7a-Any opinions?

jhdill

What suggestions do you have for Coach Pyle.  This year it seems like he coaches his kids to pass ball out of bounds, throw it to the other team, and when you shoot don't touch anything rim net backboard anything.  His teams were at lot more solid last several years was it just the players overcoming Coach Pyle coaching and this years players just not good enough to do that or what.

I agree that Clay has still not played up to their full potential but until last night they had just been playing well enough to win. They did play better last night than they have so far. Which over all is a good thing I guess since you do not want to peak to early. Looking forward to watching the progress over the rest of the season. Clay goes to Monterey Friday night.

Right on Duke. Pyle must also be "coaching" them to ignore the open man and no rebounding. Only saw a few of their games but in the games I have saw they give up in the second half and are missing a lot of opportunities by slow ball movement. Surely he don't tell them to have the many turnovers they have? Good win clay county

my thoughts exactly Bobcat... hit it right on the head.  Coach Pyle is a good coach, he has gotten better and better over years.  Give them a break... they obviously lost a big part of last year with the big kid graduating.  Then the point guard who was playing very well toward the end of last season goes down.  Just give it time, when he gets back the range will be very competitive.  

Congrats PC on that good showing last night.  I'd really like to see PC and Clay county as those are the 2 I haven't gotten to see yet. 

Last night was my first look at CR. In last nights game the full court pressure caused problems for CR and it appears that the size of Clay was an issue for them. I would think CR is usually the bigger team on the floor. As for the CR coach I have no opinion on that.

Edited by UTRok

You know how it goes bobcat. I'd say most crange fans still love their coach. If a coach makes the wrong parent mad for whatever reason the bashing begins. Coach is a good coach and I'm sure by tourney time the team will work out their problems. Getting the PG back will help. Heard he is expected back next week.

How did Coach Pyle go from being such a great coach last year and now it seems the Clarkrange fans wants his head?

Not a parent, and not out for Pyle's head. If you where coach and things got out of control wouldn't you call a time out? If you had your starters  on the bench wouldn't you put them back in at the start of the 4th quarter? Its like he subs and forgets who is actually  in the game. I have the up most respect for Rodney he is a good coach, and i hope everyone is right that it will be better when the  point guard gets back..

I will say the CR crowd was a good crowd not the normal spew that we have heard so far. The boys played hard and the girl not much to say abut them as we didn't give them a game. I would like to watch the CR girls play against a comparable team just to see how good they are.

Not a parent, and not out for Pyle's head. If you where coach and things got out of control wouldn't you call a time out? If you had your starters  on the bench wouldn't you put them back in at the start of the 4th quarter? Its like he subs and forgets who is actually  in the game. I have the up most respect for Rodney he is a good coach, and i hope everyone is right that it will be better when the  point guard gets back..

Yes, I watched that same thing for three years at PC and now they have a GREAT coach and things are rolling again...the last one underachieved every year and would pull a lineup that was working, for one that was cold and lost lots of game which should have been won. We are very fortunate to have Nathan now.   But, as for CR, has Rodney completely changed his coaching style from last year? To be honest, I didn't see how they kept winning last year. I thought they were slow (except for the point guard) and just big. But, they did win and got to the substate. So you are saying he's coaching totally different from last year?