3A Playoff picture

mrhoward21

We should all boycott the 3A finals this year if these two recruiting machines are in the finals.  These coaches don't develop talent all they do is bring in new players every year, give them a play book and have some asst. coach teach them the plays.  Its sad that we live in a society where the mentality is "win at all costs" and there is no finer example of this than at CPA and Alcoa.  

Blatant hating at its finest.....lol

Why would we? As it is, we have one of the smallest 3A enrollments. In all other sports, we're barely above the A-AA cutoff point. We are where we belong, no playing up needed.

I believe Alcoa would win the 5A title this year (most years) and compete for the 4A w/ Fulton being the only real challenge. I would like to see them move up just to be challenged come play-off time. Not even really caring to see them lose, just feel it make make for some much better games for them and other teams in the higher classes.....

I have been reading for about 8 years now. Created this account about 2 years ago if I remember correctly but out of all the years of reading I have never seen an Alcoa supporter on this website down a program. I have never seen them talk about how bad a team is in a disrespectful way meaning to down the team. Yes a lot of them troll and I mean A LOT of them. But if I was a supporter of a program that has had so much success it would take a lot of convincing evidence for me to think my team would lose. Why get so upset over it. Why not support your program with the passion that they have? I remember going to the Alcoa Milan Championship the one that was 28 to 14 or so when Avery had about 400 tackles and Alcoa on here had nothing but respect for Milan and the way they played them tough and close. Alcoa supporters are not just jerks that hate every other program they are just Very passionate about their own and until they give me a reason not to respect them I am going to respect the program they have built. They are a powerhouse. The supporters have a right to think they will win just like every other programs supporters. I have respect for their fans because they could get on here and down other programs and talk about how awful every other program is but they dont they just have fun. 

• Upvote 1

Notafan good post and I agree with a lot of what you said. They have earned the right to be proud, confident fans. Alcoa has a tradition of winning and I would imagine most of their fans keep it at that. But the fans on here do put down other teams. When they say their second teamers are the number two team in the state, their third teamers number three, etc they are putting down every other team in the state in 3a. Honestly I wouldn't even have a problem with that except under so many 3a threads that have nothing at all to do with Alcoa, you see one of their comments about Alcoa or a video. No need for that. It is what it is and they are who they are. I'm done with it. Hopefully Alcoa does move down to 2a and they go with them.

I have been reading for about 8 years now. Created this account about 2 years ago if I remember correctly but out of all the years of reading I have never seen an Alcoa supporter on this website down a program. I have never seen them talk about how bad a team is in a disrespectful way meaning to down the team. Yes a lot of them troll and I mean A LOT of them. But if I was a supporter of a program that has had so much success it would take a lot of convincing evidence for me to think my team would lose. Why get so upset over it. Why not support your program with the passion that they have? I remember going to the Alcoa Milan Championship the one that was 28 to 14 or so when Avery had about 400 tackles and Alcoa on here had nothing but respect for Milan and the way they played them tough and close. Alcoa supporters are not just jerks that hate every other program they are just Very passionate about their own and until they give me a reason not to respect them I am going to respect the program they have built. They are a powerhouse. The supporters have a right to think they will win just like every other programs supporters. I have respect for their fans because they could get on here and down other programs and talk about how awful every other program is but they dont they just have fun.

Post of the year! +100!

Notafan good post and I agree with a lot of what you said. They have earned the right to be proud, confident fans. Alcoa has a tradition of winning and I would imagine most of their fans keep it at that. But the fans on here do put down other teams. When they say their second teamers are the number two team in the state, their third teamers number three, etc they are putting down every other team in the state in 3a. Honestly I wouldn't even have a problem with that except under so many 3a threads that have nothing at all to do with Alcoa, you see one of their comments about Alcoa or a video. No need for that. It is what it is and they are who they are. I'm done with it. Hopefully Alcoa does move down to 2a and they go with them.

But that is not putting other teams down that is called a troll and having fun. I am a Westview fan so I will use Westview in my example. I can say that with out a doubt if I asked an Alcoa Supporter on here what they really thought of Westview this year and asked them to answer honestly they would give a respectful answer. They would not say Westview is terrible, they are no good at all, they all need to quit football. That is downing a team. But if you really believe that they seriously think that their middle school team would be a top 5 3A team then you probably need to quit reading threads. All they are doing is trolling.

Honestly Westviews team scares me. They let teams stay in it for way to long or let teams build a lead and have to play from behind. They are lucky to be 5-0. They need to start taking control of the game earlier and keep that lead. That being said they have showed a lot of heart and have not given up and they are very talented. Should make it far in the playoff. I can also say they have learned to win close games so that is a plus. I think they can do some damage if they play to their potential throughout the entire game.

WATE 6 News

A new $480,000 jumbotron at Alcoa High School is already so much over budget that the school is having to dip into the school system's rainy day fund.

School administrators were told they needed to pay an additional $150,000-$180,000 to redo their powergrid. WATE Laura Halm has details on 6 News at 6:00pm.

WATE 6 News

A new $480,000 jumbotron at Alcoa High School is already so much over budget that the school is having to dip into the school system's rainy day fund.

School administrators were told they needed to pay an additional $150,000-$180,000 to redo their powergrid. WATE Laura Halm has details on 6 News at 6:00pm.

Yesterday's news...find a paper from this month, bruh.