Huntingdon Mustangs vs. Westview Chargers

You are correct and personally, just making the playoffs should be our first goal. Our district is overall better throughout the district and making playoffs can be tough.

I think mustangs have a lock on district and toss up from there.

My preseason pick for district was actually Dresden till your qb left and found out you got a new coach.  I think Huntingdon got it locked as well but didnt think that during preseason cause of all the young players, however they looked real good the other night but dont wanna get too excited yet as Im biased lol.

I think you guys will prob go 5-5 or 6-4 which means you'll prob make playoffs.  Just gotta stay with it and players cant give up.  Westview is a tough team not going to be easy for us either I dont think.

Edited by KermitDeeFrog

Hey Harley, we scrimmaged both teams. We had most of our players against Westview and played it like a regular game in the Spring. Against Huntington we had 13 players out and didn't show them much in regards to our passing game or our starting RB's BUT I think Huntington wins this game by 2 TD's. That crazy offense of theirs is next to impossible to stop. It's boring but it works. If they don't turn it over the Stangs will win it! If they ever get behind by 2 TD's they are beat but I just don't see that happening.

• Upvote 1

Ball control is the key here. If the Stangs can control the clock and grind it out then I like their chances. If they get behind by a couple of scores or turn the ball over and lkill long drives then the Chargers win. Keep the EVENT offense sidelined and it should work out for Huntingdon.

Hey Harley, we scrimmaged both teams. We had most of our players against Westview and played it like a regular game in the Spring. Against Huntington we had 13 players out and didn't show them much in regards to our passing game or our starting RB's BUT I think Huntington wins this game by 2 TD's. That crazy offense of theirs is next to impossible to stop. It's boring but it works. If they don't turn it over the Stangs will win it! If they ever get behind by 2 TD's they are beat but I just don't see that happening.

Thanks TCAintense Stangs it is  :mrgreen:

Ball control is the key here. If the Stangs can control the clock and grind it out then I like their chances. If they get behind by a couple of scores or turn the ball over and lkill long drives then the Chargers win. Keep the EVENT offense sidelined and it should work out for Huntingdon.

Ground and Pound.

Edited by 34ME

Hey Harley, we scrimmaged both teams. We had most of our players against Westview and played it like a regular game in the Spring. Against Huntington we had 13 players out and didn't show them much in regards to our passing game or our starting RB's BUT I think Huntington wins this game by 2 TD's. That crazy offense of theirs is next to impossible to stop. It's boring but it works. If they don't turn it over the Stangs will win it! If they ever get behind by 2 TD's they are beat but I just don't see that happeB

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! 13 players out my !?!?!?!?. You had two out as did we, you had all your little D1 studs there. You had 13 out after we scrimmaged you, just like I told you would happen. I get so tired of excuses, its pathetic. Its typical, "yeah they beat us but we had (insert number here)out". Yeah, we scrimmaged both, we were just working on our run game, yeah we scrimmaged em, but we didn't have our (insert position or 13 positions if you want to). Don't know if we will beat westview but if we don't it won't be because we had (insert number) out.

reading all ur post trying to figure out who too pick on big ones I'm from E tenn so never see ya'll play. Still not sure mustangs have most posters and beat W view last year I'm 24 -5 and need this game. who's got this game.  lol :huh:

As a neutral fan who is familiar with Both teams(Camden) I would  go with the Stangs.They have a very good program as so does westveiw but westveiw tends to struggle in early season games.

That crazy offense of theirs is next to impossible to stop. It's boring but it works. 

While I like their offense and it is funky..I don't think its boring.

I think Camden might have written to book on how to stop it last season....Send the house and understand you are going to give up a big play here or there but you have to be playing defense on their side of the line of scrimmage . that way  they aint nickle and diming you down the field for 8 minutes at a time scoring while your offense watches helplessly on the sidelines.

Camden did it so well last season they went back to the double wing for the rest of the regular season....cant wait for this years game to see what Huntington coach counters with..I understand they have a QB this season that can really wing it if you sell out..

Edited by Beagle