Marion @ Bledsoe

BleedPurple13

I agree that 21 and 24 give you two more dynamic runners, but Zemen is still special. I think Marion County is by far the best team in the valley. They have been waiting on this year since these seniors were freshmen.

Yep, he's the player that makes all third and three situations look not so formidable.  Great that the MC offense is able to give him significant rest; he's a handful on defense too.  I'm excited about this MC team; time will tell whether they're as dominate as you believe.  They very well may be.  Still believe several teams can compete with them yet.

Yep, he's the player that makes all third and three situations look not so formidable. Great that the MC offense is able to give him significant rest; he's a handful on defense too. I'm excited about this MC team; time will tell whether they're as dominate as you believe. They very well may be. Still believe several teams can compete with them yet.

I love my pirates, but I like to see all the valley teams do well. I think this is Marion's best team since 2008 and could prove to be better. The 2008 and 2014 teams are the best in Jasper since 1995.

Now OP don't try to take a slick swing on the kinfolk because you fear that the tide might be turning this year. The valley hasn't been loaded like you make it sound every year SP has swept it. It has fluctuated from year to year. Just so happens that when the talent was down, SP talent was down also but had just enough althetes to be better than every one else. Its not even a guarantee that MC will win this year. The old ball coach and the band says you old timers should know that anything can happen in a season. You fellers been in the spot light since 2006, and have been on the winning side of this rivalry since that year. Oldfaithful is a little down on the orange and black posters. Support your Pirates, they play hard till the last second and thats all that a fan base can ask for. I understand that the fans have been spoiled for the last several years but its time to take those rose colored glasses off. Afraid the glory years of SP football might have came and gone already. Let me put it this way, SP might not ever see another run like this previous one. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, Oldfaithful has nothing but respect for OP almost all the Pirate posters. Heck Oldfaithful is old enough to have had youngns play for the orange and black and the purple and white. The old ball coach and the band say that SP is still the favorites against MC this year until proven other wise. There has only been one game played this season, lets give it time and let the season run its course.Anyhows, Oldfaithful figures that Ross and MC will find a way win this week! Play mistake free offense and hard nose D and you boys will be fine!

Old faithful is right about the run we have been on. Those types of streaks don't happen a lot. The last 10 years SP has had some great teams. It goes in cycles. I believe when I first came on to CoachT in July of 2008 I said this run would last through 2013. It pretty much was that way. We had a chance about every week regardless of the opponent. We have to take the good with the bad. Prepare hard, play disciplined, execute to the best of your ability and play with pirate pride and class. At the end of the day that's all any of us can ask from the players and coaches.

I love my pirates, but I like to see all the valley teams do well. I think this is Marion's best team since 2008 and could prove to be better. The 2008 and 2014 teams are the best in Jasper since 1995.

Nohope admits to being prejudiced on this matter and says that will be one tough accomplishment for this MC team.  Good luck on achieving that status.  Big difference between the two teams is strength of schedule and preseason expectations.  2008 team was universally predicted by all Valley experts to be doormats; turned out to be the brightest lights at MC since the glory years.  My prediction for this team is they fall just a little bit short.  JMO

Now OP don't try to take a slick swing on the kinfolk because you fear that the tide might be turning this year. The valley hasn't been loaded like you make it sound every year SP has swept it. It has fluctuated from year to year. Just so happens that when the talent was down, SP talent was down also but had just enough althetes to be better than every one else. Its not even a guarantee that MC will win this year. The old ball coach and the band says you old timers should know that anything can happen in a season. You fellers been in the spot light since 2006, and have been on the winning side of this rivalry since that year. Oldfaithful is a little down on the orange and black posters. Support your Pirates, they play hard till the last second and thats all that a fan base can ask for. I understand that the fans have been spoiled for the last several years but its time to take those rose colored glasses off. Afraid the glory years of SP football might have came and gone already. Let me put it this way, SP might not ever see another run like this previous one. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, Oldfaithful has nothing but respect for OP almost all the Pirate posters. Heck Oldfaithful is old enough to have had youngns play for the orange and black and the purple and white. The old ball coach and the band say that SP is still the favorites against MC this year until proven other wise. There has only been one game played this season, lets give it time and let the season run its course.Anyhows, Oldfaithful figures that Ross and MC will find a way win this week! Play mistake free offense and hard nose D and you boys will be fine!

LOPAO, Yous either new or ain't been much attention to OP's post for best part of a decade. The SValley one time was a hot bed for great feuds, but has not been good fer a HEEP of years! Us old fellers sure wish it was good solid competition agin. Jasper's current team ain't close to being in the Top Ten to wear the Purple in the last 25 years. That holds true for the 2013 Pirates as well. Point is, teams in the valley ain't what they once was. But nor do they have to be! OP loves the Pirates and grieves when feuds are lost. Again the Pirates have their hands full with the schedule and have to work on things they can fix, technique, turnovers, senseless penalties and execution. They need more team work, btw is a great thing because theys a tad short on real game breakers! Jasper has a couple of real threats! Good luck to the kinfolkes round the jailhouse until Halloween. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Let me see if I can convince people of your opinion nophope. Marion County's 2008 seniors started that season with their 3rd head coach in 4 years. Their previous records were 5-6 in 07, 4-7 in 06, and 7-5 in 05. No program stability at all and each coach input a new offense and defense. Nohope hit it dead on the head these guys were expected to finish .500 if lucky. They lost to SP, and then lost to Boyd Buchannon 21-20. Which I don't make excuses but Boyd made a 2 point conversion earlier in the game with 2 or 3 of thier lineman clearly jumping the gun early and getting key blocks. Hopefully Reaction can recall this or reply if Oldfaithful is wrong. Week 3 they played a tough Tyner team and beat them soundly 30-20 which might I add was the first time Marion County beat Tyner in 13 years. They beat a senior heavy York Institute team at York 34-0 on senior night. That team beat MC twice the year before 19-7 in the season and then 24-6 in the playoffs. Also they hosted York in the first round and won 21-12. That was the first time in 13 years that Marion County hosted a 1st round playoff game and only the 2nd time they advanced pass the 1st round since 95. Then they traveled on the road to play a very good Smith County team in a absolute slobber knocker and was almost robbed due to some home cookin but won 18-13. After that they traveled up to the city to play Boyd who had Hughes back and that game was one of the all time best I have seen in my time. MC got the win 7-6. Which I must add that MC won by the same score that SP beat Boyd by in the regular season at SP. Then instead of getting to host the 4th round and Alcoa having to make a 2 hour trip to MC, due to a "technicality" MC had to travel to Alcoa who had won 4 state championships in a row. The final wound up being 30-14 but it was 16-14 with around 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter until MC had a costly turnover. No other 2A team played Alcoa that hard in thier run of state championships. Thier oppenents overall combined record for the year was 71-61. They played Boyd and York twice that year. I see where you are coming from Nohope. If Alcoa was in 3A like they moved up to the next year those boys would have a ring on their finger right now and thier picture on the billboard. That team will not be forgotten by the true Marion County faithful. The ole ball coach and the band said that team and those seniors achieved legend status in thier eyes. One of the best teams to ever come through MC.

Old faithful is right about the run we have been on. Those types of streaks don't happen a lot. The last 10 years SP has had some great teams. It goes in cycles. I believe when I first came on to CoachT in July of 2008 I said this run would last through 2013. It pretty much was that way. We had a chance about every week regardless of the opponent. We have to take the good with the bad. Prepare hard, play disciplined, execute to the best of your ability and play with pirate pride and class. At the end of the day that's all any of us can ask from the players and coaches.

You're def right about cycles.. MC won 8 in a row twice in 80s and 90s