Week 0.5 Alcoa v Mo East (Champions v Her icanes)

Congratulations to my friend Gary Rankin on win 358, currently 11 away from taking over the all-time lead as the most winning coach. 

I had a really good interview with Coach Rankin Friday night. (probably the best one I've had with him).  I always enjoy speaking with him and I ask him what game of the 358 victories had the most meaning and you'd be surprised at his answer!  If you'd like to hear that interview click the link below.  Coach Rankin's interviews begins the second hour of the show.

The Friday Main Event 8-22-2014

That's the key to youth development. Start rotating players into the game instead of running up scores like the Black birds.

Against Smith County....Alcoa played 75 players. Probably that many again Mo east.

Develop depth and reload!

Thats how Alcoa and Maryville do it every year. Amazing how I see a school that has a dominating team but leaves their starters in so they can blow someone out. I have seen games where Maryville was ahead 35-0 at the half and they win 35-7. Other team leaves starters in while Maryville plays reserves. I have seen games Maryville could have won 100-0 easily. I also seen games Alcoa could have won 100-0 easily. I also saw a playoff game when Maryville had a 35-7 lead over Rhea County in the 3rd quarter and started subbing. Rhea County left starters in and cut the lead to 35-21. GQ put starters back in to close out Rhea County 42-21.