Camden @Huntingdon

Beagle

Thanks you, yes. Huntingdon is very young at the skill positions mostly sophomores and the lineman are mostly jrs. They've played two very good undefeated teams very tough. With youth comes mistakes. Some nights will look great and other nights they will go backwards. Once they turn the corner though you better hang on, it gonna be wild. These kids are already battle tested. Per season tca, south Gibson and Lexington. Then union city and Martin. That corner could be this Friday night!!

How did y'all do against TCA in y'all's scrimmage this summer? Just curious .

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have not beaten Huntingdon til the clocks is at all 00:00s. They play the full game - always have and always will. I can't say I like those Stangs, but I have a lot of respect for Huntingdon football. They have a great program, and the Camden-Huntingdon game has been a good rivalry over the past decades. Huntingdon has won the most, but we're like McKenzie, we are not afraid of them one bit. That's what happens when you have a Tennessee River Rat going after a West TN Cotton Country Clubber. 

Well well, I still think Fri will be a close one with Huntingdon edging out a win if they don't turn it over.  Last year would have been diff less the turn overs.  I will say this If Camden and Blow surprise me this year they better cherish it as they will not win again for four years.  JV game tonight was brutal... I felt sorry for camden guys, literally three of them needed to be checked for concusions as the big freshman ran over them.  Huntingdon is so talented with the young guys coming up.  JV score Huntingdon 48 camden 14.  Huntingdon was way too physical for Camden, they punished them tonight.

I don't say so, the scouts say so, the Jackson Sun says so, the coaches say so, the players he's played say so, and the stats say so. And after Friday night when he has 4 tds and 200 yards, you will say so too my little pony.

jackson sun really ? I've never seen Camden have the best of anything that Huntingdon has seen.

I don't say so, the scouts say so, the Jackson Sun says so, the coaches say so, the players he's played say so, and the stats say so. And after Friday night when he has 4 tds and 200 yards, you will say so too my little pony.

maybe he can prove it Fri night! I will never bad mouth a kid on here, but I'll have to see it to believe it! I don't think he will stack up 200 yards though! I've been more nervous about this game than I was when Huntingdon played against UC. I think the boys will be ready.... Best back they have seen this year or not. Edited by Waker

I don't say so, the scouts say so, the Jackson Sun says so, the coaches say so, the players he's played say so, and the stats say so.  And after Friday night when he has 4 tds and 200 yards, you will say so too my little pony.

BTW when I say this I'm not arguing about your player I am just pointing something out.  The Jackson Sun area does not cover Union City.  The only reason you see them in the paper is when they are playing one of the other area teams.

Well well, I still think Fri will be a close one with Huntingdon edging out a win if they don't turn it over.  Last year would have been diff less the turn overs.  I will say this If Camden and Blow surprise me this year they better cherish it as they will not win again for four years.  JV game tonight was brutal... I felt sorry for camden guys, literally three of them needed to be checked for concusions as the big freshman ran over them.  Huntingdon is so talented with the young guys coming up.  JV score Huntingdon 48 camden 14.  Huntingdon was way too physical for Camden, they punished them tonight.

Are you sure it was Jv and not the Freshmen Team for Camden.They have 3 teams and play their Freshmen squad against other Jv's some.Like was said eariler.Huntingdons 8th grade killed Camden when all these seniors were in 8th grade.This game should tell the progression.

Edited by CamdenBottoms

BTW when I say this I'm not arguing about your player I am just pointing something out.  The Jackson Sun area does not cover Union City.  The only reason you see them in the paper is when they are playing one of the other area teams.

Correct that is why they are not ranked #1 in the dirty dozen.  They actually got a first place vote by one of the 12 voting members and it was thrown out as they are not allowed to get votes, not newspaper sales/coverage for Dyercounty/Dburg/UC.  UC is real deal, obviously when you are defending state champs and loose one starter you are real deal Lucil.

Yes it was 100% for sure Camden JV vs Hunt JV.

Actually you might need to check everything you believe to be 100% true...

Camden had all our freshman there and only about 40% of our sophomores a few Juniors   ..usually Freshmen don't play our JV games its all Sophomores and a few Juniors..It has been hard to find freshman games this season for whatever reason so they combined both squads.

The first half of the game vs ya'll was mostly JV  14-7 Huntingdon at the half but Camden was knocking as time ran out...even with 2 of  your coaches on the field reading the keys for them and yelling  out  what was coming to your defenders....

We played Henry Countys JV team and the freshman barley sniffed the field for obvious reasons (HC is huge and potential dislocations of freshman body parts)so they played quite a bit vs you guys.We Beat Henry County  for the first time ever and it was quite the game.

I am not worried a bit about Camdens team the next 2 years. sophomore class is fast,big,physical and they love the game  think they are about 32 of them ...about half our varsity players  are Juniors including our beast RB  and some talented young-ins getting heavy rotation with the varsity.

I will say this  Your freshman RB was absolutely a banger he   don't take the hit he  delivers it . He will be a fun one to watch as will all those kids..good size and speed and shifty..I understand that a lot of your sophomores didnt play as well because they are starters..should make for some good games the nexy 3-4 years

Edited by Beagle