Sequatchie co @ Grundy co

Quest4titles

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree that until Grundy starts taking football serious they will never be very good.

I totally agree valley expert. When you hire a head coach that's never even coached at all! What do you expect?? Then he loves reading the post here on coachT and changes screen names ever so often just so he can or family member can defend him! Yea Tallahassee I'm talking about you. Sounds like that Jr. jacket coach might be threatening someone's job if they keep putting up good showings week after week. This has nothing to do with sour grapes it's just getting tired of our boys working there butts off and being humiliated week after week, with no signs of getting any better! That's all. Sequatchie will win big in this one, maybe another Marion game all over again for GC.

Edited by Beavcleaver

I totally agree valley expert. When you hire a head coach that's never even coached at all! What do you expect?? Then he loves reading the post here on coachT and changes screen names ever so often just so he can or family member can defend him! Yea Tallahassee I'm talking about you. Sounds like that Jr. jacket coach might be threatening someone's job if they keep putting up good showings week after week. This has nothing to do with sour grapes it's just getting tired of our boys working there butts off and being humiliated week after week, with no signs of getting any better! That's all. Sequatchie will win big in this one, maybe another Marion game all over again for GC.

Wait, you think I coach for Grundy? Man you're lost. It amazes me that you are so obsessed with the Grundy coaches. Your son couldn't hang, I get it, it hurts. Part of life. Let it go. We wish him the best. But it's time for you to stop crying.

Wait, you think I coach for Grundy? Man you're lost. It amazes me that you are so obsessed with the Grundy coaches. Your son couldn't hang, I get it, it hurts. Part of life. Let it go. We wish him the best. But it's time for you to stop crying.

I support everything at GRUNDY I always have and I always will. If we aren't responsible enough adults to get our student athletes someone that can help them excel on the field, hardwood, or the diamond, then we are failures as adults, parents, coaches, board members, and director of schools! We are suppose to strive to get our athletes into college, you know Brag, sale your great players! Get the word out for them send highlight videos out to schools, help them pad there stats! I'm obsessed with our student athletes not having the great opportunity that they need to get to the next level because of the coaching staffs our board members an director of schools have gave them! That's what rubs me the wrong way knowing that we could be better than 4-6, 5-5 and this years 2 or 3 wins we might get with the talent we have had in the last few years. It's absolutely pitiful!! These jr jackets could go unbeaten this year and the same kids get to high school they will not get above .500 with what's there now. It's the same kids they beat back then as jr jackets but cannot touch them in high school because they are being coached better. It's just frustrated and humiliating!

I support everything at GRUNDY I always have and I always will. If we aren't responsible enough adults to get our student athletes someone that can help them excel on the field, hardwood, or the diamond, then we are failures as adults, parents, coaches, board members, and director of schools! We are suppose to strive to get our athletes into college, you know Brag, sale your great players! Get the word out for them send highlight videos out to schools, help them pad there stats! I'm obsessed with our student athletes not having the great opportunity that they need to get to the next level because of the coaching staffs our board members an director of schools have gave them! That's what rubs me the wrong way knowing that we could be better than 4-6, 5-5 and this years 2 or 3 wins we might get with the talent we have had in the last few years. It's absolutely pitiful!! These jr jackets could go unbeaten this year and the same kids get to high school they will not get above .500 with what's there now. It's the same kids they beat back then as jr jackets but cannot touch them in high school because they are being coached better. It's just frustrated and humiliating!

lets talk about this JR jackets team, whom I haven't seen play by the way. You say they could go undefeated. We lets say they lose their best player for the season, for arguements sake lets say he wears the #3 jersey. Then what would you say their record this year will be? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Because that's what's happened the past two years to the high school team. Last year they lost a player who is probably the best athlete to come through the school in the last 5-7 years. Then when we played that mighty Marion team you speak of we had two more of our better players suspended (off the field issues, although I'm sure you expect Coach Bryant to watch over them while they are at high school parties and 4wheelin in the cove).

So this year we lose our best athlete again (maybe not best player but best athlete). This kid had to have surgery on his chest that I believe was a very serious operation. (I'm sure you expected coach Bryant to heal him also.)

Your last post is so pathetic that I am embarassed for you. If you really did care about Grundy athletics you wouldn't get on a public forum (which the players read) and bash their coach. You're a coward who jumps on a message board, claiming to be a huge fan, when in truth your feelings are hurt because it didn't work out for you. Grow up guy, In the real world when a small plastic garbage can barely bumps into you no one cares.

lets talk about this JR jackets team, whom I haven't seen play by the way. You say they could go undefeated. We lets say they lose their best player for the season, for arguements sake lets say he wears the #3 jersey. Then what would you say their record this year will be? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Because that's what's happened the past two years to the high school team. Last year they lost a player who is probably the best athlete to come through the school in the last 5-7 years. Then when we played that mighty Marion team you speak of we had two more of our better players suspended (off the field issues, although I'm sure you expect Coach Bryant to watch over them while they are at high school parties and 4wheelin in the cove).

So this year we lose our best athlete again (maybe not best player but best athlete). This kid had to have surgery on his chest that I believe was a very serious operation. (I'm sure you expected coach Bryant to heal him also.)

Your last post is so pathetic that I am embarassed for you. If you really did care about Grundy athletics you wouldn't get on a public forum (which the players read) and bash their coach. You're a coward who jumps on a message board, claiming to be a huge fan, when in truth your feelings are hurt because it didn't work out for you. Grow up guy, In the real world when a small plastic garbage can barely bumps into you no one cares.

Wow!

Ok coach let's talk about this. For you to not have seen these jr. Jackets play then how do you know about #3? Well for starters there are 11 players that play on offense and defense. If those lineman doesn't block then how does #3 get anywhere? Apparently your the one needing help and trying to take up for your terrible seasons! So your saying the best talented player you had at gchs in the last 5-7 years was #7? If I'm not mistaken he was a WR. So If you do not have a QB then he can't get the ball thrown to him! Also what about #1 you had him for 4 seasons and he was a stud, which by the way should be playing college ball somewhere. He falls in the category of you not helping him by padding his stats and pushing him to be that type of player! He was a work horse on offense and defense! Also the #8 you are referring to having surgery this year was he not on that team last year also? So was 54, 3, 11, 16, 20, 29, 32, 51, 55, 58, 77, 80, 56 what about all of these kids? See You have had the horses!! But all you keep doing is making excuses year after year! Why don't coach quit making excuses and just own up to it that he can't get the job done. Facts are facts! It's not about me growing up, lol lol lol. They have sports talk shows all the time at every level except high school. But in all reality if you can't do your job good enough to stop the criticism then why try and keep up with it on message boards? Just saying? Spend more time trying to figure out how to win ballgames then worrying about coacht! Like I have said in my past post Dooley was nothing more than a mediocre coach, It took UT a couple of seasons to figure that out. Now look what we have and he has brought back enthusiasm and fire to good ole ROCKY TOP!! My question is where is the fire here at BIG GRUNDY? How long has it been since it's been here? I'm not trying to stir up a stink or hard feelings by any means over my comments I'm just stating my opinion if it offends or bothers people then all I can say is there must be some truth in it. If so let it sink in. Edited by Beavcleaver

Ok coach let's talk about this. For you to not have seen these jr. Jackets play then how do you know about #3? Well for starters there are 11 players that play on offense and defense. If those lineman doesn't block then how does #3 get anywhere? Apparently your the one needing help and trying to take up for your terrible seasons! So your saying the best talented player you had at gchs in the last 5-7 years was #7? If I'm not mistaken he was a WR. So If you do not have a QB then he can't get the ball thrown to him! Also what about #1 you had him for 4 seasons and he was a stud, which by the way should be playing college ball somewhere. He falls in the category of you not helping him by padding his stats and pushing him to be that type of player! He was a work horse on offense and defense! Also the #8 you are referring to having surgery this year was he not on that team last year also? So was 54, 3, 11, 16, 20, 29, 32, 51, 55, 58, 77, 80, 56 what about all of these kids? See You have had the horses!! But all you keep doing is making excuses year after year! Why don't coach quit making excuses and just own up to it that he can't get the job done. Facts are facts! It's not about me growing up, lol lol lol. They have sports talk shows all the time at every level except high school. But in all reality if you can't do your job good enough to stop the criticism then why try and keep up with it on message boards? Just saying? Spend more time trying to figure out how to win ballgames then worrying about coacht! Like I have said in my past post Dooley was nothing more than a mediocre coach, It took UT a couple of seasons to figure that out. Now look what we have and he has brought back enthusiasm and fire to good ole ROCKY TOP!! My question is where is the fire here at BIG GRUNDY? How long has it been since it's been here? I'm not trying to stir up a stink or hard feelings by any means over my comments I'm just stating my opinion if it offends or bothers people then all I can say is there must be some truth in it. If so let it sink in.

A lot of jr teams does well and then don't do well in high school

You know the stupidity of adults never ceases to amaze me.

1. Beaver- Since you and I and especially Jamie Jacks knows that you're NOT Jamie Jacks could you please quit leaving that item just hang out there in this debate since in has a direct impact on a great kid that has done everything possible to move on from "last year's events"???? It would really be nice for you to put that issue to rest. You don't have to say who you are but you should not let folks think you're someone you're not.

2. Tallahassee your comment that "your son couldn't hang" casts epic doubts on you having any intelligence at all. By making that statement you're basically saying that Levi "couldn't survive/compete/exist" within the "Known worldwide toughest high school program on the planet...aka Grundy" but he's doing just fine "hanging" with the "wimpy/weak/kick-back-and-relax Sequatchie program" coached by the "known far and wide easiest-going-lets-his-players-chill-all-the-time Ken Colquette." Is that what you're trying to say? As one poster said a post or two back..."Wow!" If that's what you think you have got to be the smartest football guy ever.....or probably not.

3. It seems to me that the Jacks family has moved on from the situation. I'm quite sure Levi has. He is playing ball and wants to do well for his team. He also has nothing but love for his friends on the mountain and on the Grundy team. Bringing all this crap back up is without question unfair to him and the players on BOTH teams.

4. Mouthing off about him in any way is bashing a player/kid and I won't put up with it. I don't wear my moderator hat very often anymore but I'll put it back on for crap like this. So I'm flat out telling you to stop. Not one more word about it. Anything else posted about it gets deleted by me. Keep it up after that and I'll request CoachT ban you and your IP address. You do know they can track IP addresses right?

5. Debate coaches/teams and who will win all you want. But bashing a kid ain't going to fly. 

If you have issues with anything said in this post...... my name is David Lowrie and I ain't hard to find..

Edited by DelTavian