Whitehaven hasn't fallen off, teams are stronger now!

coach10ac

KWC and BHS are both correct. Our league is so weak that we need to play teams like WH, Central, and others. Our kids give their all and it is mostly a close game deep into the 2nd half before depth takes over. I know we are not on the level of WH but it is a good game between two schools that border each other. The WH Classic has become the top High School Classic in Memphis. It is standing room only. It started in 07-08 school year when the Bridges Classic played hard ball with WH and Mitchell. Vincent Hunter, John Ware, Clint Jackson, Rodney Saulsberry , R.C. Slocum, and myself decide to start our own classic and it is now a huge event.

Galilee:

I remember what happened. WH went 5-5 the previous year. That next year the people at the Bridges KO Classic excluded Whitehaven. I knew that ticked off Dr. Hunter. He and I have never talked about it, but I know the man, and we didn't have to talk about it. Sure enough, the next year, the Whitehaven Classic was born, and it's been thriving ever since. I go every year, and I will continue to go and support the schools and see all of the neighboring teams play. It doesn't work unless the people like me show up and buy tickets. The folks out in the north part of town have duplicated the WC and created the North Memphis Classic this year. I was glad to see that. Raleigh-Egypt, Craigmont, Trezevant, MLK Prep, BTW, and MAHS I think. I hope they can be successful with their event as we have been with ours.

♪♫♪♫I know who you're talkin bout...♪♫♪♫

admirals_farragut_boys_varsity_soccer_sp

Hmm... Now that I think on it WB has Russian. The possibilities... Oh the possibilities. Perhaps a few maryville and alcoa players will be transferring to WB to take Russian. And I may or may not be providing them with trailers in Alnwick trailer park. :popcorneater: