What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

Thank you Chill! finally someone else besides me can try to bring this thread back to the subject!  

I agree Mr. Payne,  I think Richmond has a big year for my Cavs.  I mean, with carver and buford, thats 3 senior guards, which isn't something every team has every year.  Don't sleep on the Cavaliers!  

I also like Poore at CCHS.  Any Warren co fans checking in?  Did everyone come back out for basketball this year with the new coach?  Any new talent come out?   New coaches are always interesting situations... 

Thank you Chill! finally someone else besides me can try to bring this thread back to the subject!  

I agree Mr. Payne,  I think Richmond has a big year for my Cavs.  I mean, with carver and buford, thats 3 senior guards, which isn't something every team has every year.  Don't sleep on the Cavaliers!  

I also like Poore at CCHS.  Any Warren co fans checking in?  Did everyone come back out for basketball this year with the new coach?  Any new talent come out?   New coaches are always interesting situations... 

Poore is going to have a lot of help this year.  They have been working hard on improving their verticals and many of their posts are playing above the rim now.  Junior guard, Drew Vaden, at 5'10" is throwing down 360 dunks - he's one of the best athletes on the mountain in a while - baseball may be his best sport though.  Freshmen class at CCHS is 10 deep this year and very talented, and it would be disappointing if they don't take the Freshmen title this year. 

Freshmen class at CCHS is 10 deep this year and very talented, and it would be disappointing if they don't take the Freshmen title this year. 

Too bad there won't be a freshman title this year... word I've gotten is some of the coaches voted that out, now a 9th/10th grade thing in place of freshmen games.  Has anyone else heard this?  I got it second hand from a parent...

Edited by Alumn89

Too bad there won't be a freshman title this year... word I've gotten is some of the coaches voted that out, now a 9th/10th grade thing in place of freshmen games.  Has anyone else heard this?  I got it second hand from a parent...

I hadn't heard that, but it makes sense.  I know last year, most teams were playing Sophomores anyway especially on the girls side.  CCHS played freshmen only last year - girls and boys. 

Yea, I know it has been that way on the girls side for a few years at least.   But as far as I know the boys had always been 9th grade only?   Who knows. 

I'm lovin football, but I miss my Roundball too... 

I know at the tournament last year;  Girls were allowed to have up to 3 Sophs on the roster.  Stone Memorial played Sophs last year in boys too - they only had 5 or 6 freshmen.  I know Cookeville had a very strong freshmen class last year.

The CCHS girls last year were the only "all freshmen" team and they won it, and that was without the Carlton girl who started on varsity toward the year of the year.  CCHS girls are very deep.  That soph class (11 players - last year's freshmen) are loaded but only 1 or 2 may be on the varsity squad; they would probably finish top 3 in the district on their own.

looking forward to round ball too.

• 4 weeks later...