Centennial at Mount Juliet

MJGOLDENBEARS

Coaching is top of the line at MJ, don't think coaching will be the issue. How about we focus on overall skill and will to win the game.

I just said if it boils down to coaching. I still say Centennial is better coached,not saying MJ is not coached well. Coaching will have something to do with skills and will also.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparison of head coaches:

Rector won a state title at Ravenwood in 05 and was a runner up in 06

Perry's career record as a head coach is 8-7, right?

Edge to Centennial but players win games and MJ has the better talent

MJ wins 35-21

I would love to see half of the coaches in the state coach MJ last season and this season, our players are way undersized and not as fast as many of the teams we play, yet we win almost every weight lifting competition, and compete against much quicker and bigger teams. That's what I mean when I talk about the coaching differences. Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

This one is really pretty even. The only reason I have centennial a slight coaching edge is rectors success. Athlete wise they are pretty similar. Mt Juliet will have to stop Sanders. If they do that they should win. Probably comes down to turnovers.

I don't know much about Centennial, but I feel like people are really overlooking them. Are they really this one dimensional? They have some pretty impressive scoring performances so far this season.

I don't know much about Centennial, but I feel like people are really overlooking them. Are they really this one dimensional? They have some pretty impressive scoring performances so far this season.

Centennial has a good passing attack and one receiver that is committed to Missouri. That tells you a lot. Their offense is explosive with two very good backs and their star receiver. They run a spread offense and use the running game to set up the pass.

MJ does have some matchups that can cause their offense problems; but the Bears must shut down the run and utilize these matchups. Bears need to stay out of third and short on D and get off the field. Game will be won or lost by D line and linebackers of MJ. Bears have been very good at forcing turnovers. They need to keep this up and get 2-3.

The Cougar D is questionable in the secondary. I don't think they have faced a team that likes to throw the football. MJ will spread it around. The Bears must play smart on offense and not beat themselves with penalties, turnovers and dropped passes. Offense can really help the D out by controlling the clock and keeping Cougar O on the sideline. Must score TD's on short fields.

This will be a great game !

Go Bears !

Edited by BKisler

I think this will be a tough but winnable game for the Bears. They have got to stop the run and force Centennial to pass allowing their defensive backfield to continue to make plays and create turnovers. On Offense they have got to get the passing game on track early to set up their running game. Last week they shot themselves in the foot with penalties, sacks and fumbles.

I predict the game will be close and decided by Special Teams play. MJ has a great kicker that finally starts hitting the long FG's this week. His ability on kick-offs to drive it through the end zone will help make Centennial drive the length of the field.

Do not punt or kick the ball to #2!!!

Bears in a close one 30-28.