Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

I know kind of weird coming from an OR fan starting this thread, but I always LOVE this game. I know Alcoeee will have played 3 games in approximately 8 days, but I am sure they rested their starters 2nd half vs Smith County and the same will probably happen when they play the Hurricanes of Mo-Town East. Maryville is coming off of a good win against a very good Webb team 28-7. Who takes this one and why? Can Alcoa keep it close this year, unlike last year? I hope both teams stay healthy and may the best team win. Here's to one of the best rivalries this state has to offer! Maryville holds a 59-23 advantage in the history of this matchup. Discuss!

I think playing Webb will help Maryville prepare for Alcoa. Webb is very physical. I gurantee you Alcoa has no defender like Brant Mitchell. Not dissing any Alcoa defenders at all. Just telling everyone how good Mitchell is.

Webb's Mitchell is one of the best in the state. He did not come off the field Friday night against Maryville. Big, fast, tough and never gave up. The Webb game was a big test for the Rebels as well. I am not sure Alcoa was tested as much. But it's The Battle of Pistol Creek. Throw everything out the window and see what happens on the field. MHS wins but not decided until late in the game. 

The first Maryville-Alcoa game I remember paying attention to was the 2000 game(a 14-7 win by Alcoa). The 2000 season was quite a feat by Maryville going 6-4 in the regular season and winning the Blue Cross Bowl.

Maryville had 9 first team suspended for 4 games. Yes the went 0-4, but then 11-0. Alcoa won due to an interception by defensive back named Harris I believe. He picked of  the pass and ran it back for a TD giving Alcoa the win. 

I know kind of weird coming from an OR fan starting this thread, but I always LOVE this game. I know Alcoeee will have played 3 games in approximately 8 days, but I am sure they rested their starters 2nd half vs Smith County and the same will probably happen when they play the Hurricanes of Mo-Town East. Maryville is coming off of a good win against a very good Webb team 28-7. Who takes this one and why? Can Alcoa keep it close this year, unlike last year? I hope both teams stay healthy and may the best team win. Here's to one of the best rivalries this state has to offer! Maryville holds a 59-23 advantage in the history of this matchup. Discuss!

I think playing Webb will help Maryville prepare for Alcoa. Webb is very physical. I gurantee you Alcoa has no defender like Brant Mitchell. Not dissing any Alcoa defenders at all. Just telling everyone how good Mitchell is.