What's going on in 6AAA?

Tenntwin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got beat by the better team tonight. Stop making excuses. A single A team come to your house and beat you. Period. Suck it up

To properly classify Clarkrange, you should include the enrollment of York/Fentrss Co.. How many key players played at South Fentress? You guys need a "forward slash" in your school name, Clarkrange/York.

So Stone should be classified by the enrollment for all of Cumberland County? Cookeville High should include all of Putnam County enrollment?

jhdill, I have no problem with those girls playing at CR.  It's a great opportunity for them to play for Lamar and increase their chances of playing for state championships in class A.  But when you start talking small school/single A and three of your starters played at AA York Middle School within the last two years - Smith, Garrett, and Meadows.  Again, I have the highest respect for Clarkrange, I've been watching them play ball since the 70's, but with the way they attract players from throughout the region, it's hard for me to classify them as your standard class A program.  That is a compliment more than a knock - we should all want our programs to be thought of that way.

Sorry my bad it sounded more like a knock to me. I was clarifying if all counties with more than one high school need to classify by total enrollment of the county instead of classifying by enrollment in school. I think Fentress Co is a little different from other counties because of York being state funded. The county only has one county high school so technically any county elem student can go to the county high school but then they have a state run high school that any student in the state can attend so its different in that county than most.

jhdill, I have no problem with those girls playing at CR.  It's a great opportunity for them to play for Lamar and increase their chances of playing for state championships in class A.  But when you start talking small school/single A and three of your starters played at AA York Middle School within the last two years - Smith, Garrett, and Meadows.  Again, I have the highest respect for Clarkrange, I've been watching them play ball since the 70's, but with the way they attract players from throughout the region, it's hard for me to classify them as your standard class A program.  That is a compliment more than a knock - we should all want our programs to be thought of that way.

apparently you do. we have 2 high schools in fentress county, and 4 feeder schools in the county. if you want to be a champion i suggest playing at clarkrange!!

It all comes down to the fact that you have a high school with the enrollment of app. 280 students, playing schools with the enrollment of 1600 plus students and getting beat by the small school. that alone speaks for itself!!!

I'm with you BigFan1966.  I've been saying this for several years here in Cumberland County, we have two of the smallest AAA schools in the state and struggle to compete.  We need to organize with say, Crossville Christian School and send our best athletes there, keep enrollment below 300 and play A ball.  This is what is trending in the metropolitan areas - CPA in Nashville, Catholic and Grace Christian in Knoxville, etc.. 

i don't blame a kid for one second going to clarkrange. not only do you increase your chances at winning a state championship you also increase your chances at playing college ball. what I find funny is that jhdill was nowhere to be found when we drilled them the first 2 times and now since they barely beat us that person is on here talking smack.