7a-Any opinions?

jhdill

People claim that but is just not true, absolutely not...just a way to change the subject.

PC is a good team, they are are playing very good ball right now and in my opinion they are as good as anyone in the district on any given night.  This new coach is a huge upgrade from the one they had the last couple of years in Moons.  

I think us folks in 7a are in for some exciting tourn games. Any of the teams can win and nobody should be counted out. A few have got off to slow starts but are coming on strong and its going to make some great basketball action for us all to see. Good luck to the players and all the teams. Hope everyone stays healthy and injury free.

I give a slight edge to Clay as well. I think we are deeper and for sure have a great coach. Monterey has been underestimated this year. Crange proved last year it doesn't matter what place you start out being picked in... Its how you finish. District tourn will come down to who wants it more and whose shots are falling.

Isn't that the truth. CRange always plays a tough schedule and that has helped them mature. Same with Pickett they were competitive with LA and White Co. and that has improved their team. Pickett has a better coach now and its already paying dividends for them. Clay just lost to RBS and I'm in no way saying they are unbeatable but they have plenty of size and Key is playing at a high level he might get MVP. And he will be dominating region 4a for two more years!

District tournament will be Pickett vs Monterey in the 4/5 game with Clay getting the winner who i predict will be PC.  JC vs Clarkrange in the other semi's.

both of the semi final games will be highly contested games with any of the 4 teams having a chance to win.  Should be one of the best district tournaments in a long time!

Any opinions on how district 7a will stack up against the other district in regional tourney?

I think it will be a good region tournament as well.  The private school and RBS have both shown they can beat a team out of 7A and get beaten by one so who knows.  Getting that first game at home will be huge in my opinion for both districts.

• 2 weeks later...