Coalfield at Greenback

orngnblk

Gentlemen understand we are not were we need to be yet.Yes we have beat a 3A,4A and a 2A team but not one of these teams would finsh second or third in our District,so playoffs and Cookeville are too far off to comment on and one or two injuries away from a disasterous season.SPitt is still the team to beat in the East regardless.Union City is the best team in our division and i would say 2A also,so no one from round here is living in the spirit world.We just want to try and win next week!

:thumb: Exactly.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper, this game looks like a mismatch. Greenback is 3-0 and is on a roll, while Coalfield is 2-1. The Cherokees have loads of talent and from reports are healthy. On the other hand, Coalfield has lost three starters, including an all-state player, to ACL injury. Four of their top five running backs are either done for the season, out for a few weeks, or playing with injury. A starting lineman has been lost for the season, so Coalfield has been trying to figure out a different lineup each week. Add to the fact that play the toughest Class 1A schedule in the state makes for a tough road. However, Coalfield coach Keith Henry and his staff will continue to keep working hard to make sure the team is at their best as the season progresses and will be a tough battle come playoff time. 

The Nation will rise up and win this one by at least 3 touchdowns. Greenback should be in the semifinals of quad 1.

Old Pirate jest got a feeling deputy, Yous & Deputy Butchie is Lane Kiffin disciples! Probably trying to catch a glimpse of him & his play sheet on the Tide sideline! LOPAO....... Edited by OLD PIRATE

I think orngnblk will remember this, this team can not over look anyone. In 1987 remember what we did against Vonore? Went in at halftime wit a 7-6 lead. This team needs to stay focus and play one game at a time. They are very talented but when it come to COALFIELD and GREENBACK football games all records and stats can be thrown out with the trash .

I think orngnblk will remember this, this team can not over look anyone. In 1987 remember what we did against Vonore? Went in at halftime wit a 7-6 lead. This team needs to stay focus and play one game at a time. They are very talented but when it come to COALFIELD and GREENBACK football games all records and stats can be thrown out with the trash .

Oh Yes i remember,other than Copper Basin and Richland we were behind in every playoff game also,but i think you remember those outcomes also!HAHA.This and Oneida are always one you can throw the what ifs and maybes out the door!This team cant afford to overlook anyone,line play is too inconsistant and would be hard to fight from behind as we could the last couple of yrs. Edited by orngnblk

I hope he is healthy that will make for a much better game.Still GHS should win this game,CHS just doesnt have the horses this yr.

After finding out some more info Coalfield has gotten some key athletes back,GB should still win this game but it will be a battle.This will be worth the price of admission if any of you upper classification fans dont have a game to watch this one will be the one to see.I am excited about this one i originally thought a blowout but i dont think so now.WTD!

This game will have my attention....after watching the Purple Tigers play my Indians....and I will be getting updates on the phone. (secret agents of mine are making the trip)  Bible returning to the line-up would conceivably give Coalfield a chance IMO, if he is healthy.  If he is less than 100% , then I would be surprised if they don't have enough bullets in the gun.  Coalfield's QB is going to be very good in the future with more experience under his belt.  He has some raw talent, but one kid can only do so much in an 11 man game.  I expect GB to win, but Coalfield has some players that give them a legitimate shot. (I mean they do have one mountain of a lineman, and I heard they got another one growing)  OB, have a good week worrying over this one a little.  Remember, on any given Friday Night......!

Kaz

This game will have my attention....after watching the Purple Tigers play my Indians....and I will be getting updates on the phone. (secret agents of mine are making the trip)  Bible returning to the line-up would conceivably give Coalfield a chance IMO, if he is healthy.  If he is less than 100% , then I would be surprised if they don't have enough bullets in the gun.  Coalfield's QB is going to be very good in the future with more experience under his belt.  He has some raw talent, but one kid can only do so much in an 11 man game.  I expect GB to win, but Coalfield has some players that give them a legitimate shot. (I mean they do have one mountain of a lineman, and I heard they got another one growing)  OB, have a good week worrying over this one a little.  Remember, on any given Friday Night......!

Kaz

Kaz i agree,first of the year info changed in the SB game,i dont think they played the big dogs in the KCHS game and i cant say i blame them.Why risk getting someone hurt in sure loss.I do believe they will use every weapon in the arsenal in this one.It could be interesting!