Trousdale Co at Gallatin

GWAVE1

Wow! Very sorry to hear about all of those TC injuries. Yes, I can relate to your comment. Two years ago in the second round of playoffs my freshman son caught a pass against Dresden and was met at the 1 yard line by a hard hitting Senior Safety. Very clean hit but their heads met head on and he laid there with a concussion for a few minutes. Made me sick to my stomach until he finally got up. We scored on the next play but he was so out of it he couldn't kick the PAT. As much as I love FB it's a very dangerous sport. I'm really disappointed in the injuries that TC has had. We wish you the best with recoveries and hope you make a run. Would love to see TCA vs TC in finals.

We have 4-5 key injuries, and I know for sure that 2 of them won't be playing this week. The football gods are making up for last yr, as we were very fortunate regarding injuries

Yeah I know what you mean. Last year 9-AAA had several key players on various teams go down to injury yet Gallatin was extremely lucky most of the year. I think the worst that I remember was Eric Debow who had a seperated shoulder, I believe, and needed minor surgery after the season. He got tweaked during the TC game and was not 100% for a few weeks after that.

Wow! Very sorry to hear about all of those TC injuries. Yes, I can relate to your comment. Two years ago in the second round of playoffs my freshman son caught a pass against Dresden and was met at the 1 yard line by a hard hitting Senior Safety. Very clean hit but their heads met head on and he laid there with a concussion for a few minutes. Made me sick to my stomach until he finally got up. We scored on the next play but he was so out of it he couldn't kick the PAT. As much as I love FB it's a very dangerous sport. I'm really disappointed in the injuries that TC has had. We wish you the best with recoveries and hope you make a run. Would love to see TCA vs TC in finals.

Thanks Intense....maybe we can get healthy and make that final happen

Yeah I know what you mean. Last year 9-AAA had several key players on various teams go down to injury yet Gallatin was extremely lucky most of the year. I think the worst that I remember was Eric Debow who had a seperated shoulder, I believe, and needed minor surgery after the season. He got tweaked during the TC game and was not 100% for a few weeks after that.

Sounds similar to my son last yr. Subluxed his shoulder 2nd game, but finished the year. We had him under the knife on NewYear's Eve for a labrum repair. Now it's these dang concussions...he's had 2 in 3 weeks. He's a warrior though!

Sounds similar to my son last yr. Subluxed his shoulder 2nd game, but finished the year. We had him under the knife on NewYear's Eve for a labrum repair. Now it's these dang concussions...he's had 2 in 3 weeks. He's a warrior though!

That's a tough break. I wish him well. Main thing is just keep him down until all signs of the concussion is better. No need to have any long term effects. I have a lot of respect for Trousdale Co and the way they compete over there. Great program and fanbase.

Enough about injuries..let's talk football. GW1..I agree with ur opening post. Both teams aren't where they were expected to be preseason. I know why we're in the position we're in..but what's going on in Gtown? I spent a lot of time in Gallatin in summers of 91,92 and 93 playing summer ball for the American Legion team. Quite a few football players from Gallatin played also..the likes of Doug Hall, Leon H., "Stick" and a few others. I never dreamed that tradition rich Gallatin would fall like they have over the years...especially with the pride those fellas and the community had. I know that was a long time ago, but what's happened over the years in your opinion?

Enough about injuries..let's talk football. GW1..I agree with ur opening post. Both teams aren't where they were expected to be preseason. I know why we're in the position we're in..but what's going on in Gtown? I spent a lot of time in Gallatin in summers of 91,92 and 93 playing summer ball for the American Legion team. Quite a few football players from Gallatin played also..the likes of Doug Hall, Leon H., "Stick" and a few others. I never dreamed that tradition rich Gallatin would fall like they have over the years...especially with the pride those fellas and the community had. I know that was a long time ago, but what's happened over the years in your opinion?

Ray Oldham who played for the Colts,Lions, Giants and Steelers was from Gallatin High School

He got a Super Bowl ring with the 1978 Steelers.

If anybody had an answer and a solution then it would have already been done. I think the biggest thing that has hurt Gallatin is the opening of Station Camp and the way the lines are drawn in reguards to who goes where. All the new money is located in the Station Camp zone and a lot of the old money in Gallatin's zone has died off. In my opinion, this is where I offend people, there was a power play between 2 coaches when Short stepped down. That kind of built a little animosity between the 2. Then when Joslin was asked to leave and Lassiter took over, he was allowed to stay too long. But let me tell you the biggest travesty of all and I firmly believe this, when Dan Herron the longtime principal retired, Calvin Short should have been the next principal bottom line! That did not happen and the whole thing kind of fell apart. The QB Club let the community down somewhat and here we are today. Mark Williams for all of his detractors is trying hard to restore and repair some of the damage behind the scenes. He is doing a good job there but I agree that wins and losses will keep his job. You have to win on the field. I personally like this staff but I think you might have to tweak it. He made some bad hires in the beginning and needs about 2 more really good coaches to secure some solid wins. That is just my opinion. Talent level has fluctuated some but you have to recognize this and win with what you have. Other winning programs do this every year. Times have changed but having a winning to dominant program can be done at Gallatin. Facilities and fan support are in place. QB club is stronger and people are hungry for success.

• Upvote 1

We have 4-5 key injuries, and I know for sure that 2 of them won't be playing this week. The football gods are making up for last yr, as we were very fortunate regarding injuries

Good luck with the injuries and the Yellow Jackets in general.Hope you fellers can heal up and make a run. I need to sport my hoodie when the weather cools off.I really enjoy standing with all the Trousdale faithful and watching a ballgame.Got some great fans.

If anybody had an answer and a solution then it would have already been done. I think the biggest thing that has hurt Gallatin is the opening of Station Camp and the way the lines are drawn in reguards to who goes where. All the new money is located in the Station Camp zone and a lot of the old money in Gallatin's zone has died off. In my opinion, this is where I offend people, there was a power play between 2 coaches when Short stepped down. That kind of built a little animosity between the 2. Then when Joslin was asked to leave and Lassiter took over, he was allowed to stay too long. But let me tell you the biggest travesty of all and I firmly believe this, when Dan Herron the longtime principal retired, Calvin Short should have been the next principal bottom line! That did not happen and the whole thing kind of fell apart. The QB Club let the community down somewhat and here we are today. Mark Williams for all of his detractors is trying hard to restore and repair some of the damage behind the scenes. He is doing a good job there but I agree that wins and losses will keep his job. You have to win on the field. I personally like this staff but I think you might have to tweak it. He made some bad hires in the beginning and needs about 2 more really good coaches to secure some solid wins. That is just my opinion. Talent level has fluctuated some but you have to recognize this and win with what you have. Other winning programs do this every year. Times have changed but having a winning to dominant program can be done at Gallatin. Facilities and fan support are in place. QB club is stronger and people are hungry for success.

Thanks for the input. I'm sure Gtown will return to its glory days at some point. 9aaa is a competitive district. Realignment will shake it up a bit next yr.

As for Friday, you guys should be 2+ scores better(it kills me to say that). If we can't limit yards after contact, it may get ugly for us. Just not enough guns in the arsenal for us right now. Watched ur game last wk...looks like you have good talent in the backfield. Line is ok. But we will score some points if you guys tackle like you did last week

Good luck with the injuries and the Yellow Jackets in general.Hope you fellers can heal up and make a run. I need to sport my hoodie when the weather cools off.I really enjoy standing with all the Trousdale faithful and watching a ballgame.Got some great fans.

Thanks Pujo...good luck to you guys as well. Mutual respect I assure you.