Oakdale @ Wartburg

wpasi

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakdale is not my team but I'm definitely pulling for them. I looked at their schedule on here and seen where 3 of the 4 wins have been on the road including the last 2 games (which they lost last year). They face another road test this week against wartburg (who beat them last year) and I hope to make it out to this one. Good luck Eagles

Would 6-4 get them in the playoffs? Anyone know when the last playoff appearance was?

If a team doesn't finish 1st or 2nd in their district ,they have to depend upon a wildcard playoff spot, through a multitude of tie-breakers in the notorious Z-plan playoff format.

I would say 6-4 would get them in. The Z-plan ends after this year. Next year top 4 in each 8 regions will make playoffs. Oakdale's last playoff appearance was '96. I for one wish them the best of luck.

After being a doormat for a very long time, their program's turnaround is a feel good story to say the least. Anyone that can't appreciate the story and wish them continued success needs to check their pulse to see if they need medical attention. 

Again, I'm wishing them the best and hope they make the playoffs.

Maybe the AP writers will take notice and give them a mention with 12 or more points when they release the next AP 1a poll. As I recall, one AP writer gave Moore County a 1st place vote last year after being shutout in consecutive ballgames. :popcorneater:  

Kaz sez:  Oakdale wins by at least 2 scores.  Wartburg will be hard pressed to win against what appears to be a solid Eagle team.  Wartburg is just down, although I would not nessesarily put that on the coach because his coaching seems to fit his personnal.  I'm sure half of the fans probably disagree with that assessment, but it is what I see.

Kaz