Camden @Huntingdon

Beagle

I'll say this again. If #11(qb) runs the ball half the plays in the game, couldn't they at least get the plays delivered to him in the huddle? There were times last week. Where he was running a extra 70 yards......to get a play!!! If it's going to be the same play over and over, Swenson should just tell him you run this(play) the next ten plays. I just don't get it!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this again. If #11(qb) runs the ball half the plays in the game, couldn't they at least get the plays delivered to him in the huddle? There were times last week. Where he was running a extra 70 yards......to get a play!!! If it's going to be the same play over and over, Swenson should just tell him you run this(play) the next ten plays. I just don't get it!

Fully agree I been saying the same thing since Tyler Warbritton was a senior and running it 80% of the time and playing def as well, at least Dillon doesn't play D.  But still if middle school can call plays from side line I'm pretty sure High School can as well.  Or at least run over the tide end we sure as heck don't use them lol.

Mustangs didn't look to good Vs West Carroll offensively, on 2 TD's, others scored and setup by the two INT's. don't know if its not right players playing, team chemistry, or that we just run same two plays and hard headed, but those two plays will not win in the playoffs.  Agree with earlier post Baker needs some balls thrown to him, almost 90 yards on two catches and single handily got stangs back in it vs good martin team, however even when his hand heals he doesn't need to be in backfield.  He and Sisk seniors with huge hearts and huge effort but sisk is 25%, example vs UC 6 carries minus 1 yd, 1 carry vs WC and fumbled needs to heal up.  Baker needs to be at TE, sadly he can't run the ball without turnovers as he gets great yards and tough, but his straight up running style will continue to turnover ball. 

Stangs will get up for the lions more so than West carroll, but West Carroll defense did good job not taking that away from them.  Swenson is smart and great offensive mind but it seems he is being stubborn and sticking to this single wing heavy package without the back to run it this year.

Would love to see some of the offense that Swenson ran in 2003 that won a state championship, that year had two small scat backs, this year we have three scat backs > if he opened it up more to use their speed it would be exciting.  He may have changes in mind that he has been thinking or practicing but didn't want to show or use vs West carroll may be saving new plays or adjustments for next door lion den, lol.

If Hunt wins turnover ratio they win the game.  Neither teams wins by 14 pts in this one.  Will be 1 score differential win.

Haven't seen the caliber of Brown? They've seen Henry of UC the best back in w tn. UC qb better than Camden's running the read option.

Except I have seen the film he isn't nearly Browns caliber and they don't run the read option UC Runs the veer and nothing but the Veer..They are a very very good team..

[quote name="wmatlock1"

There's a difference in trying to be funny and being just stupid. And that was pretty stupid.I figure Camden wins this game but you won't have the best rb or best running attack Huntingdon has faced

Brown may very well be the best running back you see..but UC definitely has a  better running attack.

What they need is players with the heart like the warbrittons

LOL, unfortunately those type players might come around about every 10 years, we Huntingdon fans, were just fortunate enough to have two brothers a year apart that were tough as 5 penny nails.  They sure were a pleasure to watch.

Huntingdon has good youth coming up though, so you never  know.  Middle school wins doesn't always equal to HS wins, but HMS have like only 1 loss in last 4 years, they will finish undefeated this year for 3 of 4 last seasons undefeated.  Huntingdon will definitely be county champions for 4 more seasons lol, don't know about playoff wins but based on talent alone will be county champs always a good starting point.

Thanks you, yes. Huntingdon is very young at the skill positions mostly sophomores and the lineman are mostly jrs. They've played two very good undefeated teams very tough. With youth comes mistakes. Some nights will look great and other nights they will go backwards. Once they turn the corner though you better hang on, it gonna be wild. These kids are already battle tested. Per season tca, south Gibson and Lexington. Then union city and Martin. That corner could be this Friday night!!