WEEK 4 SCORES (Sept 8 - 14)

Booger

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell v Hardin Valley looks to be a good one. What did Webb look like?

Good question. Unfortunately, I didn't see the entire game; I wasn't super impressed with Webb, based on what I saw. They're a good team, but not great. I'm still not entirely sold on Powell, which is why I say that. Webb scored a goal late in the first half, but Powell was clearly the better team (better offensively and defensively), scoring twice in the first half, and two more times in the second half. I think Webb's only quality win so far is against Karns.

Kudos to the Panthers. Unfortunately, soccer has always been an afterthought at Powell, but this is shaping up to be the best season they've had in the team's ~20 year history. They've already collected wins against DB, Tennessee High, and Morristown West, and their defense has been very impressive. They still have to take care of business against Karns and Oak Ridge, but the Hardin Valley game next week will be the real benchmark for this team. A win against the Hawks would certainly put them in the conversation with the top teams in 4-AAA.

One other plug - I don't know what it would take to change this, but the Lady Panthers deserve to be playing their games at the high school stadium (so the whole community can come out and watch), instead of playing at the middle school fields (which has limited/no seating options). I'm sure it has something to do with "preserving" the football field, but it wasn't that long ago when the soccer teams at Powell played their games at the stadium instead of being relegated to the middle school fields.

Good question. Unfortunately, I didn't see the entire game; I wasn't super impressed with Webb, based on what I saw. They're a good team, but not great. I'm still not entirely sold on Powell, which is why I say that. Webb scored a goal late in the first half, but Powell was clearly the better team (better offensively and defensively), scoring twice in the first half, and two more times in the second half. I think Webb's only quality win so far is against Karns.

Kudos to the Panthers. Unfortunately, soccer has always been an afterthought at Powell, but this is shaping up to be the best season they've had in the team's ~20 year history. They've already collected wins against DB, Tennessee High, and Morristown West, and their defense has been very impressive. They still have to take care of business against Karns and Oak Ridge, but the Hardin Valley game next week will be the real benchmark for this team. A win against the Hawks would certainly put them in the conversation with the top teams in 4-AAA.

One other plug - I don't know what it would take to change this, but the Lady Panthers deserve to be playing their games at the high school stadium (so the whole community can come out and watch), instead of playing at the middle school fields (which has limited/no seating options). I'm sure it has something to do with "preserving" the football field, but it wasn't that long ago when the soccer teams at Powell played their games at the stadium instead of being relegated to the middle school fields.

Congrats to Powell. Seems like things are coming together.

Webb has dominated DCA so I'm curious as to what they have this year. They are clearly better than DCA but the little lady cats will have to play great to stay with Webb.

McMinn County is solid. Probably the strongest back line that you will see this year. Plus the GK has a good nose for the ball....especially when it comes to PK's. She made two awesome saves last night against East Hamilton.

They get a little sloppy at times with their passing. But when adversity strikes they seem to answer the bell. They seem to start slow but finish strong.

I have a difficult time deciding if Powell is the real deal or not. I agree that the game against Hardin Valley will be a benchmark for this team. HVA has wins against #2 Ravenwood and #8 Farragut already this season, so Powell has a chance to prove themselves in a big way.

hopefully that's a typo!  Or a football score.  No soccer coach I know would allow that even after he or she cleared the bench!

nope! Don't think it was a typo...not only did Greenville put 17 up Claiborne, they put up 16 on Cosby in an earlier game....history has shown that they have a habit of doing that

GPS 1

ND 0

....should cooda wooda...i know Boogerette would have like to have gotten 1 on them before she wrapped it up, but one of II AA best has been able to stay ahead of A-AA best on this one...The giants prevail

great play tonight between both teams, what a great series and always a great rivalry; the bruisers have to feel good about squeezing this one out on the little girls

We could not take down one of II AA best, but the Irish gave it a great effort...opportunities we had, but they had us under wraps for about 20 minutes up front of the game and close the deal on it.

...TG was punting the ball 70 yds tonight and DEFENDED beautifully and prooves why she is going to play at the next level for a 3X national champion...wish Boogerette and TG could have landed at their next collegiate together....unbelievable! 

Really wish I could have been there....Maybe I can bring some luck at a future game....

D