What's going on in 6AAA?

Tenntwin

We are roughly thirty hours away from what could be the first of several very close games between CCHS and White County. I think both teams match up well against one another in playing style as well as athletic ability. What can White county do to exploit some of CCHS's weaknesses? What can CCHS do to put the game out of reach quickly, control White County's offensive scoring ability, and not lose focus coming out of halftime?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 6AAA showdown tonight in Sparta with the Lady Warriors and Lady Jets, game winner gets the inside track on district crown.  Very impressed with White County this year; they are the team to beat in the Upper Cumberland.  Lady Jets will need their best game of the year at their place. 

Congrats to White County on the win.

For me, the game really came down to a few key factors.

White County was able to take advantage of every opportunity they were given by CCHS to score. They were also able to get CCHS lop sided on defense leaving an open person under the basket.

CCHS had a really poor shooting night and missed some easy opportunities in lay-ups as well as missed shots from the free throw line. CCHS also failed to play defense in the second half, failed to call out picks and communicate wether or not to switch or stay on their player. As i said in an earlier post. One of the keys to the game is for CCHS to not lose focus coming out of half time.

Congrats to White County on the win.

For me, the game really came down to a few key factors.

White County was able to take advantage of every opportunity they were given by CCHS to score. They were also able to get CCHS lop sided on defense leaving an open person under the basket.

CCHS had a really poor shooting night and missed some easy opportunities in lay-ups as well as missed shots from the free throw line. CCHS also failed to play defense in the second half, failed to call out picks and communicate wether or not to switch or stay on their player. As i said in an earlier post. One of the keys to the game is for CCHS to not lose focus coming out of half time.

18-22 from the free throw line does not seem like a bad shooting night from CCHS? CCHS hit two more threes than WCHS did. I seen points EARNED by WCHS not GIVEN to them. Both great teams but from your post it sounds like WCHS did nothing to come away with the win and it was more about what CCHS did not do. From my seats it looked like two very talented teams battling it out. Bad shooting night just may have to do with good defense. Give credit where credit is due. Neither team cashed this game in, one team had to win and one had to lose. It may be different next game but give WCHS some credit. 21-2 record is not because every team they played GAVE them points, had a bad shooting night, and did not talk on defense. It may be that WCHS is pretty good as is CCHS. I actually love watching how hard CCHS plays and as a coach myself appreciate everything about that team. I think the coach does a GREAT job getting those kids ready to play. Its all good my friend, I just seen it a little different than you did.  

18-22 from the free throw line does not seem like a bad shooting night from CCHS? CCHS hit two more threes than WCHS did. I seen points EARNED by WCHS not GIVEN to them. Both great teams but from your post it sounds like WCHS did nothing to come away with the win and it was more about what CCHS did not do. From my seats it looked like two very talented teams battling it out. Bad shooting night just may have to do with good defense. Give credit where credit is due. Neither team cashed this game in, one team had to win and one had to lose. It may be different next game but give WCHS some credit. 21-2 record is not because every team they played GAVE them points, had a bad shooting night, and did not talk on defense. It may be that WCHS is pretty good as is CCHS. I actually love watching how hard CCHS plays and as a coach myself appreciate everything about that team. I think the coach does a GREAT job getting those kids ready to play. Its all good my friend, I just seen it a little different than you did.

My post is a matter of perception. White county has a very good team and did what good teams do, ( find ways to get around what the other team has to do to win.) And in my opinion that is exactly what White County was able to accomplish. In no way am I or was I trying to deminish White County as a team. I believe their record speaks for itself. So as an avid basketball fan, my post stated what White was able to do and what CCHS was unable to do. I honestly can't wait for to watch both teams okay each other over the next fee years as it will definitely make for some exciting basketball in 6AAA.