Week 0: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

http://rhsfootballal...deo20140822.asp

Inside RHS Football - Rockwood Vs. Oneida (8/22/2014)

Here is the Rockwood vs Oneida game if anyone didn't get to watch it, the stats are at the bottom of the page too. It's been editted down to 30 minutes. I watched it earlier.

OHS ran it to much though they had over 200 rushing yards it didn't translate into alot of scoring and their passing was non-existent with only 5 passes, 3 completions and an interception. Very 1 dimensional.

The 72 yard TD pass looked like a play Rockwood tried to run earlier in the game but the QB was sacked. On the TD pass he had enough time to make the throw to Long, it wasn't really luck but a good execution and decent protection. Long just beat the Oneida's defense and the QB had time to make the throw.

How is Hampton's passing and run game?

Edited by TheOgre78

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt see the game but from the articles and stat sheets it sounds like hes pretty much there :)

I would LOVE to see a stat sheet from our game....Stat sheets on all other games, but nothing on ours in either paper....I guess if you pick the other team to win and put 49 on the Dogs, you may not take the time to report the stats after such a let down!  B)

Pujo, LJ played one heck of a game....We just need a repeat Friday night

Edited by uknoit2

http://rhsfootballal...deo20140822.asp

Inside RHS Football - Rockwood Vs. Oneida (8/22/2014)

Here is the Rockwood vs Oneida game if anyone didn't get to watch it, the stats are at the bottom of the page too. It's been editted down to 30 minutes. I watched it earlier.

OHS ran it to much though they had over 200 rushing yards it didn't translate into alot of scoring and their passing was non-existent with only 5 passes, 3 completions and an interception. Very 1 dimensional.

The 72 yard TD pass looked like a play Rockwood tried to run earlier in the game but the QB was sacked. On the TD pass he had enough time to make the throw to Long, it wasn't really luck but a good execution and decent protection. Long just beat the Oneida's defense and the QB had time to make the throw.

How is Hampton's passing and run game?

We mixed it up alot. Neither of the papers had the box scores but we did have over 200 yds passing in the 1st half. We all know this is a different tribe this week, just hope we can punch out a few 1st downs and play good d. I'm sure special teams,turnovers and penalties could turn out to be the difference maker.

From what I hear yall throw it as good as ya run it...The old Hampton teams were ground and pound and then sneak a tight end on a flag route for a big play. Now it seems yall will spread it out and throw with some run mix and then in the same drive jump under center with no personel change and pound it a few plays ....That makes it hard for any defense to make ajustments :blink:  :wacko:

The kids just gotta make some plays!

From what I hear yall throw it as good as ya run it...The old Hampton teams were ground and pound and then sneak a tight end on a flag route for a big play. Now it seems yall will spread it out and throw with some run mix and then in the same drive jump under center with no personel change and pound it a few plays ....That makes it hard for any defense to make ajustments :blink:  :wacko:

The kids just gotta make some plays!

You are right on all accounts Bigtime, this Hampton team is different than most of the teams in the past, we mix it up alot. Having several good skill position kids with a good QB helps to keep the d on its toe's. I love it when you can get several kids involved. Then again, I love it when you get in the PowerI and just drive it down someones throat. Just gotta play to the strengths you have and hope its good enough. The line is really where it starts in any offence, if they play well,you've got a chance

I'm just glad out D is called by TL......he puts the kids in places to make plays.  I think through 3 qtrs. Rockwood had a total of 67 yards.  If we don't have a bust on the 72 yards TD pass then they would have barely got to 100 total yards.  I hear I may hitch my wagon to a different mule.  So may be coming up after all. B)

Kaz

I've been watching Hampton football for 20 years and this is one of the best passing teams we ever had. Got several weapons on the outside and if you focus on them we have good backs to make you pay up the middle. Probably the most balanced Hampton team in years. But pujo is right. It all starts up front.

I'm just glad out D is called by TL......he puts the kids in places to make plays.  I think through 3 qtrs. Rockwood had a total of 67 yards.  If we don't have a bust on the 72 yards TD pass then they would have barely got to 100 total yards.  I hear I may hitch my wagon to a different mule.  So may be coming up after all. B)

Kaz

I agree that OHS's defense looked good. They contained Rockwood's run game & pressured the QB but what happens when they face a RB & WR with Long's speed/talent? IMO, I think the Indian's pass defense could be suspect in some positions/situations against a team with a better passing game. I may be wrong but I don't think Rockwood was close to being a pass threat without Long at WR or had an O-line that gave them enough time to throw efficiently enough to open up their offense. And the 72 yard TD was no fluke play imo, I think they saw something earlier in the game and knew if they could protect the QB they had a chance to score or make a big play at least.