William Blount vs. Hardin Valley

Governm

They have one less loss than WB. Their loss also came to a team that would mercy rule the two teams that beat you. I just think it is funny you try to have a tallest midget contest anytime someone brings some logic your way. One contest you'll always win is smallest wang.

ended up spitting out half my coffee laughing at this one

True but they were playing Karns, one of the worst, if not the worst team in this whole area. WB had a tough loss to a good team because of 1 too many turnovers and mistakes. Our offense has been able to move the ball at will but has failed to end the drives in touchdowns. If they can cut out the mistakes we can win this game.

Gov 91, why do you always pick WB mistakes to point out as if no other team ever makes mistakes?  Our offense moved the ball pretty well and had about as many yards as we had in the Loudon game.  You point out that we nearly won that game had it not been for mistakes, but you don't mention that MoEast turned it over to us deep in their territory before half, and we threw one of our jump balls up to #11, happened right in front of me, he and db goes up and db actually has the ball for interception and as they fall out of bounds the db loses control and the ball bounces into #11's arms as he was laying out of bounds and the ref signals td....we need breaks like that, and I will take them, but my point is we benefitted from a MoEast turnover and a bad call by the ref to get our first td.  You seem to never see these things.

Then in the second half, the starting QB throws his 4th int on a screen pass and it is returned for what looks like a td, but defender slows down and is hit one foot  from the goal line and fumbles ball out of bounds, which was a touchback and WB ball on the 20.  Those are just two instances that I am giving you where WB caught a break on the other teams mistakes, one gave us a td, and the other one took a potential td away from them, that is a 14 point swing.  The kids did play harder in this game, but you can paint the picture any way you want to paint it, if we had not caught these breaks, this game would have not even been close.

In another post you speak of the QB throwing into coverage, but then you brag on those jump balls that end up in a td....The starter is coached to throw that ball to #11 in coverage, the jump balls ended up in 3 td's the other night but I think it also accounted for 2 of his int's, so you can't brag on it when it turns out good and down it when it turns out to be a turnover, it is one of those things that #11 is good enough to go up and get some of those , but it is also going to go the other way sometimes.

Its either coached or allowed. To that end I'm not sure it is the QBs fault, but the coaching staff. Either for not teaching him well enough to execute the play, or for continuing to put him out there to do the same things. Good teams don't turn it over. Bad teams talk about how good they'd be if they didn't turn it over so much.

Hey man, how is the team looking?  Let me know when you have an open date and may be in town, maybe me and my son could buy you lunch.  Would like to get your take on some things that I would rather not put on here, and I don't want to put any of the local coaches in an uncomfortable situation.

Hope your team does well this season...

Hey man, how is the team looking?  Let me know when you have an open date and may be in town, maybe me and my son could buy you lunch.  Would like to get your take on some things that I would rather not put on here, and I don't want to put any of the local coaches in an uncomfortable situation.

Hope your team does well this season...

We are pretty good. Won 1st one big. I won't be back in town until hopefully Christmas time. My email is on the website. Feel free to hit me up. Best of luck going forward.

Gov 91, why do you always pick WB mistakes to point out as if no other team ever makes mistakes? Our offense moved the ball pretty well and had about as many yards as we had in the Loudon game. You point out that we nearly won that game had it not been for mistakes, but you don't mention that MoEast turned it over to us deep in their territory before half, and we threw one of our jump balls up to #11, happened right in front of me, he and db goes up and db actually has the ball for interception and as they fall out of bounds the db loses control and the ball bounces into #11's arms as he was laying out of bounds and the ref signals td....we need breaks like that, and I will take them, but my point is we benefitted from a MoEast turnover and a bad call by the ref to get our first td. You seem to never see these things.

Then in the second half, the starting QB throws his 4th int on a screen pass and it is returned for what looks like a td, but defender slows down and is hit one foot from the goal line and fumbles ball out of bounds, which was a touchback and WB ball on the 20. Those are just two instances that I am giving you where WB caught a break on the other teams mistakes, one gave us a td, and the other one took a potential td away from them, that is a 14 point swing. The kids did play harder in this game, but you can paint the picture any way you want to paint it, if we had not caught these breaks, this game would have not even been close.

In another post you speak of the QB throwing into coverage, but then you brag on those jump balls that end up in a td....The starter is coached to throw that ball to #11 in coverage, the jump balls ended up in 3 td's the other night but I think it also accounted for 2 of his int's, so you can't brag on it when it turns out good and down it when it turns out to be a turnover, it is one of those things that #11 is good enough to go up and get some of those , but it is also going to go the other way sometimes.

I never said other teams don't make mistakes. But that is irrelevant to me. I'm more concerned about my team leaving points out on the field. The fact is we lost by 11 points and we turned the ball over atleast 3 times in their territory when we had good drives going. And the fact is if we had finished those drives and put points on the board that game would have been a W for the Govs. It is what it is and we lost that game but I would love more than anything for this team and coaching staff to use this loss as a learning experience and make the necessary changes so we can start winning these games. As I said we are right there.. Knocking on the Door... We just have to quit being our own worst enemy.

I never said other teams don't make mistakes. But that is irrelevant to me. I'm more concerned about my team leaving points out on the field. The fact is we lost by 11 points and we turned the ball over atleast 3 times in their territory when we had good drives going. And the fact is if we had finished those drives and put points on the board that game would have been a W for the Govs. It is what it is and we lost that game but I would love more than anything for this team and coaching staff to use this loss as a learning experience and make the necessary changes so we can start winning these games. As I said we are right there.. Knocking on the Door... We just have to quit being our own worst enemy.

When it comes to talking football, you are as lost as a ball in high weeds.....You literally have no clue.  I believe on the other thread you said, "WB has been right there knocking on the door since 2008", so in your opinion 15 wins in 6 years is "knocking on the door"?

I strongly disagree with you guys and here's why... If you are playing good teams close it means you aren't far off from being on their level and having winning records and making the playoffs. For WB it has come down to 1 or 2 bad plays,1 or 2 bad possessions,or 1 or 2 turnovers so many times it isn't even funny. You chastise me for pointing this fact out while you have been confident in a team that has only won 1 game in the past 2 years and most of those losses have been blowouts. But you want to talk smack about WB. When was the last time Heritage was in a close game with a quality team and had a chance to win if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot or blow it? I will anxiously await your answer to this question. And I know that moral victories don't count and close losses are still losses. My hope is that we stop shooting ourselves in the foot and start winning the games we should be winning and soon.

Everything you think about your team leads me to think they are or at least close to being a quality in your opinion. They beat Heritage by 1 point last year. So to answer your question in your strange logic I would say that Heritage lost a close game to a team right above them in the pecking order last year.