Could Fulton compete or beat Maryville?

HeHatemeNOT

Maybe the past 3 years or so Fulton could maybe, but the past 15 years NO.

By the way Maryville shouldn't be clamored for like the other so called "Big Boys" did around knoxburg as they, Bearden, Farragut and oak ridge haven't been able to beat the Rebels since MHS got on their schedules. Be careful what ya wish for just for the sake for what you think might be.

Edited by FBEmeritus

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigDog There's lots of Non Maryville fans who get on here and say Maryville would beat so and so , the Majority of Maryville fans will never say ... we would beat so and so .... Find one post where I actually say we would beat someone .... I think it's stupid for anyone to say well we would beat so and so if they don't play ..... I also think national Polls for High school Football are beyond ridiculous .... a few teams a year playing a team in Ky or Ala tells us nothing about how Brentwood academy or Maryville would play against a California , Texas , or Florida team .... Don't sweat a few ignorant comments BigDog , we get them every year , and I can assure you everyone I know from Maryville Respects Brentwood academy .... as a Matter of Fact , tomorrow night the Blount County Hall of Fame is Recognizing the 1976  Maryville Team that beat Brentwood Academy for the State Championship ... I along with my Brothers and hopefully a whole bunch of Old Teammates will be there Tomorrow night ... So that should let you know that Yes Beating Brentwood academy was a big deal to us and us being Honored for it 38 years later is Awesome . 

BigDog There's lots of Non Maryville fans who get on here and say Maryville would beat so and so , the Majority of Maryville fans will never say ... we would beat so and so .... Find one post where I actually say we would beat someone .... I think it's stupid for anyone to say well we would beat so and so if they don't play ..... I also think national Polls for High school Football are beyond ridiculous .... a few teams a year playing a team in Ky or Ala tells us nothing about how Brentwood academy or Maryville would play against a California , Texas , or Florida team .... Don't sweat a few ignorant comments BigDog , we get them every year , and I can assure you everyone I know from Maryville Respects Brentwood academy .... as a Matter of Fact , tomorrow night the Blount County Hall of Fame is Recognizing the 1976 Maryville Team that beat Brentwood Academy for the State Championship ... I along with my Brothers and hopefully a whole bunch of Old Teammates will be there Tomorrow night ... So that should let you know that Yes Beating Brentwood academy was a big deal to us and us being Honored for it 38 years later is Awesome .

Pep, are you calling my post ignorant? How dare you. I thought we were boys? Lol jk pep

Pep, Maryville has dominated the public side of Tennessee going on 15 years now. That's the team every public fears come playoff time. However, winning D II is a different story. I'm quite sure wouldn't have been as dominant if the privates were in the mix come playoff time.

Also, your assessment of the national rankings is grossly wrong. 15-20 years ago national rankings were worthless. Teams rarely played OOS. The last decade has been totally different. There are multiple OOS games now. Teams from Cali are playing teams from Florida, Texas, S. Carolina, Jersey, etc. Teams are playing all kinds of OOS games all over the country. It's time Maryville steps up or they're gonna get left in the dust nationally.

Pep, Maryville has dominated the public side of Tennessee going on 15 years now. That's the team every public fears come playoff time. However, winning D II is a different story. I'm quite sure wouldn't have been as dominant if the privates were in the mix come playoff time.

Also, your assessment of the national rankings is grossly wrong. 15-20 years ago national rankings were worthless. Teams rarely played OOS. The last decade has been totally different. There are multiple OOS games now. Teams from Cali are playing teams from Florida, Texas, S. Carolina, Jersey, etc. Teams are playing all kinds of OOS games all over the country. It's time Maryville steps up or they're gonna get left in the dust nationally.

Oh no .... what will we do ??!!?? :mrgreen:  You are totally clueless if you think I'm worried about what some geek like you in Montana thinks about Maryville . 

Maryville IS A PUBLIC SCHOOL .... do you actually know what that means ?? Maryville has to consider every student in their School , not just the Football team . A Private school can do whatever it wants , a Public school like Maryville can not just do whatever they want .... You surely know this already but every year you try to throw in your jabs about Maryville ... Maryville has nothing to Prove to you . 

Omaha,

What does a team get for playing OOS games?  Trophy, $, cookie?  Some coaches focus on developing young men and not accolades.  GQ never talks about his wins and the talk from my cousin to the players today is that he never ever wears any of his rings.  It is still HS and people like you are ruining the true experience for our youth.

Go REBELS!!!

Omaha,

What does a team get for playing OOS games?  Trophy, $, cookie?  Some coaches focus on developing young men and not accolades.  GQ never talks about his wins and the talk from my cousin to the players today is that he never ever wears any of his rings.  It is still HS and people like you are ruining the true experience for our youth.

Go REBELS!!!

BINGO !! Omahavol does this every year .... If what you say is true Omahavol ... why is there echoes ringing when you go to DII and say hi ?? I mean if playing OOS teams like DII does is needed for excitement or attention why is there no interest or talk hardly at all in the DII section ? If Maryville pretending to be a Private school causes us to be in the same boat as the rest of them , I think we'll just stay right where we're at . 

I know pepvol .. Same ole same ole I suppose. I haven't seen maryville play this year been so busy with work and hoping BA would get over the hump and win the division. Once again we travel to Memphis and if we make it through MUS back to Ensworth.

I know you guys dont sit around and think about this stuff... Good luck to you guys in the playoffs. Should be a fun year for 6a. If BA gets knocked out early, And Maryville pushes ok would certainly love to watch a game later on in the playoffs

BigDog There's lots of Non Maryville fans who get on here and say Maryville would beat so and so , the Majority of Maryville fans will never say ... we would beat so and so .... Find one post where I actually say we would beat someone .... I think it's stupid for anyone to say well we would beat so and so if they don't play ..... I also think national Polls for High school Football are beyond ridiculous .... a few teams a year playing a team in Ky or Ala tells us nothing about how Brentwood academy or Maryville would play against a California , Texas , or Florida team .... Don't sweat a few ignorant comments BigDog , we get them every year , and I can assure you everyone I know from Maryville Respects Brentwood academy .... as a Matter of Fact , tomorrow night the Blount County Hall of Fame is Recognizing the 1976 Maryville Team that beat Brentwood Academy for the State Championship ... I along with my Brothers and hopefully a whole bunch of Old Teammates will be there Tomorrow night ... So that should let you know that Yes Beating Brentwood academy was a big deal to us and us being Honored for it 38 years later is Awesome .

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

I know pepvol .. Same ole same ole I suppose. I haven't seen maryville play this year been so busy with work and hoping BA would get over the hump and win the division. Once again we travel to Memphis and if we make it through MUS back to Ensworth.

I know you guys dont sit around and think about this stuff... Good luck to you guys in the playoffs. Should be a fun year for 6a. If BA gets knocked out early, And Maryville pushes ok would certainly love to watch a game later on in the playoffs

And good luck to you and Brentwood academy , and enjoy watching your sons play football , one of the true joys in life to watch a son out there giving it everything he's got . 

BINGO !! Omahavol does this every year .... If what you say is true Omahavol ... why is there echoes ringing when you go to DII and say hi ?? I mean if playing OOS teams like DII does is needed for excitement or attention why is there no interest or talk hardly at all in the DII section ? If Maryville pretending to be a Private school causes us to be in the same boat as the rest of them , I think we'll just stay right where we're at .

And I'll keep doing this every year until Maryville steps up. All of D II does, Riverdale went to OH, Blackman went to AL. Even when I played back in the late 80s/early 90s Oak Ridge played KY power Tilghman and Rhea Co played Prattville,AL. It can happen. It's okay to do it. Maryville is the best public in TN. Go out there and represent Tennessee. There is no reason why they can't schedule a home-and-home with Hoover, an Atlanta power (N. Gwinnett, Buford, Peachtree Ridge,Marist,Milton), North Carolina (Mallard Crk, Butler, Independence), South Carolina (Byrnes, Dorman, Rock Hill). All would be regionally close and all are on the national radar.

If you want to keep playing slappies during the regular season (minus Alcoa), then go ahead and keep your Blount County title.

Maryville is a great team with a great tradition. Get out there and show it.

Funny how we don't even have to look anything up to know you were 0-6 ..... Congrats on being 0-6 against Maryville , will look good on your Football resume no doubt . 

SS acted like I had no idea what Maryville was all about. I was simply pointing out that I'm more familiar with Maryville than he could ever hope to be. Piss off.

Oh and yes Maryville would get OBLITERATED against the privates. There's a reason the privates have tons of division I players. Too much talent for Maryville. Step up and play these teams from other states. What does almighty Maryville have to lose? 

I respect Maryville. I really do. But you have always been way too defensive on here and think Maryville is some untouchable royalty. Maybe they are. But they certainly don't go out of their way to play top tier teams. Even West played a NC team these past two years.

Edited by RunninRebels