one D2 school in West Tn outside of Memphis. That would be USJ. Ask Gibson County how they felt about Losing Garner to USJ. He had a great opportunity and took it. More of that will happen. Public athletics will be watered down as a result especially in the 1a and 2a classifications. Be careful what you ask for.

IM WITH YOU TCA WHEN SCHOOLS START THROWING OUT SCHOLARSHIPS PUBLIC SCHOOL SPORTS WILL GO DOWN THE DRAIN. CAUSE IT DONT TAKE TO MANY KIDS LEAVING SMALL SCHOOLS TO HURT REAL BAD LIKE ROCKWOOD THEY HAVE HAD 2 OR 3 KIDS LEAVE THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS AND  EVEN A  COUPLE GOOD PLAYERS  AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL  AND WHEN 4 OR 5 KIDS LEAVE A LITTLE SCHOOL LIKE ROCKWOOD IT HURTS 

When it happens the rural schools will be raided of talent. Schools like TCA will then be able to offer scholarships to kids in the small towns. The stud athletes will be recruited from those schools. I know it's already happening in Nashville and Memphis but overall it's not happening in West Tn because there is only one D2 school in West Tn outside of Memphis. That would be USJ. Ask Gibson County how they felt about Losing Garner to USJ. He had a great opportunity and took it. More of that will happen. Public athletics will be watered down as a result especially in the 1a and 2a classifications. Be careful what you ask for.

That's always been there. Funny that you mentioned Gibson Co. losing a player to USJ...it happened in the late 90's too, when USJ was still DI. Don't recall the name, soph guard who led the Pioneers in scoring (wore #10 at USJ) appeared at USJ as a junior...the thing I remember most was that the team came into the restaurant where my wife and myself were eating after the game...and the "team" making fun of the kids worn out shoes...never forget it.

Moral of the story is... I don't think it will change things much.

So these schools will start cheating just because they're in different groups?