Here's a great Maryville team of the past

BigDave1967

Because it's Alcoa-Maryville week here's a great Maryville team of the past. The 15-0 1998 Maryville State Champions.

W 35-10 over Alcoa

W 20-0 over Knox Central

W 38-7 over Heritage

W 27-3 over Powell

W 65-7 over William Blount

W 42-16 over Carter

W 45-7 over Anderson County

W 42-6 over South Doyle

W 32-28 over Halls

W 39-7 over East Ridge

W 34-7 over Powell

W 27-21 over Knox Central

W 20-16 over Elizabethton

W 52-20 over Whites Creek

Because it's Alcoa-Maryville week here's a great Maryville team of the past. The 15-0 1998 Maryville State Champions.

W 35-10 over Alcoa

W 20-0 over Knox Central

W 38-7 over Heritage

W 27-3 over Powell

W 42-16 over Carter

W 42-6 over South Doyle

W 32-28 over Halls

W 39-7 over East Ridge

W 34-7 over Powell

W 35-10 over Alcoa

W 20-0 over Knox Central

W 38-7 over Heritage

W 27-3 over Powell

W 42-16 over Carter

W 42-6 over South Doyle

W 32-28 over Halls

W 39-7 over East Ridge

W 34-7 over Powell

Wasn't that the year theWB  coaches son came onto the field giving the Maryville fans the finger before receiving the opening kickoff?  And then he promptly fumbled the kick-off? 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville beat WB 65-7 that year and WB turned right around and beat maryville the next year. Talk about a major turnaround.

Heritage and Wm Blount beat Maryville that year, the only time that has ever happened I believe.  MHS lost to Central in the quarter finals that year. Not he same year but one of the best games for Wm Blount was the victory over #1 ranked Dobyns Bennet in Kingsport, when Reese McMahan was QB and injured. He took his team into the final minutes and had to come out as his injury became worse. I believe "WoJo" (Wojihowski?)  came in at QB and took WM Blount into the end zone in the final minute for the win. McMahan's performance was  one of the grittiest performances by a high school player ever. 

Heritage and Wm Blount beat Maryville that year, the only time that has ever happened I believe.  MHS lost to Central in the quarter finals that year. Not he same year but one of the best games for Wm Blount was the victory over #1 ranked Dobyns Bennet in Kingsport, when Reese McMahan was QB and injured. He took his team into the final minutes and had to come out as his injury became worse. I believe "WoJo" (Wojihowski?)  came in at QB and took WM Blount into the end zone in the final minute for the win. McMahan's performance was  one of the grittiest performances by a high school player ever.

I coached Reese in Basketball for the boys Club,we went to Johnson City and won the first tournament game ever for the Blount County Boys Club.Reese set the record for most 3's in a game for that perticular tourn.He was a heck of an athlete!

I lived in Carterville,Georgia in 1998. I moved to Maryville in 2000(When I became a Maryville fan).

Big Dave,

Every summer when I was a kid we drove to Daytona Beach for vacation.  We'd always leave around 5 in the morning and stop for breakfast at a greasy spoon in Cartersville.  I want to think it was called Morelli's maybe.  It was right off the interstate seems like.  Familiar with it?

Rebels,

Seems like we actually kicked a field goal for the win against DB.  I remember standing right behind the goalposts and watching the ball just barely drop beyond the crossbar.  Reese went back out and played the last series of defense with a severely separated shoulder (he was pretty tough).  That was the year the Gov's might have had a shot at getting close to Murfreesboro, but Reese was not able to play next game and without him, the Governors were just not the same team.

Big Dave,

Every summer when I was a kid we drove to Daytona Beach for vacation.  We'd always leave around 5 in the morning and stop for breakfast at a greasy spoon in Cartersville.  I want to think it was called Morelli's maybe.  It was right off the interstate seems like.  Familiar with it?

Big Dave,

I think I remember it. It's been awhile