Goodpasture Football 2014

Rainwater

1st 3 people I would call would be Paul Wade at Ensworth and Anthony Crabtree at Beech, and John McNeal at Friendship.     If you are willing to spend the money, you can get Wade.  Crabtree is probably 10 years away from a public school retirement, but if you can up his salary you might be able to get him.  Both of those are underappreciated at their current schools.  McNeal would be a definite phone call and would have been great in a football/baseball hire, but think it would be impossible for him to leave.    

A 2nd tier group I would look at would include: 

1.) Jay Gore - McGavock

2.) Scott Blade - Independence

3.) Jeff Brothers - NCS

If you go with the coordinator route, then I would look at: 

1.) Jody Atwood at FCS

2.) David Peden at BGA 

There will be plenty of applicants.  Goodpasture just needs to be aggressive.  

Please take #3 off your 2nd tier list - we're not ready to give him up  ;)

1st 3 people I would call would be Paul Wade at Ensworth and Anthony Crabtree at Beech, and John McNeal at Friendship. If you are willing to spend the money, you can get Wade. Crabtree is probably 10 years away from a public school retirement, but if you can up his salary you might be able to get him. Both of those are underappreciated at their current schools. McNeal would be a definite phone call and would have been great in a football/baseball hire, but think it would be impossible for him to leave.

A 2nd tier group I would look at would include:

1.) Jay Gore - McGavock

2.) Scott Blade - Independence

3.) Jeff Brothers - NCS

If you go with the coordinator route, then I would look at:

1.) Jody Atwood at FCS

2.) David Peden at BGA

There will be plenty of applicants. Goodpasture just needs to be aggressive.

These are all good choices, since you appear to have some inside knowledge, why did Goodpasture not go after one of these men the last time?

1st 3 people I would call would be Paul Wade at Ensworth and Anthony Crabtree at Beech, and John McNeal at Friendship.     If you are willing to spend the money, you can get Wade.  Crabtree is probably 10 years away from a public school retirement, but if you can up his salary you might be able to get him.  Both of those are underappreciated at their current schools.  McNeal would be a definite phone call and would have been great in a football/baseball hire, but think it would be impossible for him to leave.    

Wade is "Head Coach in waiting" at the E.  He ain't going nowhere.

These are all good choices, since you appear to have some inside knowledge, why did Goodpasture not go after one of these men the last time?

I think the last time, the administration thought everything "was fine" and they didn't believe in getting a big name/good coach.  From what I gather, Mote had the least amount of demands and was the cheapest hire, was Church of Christ,  so they went that route.   Mote didn't care to bring an assistant coach, wanted to be back in the midstate, and didn't have an outrageous salary demand. 

Times have changed.  Private school football coaches, HC and coordinators are getting paid.  This time around, Goodpasture will have to drop the Church of Christ requirement, hire a football coach that oversees the program grades 5-12, pay good money, and let them bring an assistant. 

When Martin was let go, looking back I do not believe there was a plan.  They didn't think it would come to a head where there was a change, but between the parents, a weak headmaster, and Martin did not go out of his way to help himself.....something had to give.  

Please take #3 off your 2nd tier list - we're not ready to give him up  ;)

Brothers has definitely done an excellent job at NCS.  He really had no chance to compete at JPII in DII-AA.  I do not see why he would be entertained to leave, he is in a good situation.  Just because he is on my list, doesn't mean he is on RPs.  

Brothers has definitely done an excellent job at NCS.  He really had no chance to compete at JPII in DII-AA.  I do not see why he would be entertained to leave, he is in a good situation.  Just because he is on my list, doesn't mean he is on RPs.  

There are some special things going on at NCS - some in athletics, some in the classroom, some in the administration, etc.  It used to be the best kept secret in Nashville.  But the word is out now.  Pretty sure we are the fastest growing private (percentage-wise) in the area - maybe even the state.  The future looks really bright.

I think the last time, the administration thought everything "was fine" and they didn't believe in getting a big name/good coach. From what I gather, Mote had the least amount of demands and was the cheapest hire, was Church of Christ, so they went that route. Mote didn't care to bring an assistant coach, wanted to be back in the midstate, and didn't have an outrageous salary demand.

Times have changed. Private school football coaches, HC and coordinators are getting paid. This time around, Goodpasture will have to drop the Church of Christ requirement, hire a football coach that oversees the program grades 5-12, pay good money, and let them bring an assistant.

When Martin was let go, looking back I do not believe there was a plan. They didn't think it would come to a head where there was a change, but between the parents, a weak headmaster, and Martin did not go out of his way to help himself.....something had to give.

Well, good luck the rest of the season and I hope this resolves itself for the Goodpasture fans.

In title, yes.   But CRB will not be stepping down anytime soon.   If the money is right, might be time to do something else.  I guarantee had BA offered him instead of Cody White he would have been out the door.   See Hubie Smith. 

Oh, I see.  I thought CRB was about to pack it in and just do basketball.  I guess the ESPN cameras are more alluring than than we all realize.

Goodpasture will not hire anyone who is not Church o Christ, so that really limits the field. I wonder how many on this "power list" from smokestack are CoC? Ricky B is not letting go of Wade, any offer made I'm sure will be countered. Maybe a former Titan, huh, what's Kearse or Haynesworth doing these days? Ha!

Goodpasture will not hire anyone who is not Church o Christ, so that really limits the field. I wonder how many on this "power list" from smokestack are CoC? Ricky B is not letting go of Wade, any offer made I'm sure will be countered. Maybe a former Titan, huh, what's Kearse or Haynesworth doing these days? Ha!

Ens,

The 2 coordinators are C of C.   I do think this time around they will have to do away with that parameter in this search.  It does limit the pool of candidates for sure.  I believe NCS is C of C as well (NCSdad can correct me) so I would assume Brothers would qualify. 

If that parameter is required, I do think Peden or Atwood could coach the program much more effectively than the current coach.  After watching Friday nights, it can't be much worse.  And Lipscomb is going to want to pound little brother into submission on Friday night.